Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

17 minutes ago, 99 Problems said:

He might be strongly influenced by Pep but he might also not have what it takes to be a manager. This is the same bonkers logic that leads clubs to hire managers like Lampard because they’ve won loads of stuff as players and they seem like leaders.

Theres a hell of a lot more to management than your style of play. What are his leadership qualities like? How does he interact with players? Can he make the right tactical subs when needed? Has he ever had to recruit players? No one knows because he’s managed 14 games in total.

It’s a ridiculous gamble we don’t need to take. Hiring someone who is part of someone else’s back room team doesn’t mean you’re going to get the same kind of result 

No, I agree with you , he has too little experience. I remain in the Smith on a rolling contract camp.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 99 Problems said:

So your whole counter argument in favour of Maresca is to point out that no one knows much about him. That’s it? On that basis, you’re happy to take a risk on a guy that has managed 14 games in his life (before he got sacked). I highly doubt you or the club would even be entertaining the idea if he wasn’t associated with Man City in some way. It’s a stupid gamble and this has nothing to do with Dean Smith. It’s not as if we only have the choice of two is it?

It’s not my counter argument but what I am saying is I don’t there are many who really know enough about his coaching credentials to really judge or question if he will be a decent appointment or not. 

• Like 1

Top and Rudkin only considering Enzo Maresca because he turned down Southampton last month, they probably never heard of him before.... show's they just interested in the latest flavor without first thinking of the vision they want Leicester to play 

Incidentally I never heard of him either before he turned down the Southampton gig!

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

10 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

It's rare to see bookies thinking of their punters in this way, stopping them wasting their money.

Respect to them.

Actually, they are largely thinking of themselves here. Bookies make their money on the margin from the differential in the overall odds. Their biggest objective is to balance the book so they always make a profit no matter the outcome of the bet. Next Manager Markets actually don't get many bets, so when someone comes in with a largish bet it can really upset the balance of the market for them (if Potter is 8/1 a £35 bet introduces quite a lot of liability for them, especially if a few people lump on). They will be sticking max bets on here to make their lives easier. 

Edited by Chelmofox

34 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Actually, they are largely thinking of themselves here. Bookies make their money on the margin from the differential in the overall odds. Their biggest objective is to balance the book so they always make a profit no matter the outcome of the bet. Next Manager Markets actually don't get many bets, so when someone comes in with a largish bet it can really upset the balance of the market for them (if Potter is 8/1 a £35 bet introduces quite a lot of liability for them, especially if a few people lump on). They will be sticking max bets on here to make their lives easier. 

Agree about the book aspect but they’re not bothered about being exposed for £250 

I believe that they probably restrict next manager and next players club market stakes because it’s such an obvious lose for them with insider info 

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Agree about the book aspect but they’re not bothered about being exposed for £250 

I believe that they probably restrict next manager and next players club market stakes because it’s such an obvious lose for them with insider info 

Agree they aren't fussed about a few hundred quid - but that is one bet. I think its more that, as Cambiasso said, the situation can change very quickly. All it takes if for Potter to go out for lunch and think he fancies the gig after all, then he bang on to get the job. All it take is for a few hundred people to get wind of it and put a load on for them to lose quite badly. Max bets here will just be protecting them on markets that dont have much liquidity. This isn't like a sports bet which is based on form and performance.

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

Perhaps he could point to his league winners medal, fa cup medal, championship medal etc so they know perhaps the goalkeeping coach isn’t responsible for our relegation.

Amartey has got the same medals and he’s no longer required, and albrighton. The club needs to move on

• Like 2

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

No, I agree with you , he has too little experience. I remain in the Smith on a rolling contract camp.

Yep cos if we don’t hire Maresca we have to go with Smith right? Literally there’s no one else across the spectrum of European football. Well done mate you’ve smashed it on here this afternoon . Case closed - no arguing with those logic bombs

Edited by 99 Problems

1 hour ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

It’s not my counter argument but what I am saying is I don’t there are many who really know enough about his coaching credentials to really judge or question if he will be a decent appointment or not. 

Great let’s hire him then!!

We give it to Smith, plod along first half of the season, meanwhile two of Forest, Fulham, Everton underperform and managers sacked by Xmas. We bring one of them in and charge for the playoffs, beating Steven Gerrard’s Leeds on penalties. Sorted. 

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

I was kinda being sarcastic in my original post but that can be lost on the Internet I know.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Top and Rudkin only considering Enzo Maresca because he turned down Southampton last month, they probably never heard of him before.... show's they just interested in the latest flavor without first thinking of the vision they want Leicester to play 

Incidentally I never heard of him either before he turned down the Southampton gig!

Hey Crispin it's Flavour with a u if you don't mind.:thumbup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Your posts are well weird

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, inckley fox said:

I sincerely hope that our fixation with being a poor, poor man's Guardiola outfit won't lead us to Maresca. An appointment based on literally no credible managerial merit whatsoever. Perhaps he'll turn out to be a glorious manager, but we should be looking for a surer bet.

Hutter may also be a fine manager. But I'm not sure he's what we need now. The club is crying out for someone who has both a penchant for team-building and the qualities required for a promotion push.

Hutter is very good at building up a squad. He got quite a few players to improve and bring big fees to Frankfurt. Haller, Jovic and Andre Silva all prime examples. 

Whether he can operate at the Championship level would be a question but it would be a question worth asking. Perhaps worth getting an Appleton style assistant in to help him.

• Like 2

Just now, fkas said:

Hutter is very good at building up a squad. He got quite a few players to improve and bring big fees to Frankfurt. Haller, Jovic and Andre Silva all prime examples. 

Whether he can operate at the Championship level would be a question but it would be a question worth asking. Perhaps worth getting an Appleton style assistant in to help him.

Started watching this to get more info on Hutter - appears to be a tactically astute, impressive person with good communication skills:

• Like 2