Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

Amartey has got the same medals and he’s no longer required, and albrighton. The club needs to move on

That’s just toss… neither of them were good enough for the premier based on our own eyes. You have zero idea of the impact of MS, what we know is every manager kept him on board… perhaps worth considering why that might be.

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hutter is far better than the Championship but you never know, offer him enough bunce and a rebuild opportunity.

To me, a manager who is desperate to be in the prem would come here… unless they actually don’t back themselves. 

There’s a blank canvass, money to spend and you’ll start with a handful of players who are too good for this league. 

It shouldn’t take too much convincing when there are no open paths to the prem for the individual. I don’t see where hutter gets a gig before his next job. So why not ey? 

• Like 1

A name has popped up on the north american markets and it’s so damn random. I had to google because i’d never even heard of them. 

Liam Manning… why on earth would the current oxford manager be on that list? How have they even heard of him. 😂 I wonder if anyones put a bet on 

Prekki levels of random 

Edit - ive done some research.

Manning was linked heavily with the city group, managed ny before becoming academy director, then moving to lommel in belgium. He took them from bottom to 3rd. Before a successful stint getting mk dons to 3rd. They had a poor start to the season after selling all their stars and he was fired. 

I wonder if there could be a smidge of a link if we’ve been looking at city group staff and the belgium knowledge. 🤔 A random one to keep us guessing for the day

im fairness to him, without the poor start at mk last year he would probably have been poached at championship level. Mk played some lovely stuff. I actually found a few comments from ipswich stating they’d want him if mckenna left 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Re Hutter if we don’t ask him if he is interested we will never know. The question is will Rudders have the vision to have him on his selection list or will be the usual suspects?

Probably the latter, but I hope we haven’t taken 2 weeks plus to end up deciding Smith is the answer.

1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Actually thought Adi Hutter was odds to replace Roy at Palace this summer......why is it taking so so long......read he's been contacted a while back now 🤔

He doesn’t even feature in the list of potential Palace managers on Betfair..,

FC1BCD6A-5044-46A2-9EB4-D2394F6F2F12.png

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Basically 8 weeks left.... is anybody actually going to hurry up and pull their finger out?

Ruders: Naaaaaah we will be fine.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

So I take it you know enough about him to confirm he will be a guaranteed failure and if so what is that insight and who would you appoint that will bring that guarantee of success? 

And we’re back full circle. No one knows Claudio - so why take such a huge gamble when we are in our most precarious position for over a decade? That’s the point you seem to missing over and again. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

There’s a blank canvass, money to spend and you’ll start with a handful of players who are too good for this league. 

Out of interest, which players are you expecting to be here in September that are “too good for this league”? 

Edited by TrentFox
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, dannythefox said:

Give over one of the most passionate players there was. A proper leader on and off the pitch. I’m sure his team talk would be the same 

...he seemed to be a miserable whiny player in his playing days!!!

Always came across as the boy who owned the ball, but would threaten to walk away with it if he was losing. I could never take to him , would hate to have him here.

34 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Out of interest, which players are you expecting to be here in September that are “too good for this league”? 

I don’t understand why people think we’re going to lose all our players. They do realise we have to field a team next year dont they? 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

I’m sure there will be debate but for me we have a few that fall into the ‘too good for the champ not quite good enough for the prem camp’ (similar to nugent) iversen, Souttar, Faes, kdh, daka all in that bracket for me. possibly vardy with another year on the legs, same with a fit evans. 

Hopefully kristansen proves to be one of those as well. 

Then in terms of prem quality that i hope we can keep hold of would be iheanacho, ricardo and Justin (if he recovers well and reverts to the right) 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, fox_favourite said:

Adi Hutter would be a good shout from what I read, but I don't see Rudkin thinking outside the box 

When BR left, Tanner said Hutter was one of the names that were being considered. 

While Tanner isn’t one for breaking news, he doesn’t speculate typically. 

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I’m sure there will be debate but for me we have a few that fall into the ‘too good for the champ not quite good enough for the prem camp’ (similar to nugent) iversen, Souttar, Faes, kdh, daka all in that bracket for me. possibly vardy with another year on the legs, same with a fit evans. 

Hopefully kristansen proves to be one of those as well. 

Then in terms of prem quality that i hope we can keep hold of would be iheanacho, ricardo and Justin (if he recovers well and reverts to the right) 

I don't that I'd keep both Ricardo AND JJ even of we could. Going into the season with both your RB options being potential sick notes is a risk. Anything happens to both which isn't exactly unlikely and we are humped. I'd pick one and potentially sell the other.

UNLESS....

We get Kieran Mckenna. One of the systems he plays is a back 3 and wingbacks but on one side he likes a more attacking WB with a CB behind him who has been converted from FB. He uses that wide CB to overlap and flood that side or if need be, push out to FB converting to a back 4 on the fly. That could be the ideal position for JJ with Ricky in front of him. 

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

I don't that I'd keep both Ricardo AND JJ even of we could. Going into the season with both your RB options being potential sick notes is a risk. Anything happens to both which isn't exactly unlikely and we are humped. I'd pick one and potentially sell the other.

UNLESS....

We get Kieran Mckenna. One of the systems he plays is a back 3 and wingbacks but on one side he likes a more attacking WB with a CB behind him who has been converted from FB. He uses that wide CB to overlap and flood that side or if need be, push out to FB converting to a back 4 on the fly. That could be the ideal position for JJ with Ricky in front of him. 

That would work nicely. There’s certainly an argument that JJ’s best games came as part of a back 3 

McKenna from what I've read on here sounds decent but if we were interested, would our DF be able to sell the club to him and would he want to up sticks? he might be happy and settled.

Guess this coming week should see some reaction from the club, if not, then I really do fear for this coming season.

• Haha 1