Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

9 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Burnley signed Kompany on the 14th this time last year to start their rebuild. Its the 11th now. Starting to get a bit worrying that we seemingly aren't close to signing anyone.

Based on the information provided on here, the manager isn't going to have much say with regards to the rebuild of the playing staff anyway. Only issue with having no manager in place is that some players identified may want to hold off to see who takes over.

• Like 2

Doubt the club will gamble on Maresca for a championship rebuild. 

Big pressure for us to get promoted in year 1 or 2, and the club has almost never taken that type of risk before. 

They will want some who's proven at this level, career trajectory or success of previous situations.

Based on the above I can see why Potter, Parker, Mckenna or Benitez are targets. 

I doubt Gerrard/Lampard are actual targets only to feed the press. If they can't agree/find the right manager then I can see them go sade with Smith.

I'd like to see them go Mckenna but I'd be ok with Rafa, or left option of Hutter.

Let's hope this saga is resolved before the transfer window opens.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Based on the information provided on here, the manager isn't going to have much say with regards to the rebuild of the playing staff anyway. Only issue with having no manager in place is that some players identified may want to hold off to see who takes over.

No way is that remotely true.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I think Maresca is our 1st choice and the Champions League has delayed anything moving forward, one way of another I think this will be resolved in the next 3 or 4 days 

You would hope that, whoever the next mgr is, the Club has already been negotiating and we are at advanced stages not just starting discussions otherwise things drag out into the window being open.

Edited by JimmyC74
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Criggers said:

It’s gonna be like 2007 again.

Maddison and Barnes out, about 14 random players and journeyman in. Panic buys galore.

What’s Martin Allen up to these days? 

Are you seriously comparing King Power to Mandaric…bloody hell

• Like 2

Just now, Fox in the North said:

Are you seriously comparing King Power to Mandaric…bloody hell

He did the club more good than harm.

When he sold the club to the current owner (under Vichai, obviously), he was adamant that he sold it to 'good people'.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Daggers said:

No way is that remotely true.

Agreed. If it’s Maresca / Gerrard,  to name just two , there is no way they come in if they can’t have a say.

Sure that Martyn Glover will show a list of potential choices and ask the new manager to give their preferences.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Absolute nonsense 😂

• Like 1

It would be nice if the club do try and conclude this, this week. Fans need something to get behind and have very little to actually feel positive about. It be nice to have a manager and a few signing to discuss instead of questions as to whether Top’s a bit of prat and Rudkin is clueless being on the agenda. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Enzos father has gone missing which may delay things if we are planning to speak to him 

Bloody typical, bet we were set to announce him today and his dad decided to do a runner.. Thanks a lot

31 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

He did the club more good than harm.

When he sold the club to the current owner (under Vichai, obviously), he was adamant that he sold it to 'good people'.

Pure fluke, he couldn't care less who he sold it to, we could easily have been another Portsmouth

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JimmyC74 said:

Agreed. If it’s Maresca / Gerrard,  to name just two , there is no way they come in if they can’t have a say.

Sure that Martyn Glover will show a list of potential choices and ask the new manager to give their preferences.

You'd bring in a manager happy to do so wouldn't you? Also even if you gave the manager a list, it's still not really down to them is it, the list would be formed based on the preferences of the club and Glover.