Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

23 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Club won't appoint anyone without experience in the Championship/Premier league.

Its good that this whole fall from grace and relegation malarkey is making them rethink their strategies etc. Do they look at what other teams have managed to achieve? 

• Like 1

Just now, winteriscoming said:

In that case I can see it being either Vieira or Hassenhutl. 

I don’t think it’ll be hassenhutl purely because his style of play (which I like) probably isn’t sustainable in the championship with the amount of games. I like his character though, we need a passionate bloke in charge. Haven’t had it since Claudio. 

Smith looks like a man who's realised he's bitten off more than he can chew.

I think we'll shake hands and go our separate ways. 

Pleased to hear we won't be getting Martin, if the stories are true. 

11 minutes ago, F T Fagos said:

what stories?

forget it, seen at top of thread, thought you were on about o'neill

Edited by splinterdream

20 minutes ago, F T Fagos said:

Hopefully. He'd be a really unimaginative appointment. He might be a likeable person and a decent man manager, but he seems tactically clueless. Not what we need.

I really hope we aren't insisting on PL/Championship experience as a non-negotiable. That will limit the field somewhat. 

35 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

In that case I can see it being either Vieira or Hassenhutl. 

...they will still be doing the same nonsense that has taken us here!!!

I really want them to stop being so insular and closed off to other options out there. It seems the first person to knock on their door and ask for the job, they will no doubt ask how quickly can you start.

The same thing happened to the Tigers, they were lazy in the recruitment of a Head Coach, and they went through a couple of years at the bottom of the table, only being saved by a covid protocol where relegation was cancelled and Saracens being punished with a 75 point deduction as the first points penalty was not enough to relegate them, as Tigers were so poor Saracens were still not finishing at the bottom. If it was not for Borthwick and the mentality that he brought from outside of the club, we would still be in the second tier in rugby.

There is no sign of a change of approach or having taken on board the mistakes that have led to our fall from grace. It is as if they are in denial. Please have some ambition, it is not about money, it is the closed mind at the top of the club (no pun intended) that continues to hold us back.

Take some responsibility Khun Top, what is your vision, this is what we all need to know.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...they will still be doing the same nonsense that has taken us here!!!

I really want them to stop being so insular and closed off to other options out there. It seems the first person to knock on their door and ask for the job, they will no doubt ask how quickly can you start.

The same thing happened to the Tigers, they were lazy in the recruitment of a Head Coach, and they went through a couple of years at the bottom of the table, only being saved by a covid protocol where relegation was cancelled and Saracens being punished with a 75 point deduction as the first points penalty was not enough to relegate them, as Tigers were so poor Saracens were still not finishing at the bottom. If it was not for Borthwick and the mentality that he brought from outside of the club, we would still be in the second tier in rugby.

There is no sign of a change of approach or having taken on board the mistakes that have led to our fall from grace. It is as if they are in denial. Please have some ambition, it is not about money, it is the closed mind at the top of the club (no pun intended) that continues to hold us back.

Take some responsibility Khun Top, what is your vision, this is what we all need to know.

So who do you suggest? 

4 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Southampton to be promoted under Russell Martin and people decide we should have got him. Despite everyone being against it. 

Bloke who finished 10th in the Championship vs bloke who finished 14th in the Championship 

kombuchaahh_edit_44675248231203.jpg

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

So who do you suggest? 

....take a look at Sunderland, where they have gone, Knutsen, JDT,  also Arne is now off the list, and Gallardo even Postecoglou could do a job!!!

We keep going down the road with the usual suspects, we need to move away from these.

Happy Saints have gone for Martin cause I thought they might go for Kjetil Knutsen and by now I'm pretty much coming on here daily to say how much I want Kjetil Knutsen.

Put the Kjetil on! 

• Like 2