Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

You say this then you were given examples of clubs that do it

I’m not saying other clubs don’t do it. I’m saying there is precisely zero evidence that we’ve adopted this model. Our scouting team will identify a number of targets, which will be chosen in consultation with the new manager. I guarantee you those decisions will not be made without the new manager’s input. 

Guest nathan.
2 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Of course a manager brings in his own backroom staff.

The players who we bring in is Glovers job.

Think we'll be hearing of an incoming player this week. Deal agreed in principle with Cairney

We've approached a goalkeeper too.

Enquiry sent for Donny Van De Beek. 

I've heard a couple of other names; Gustav Isaksen was being touted to the club via Victor K's agent too.

Cheers mate any whispers on the manager front.

3 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I’m not saying other clubs don’t do it. I’m saying there is precisely zero evidence that we’ve adopted this model. Our scouting team will identify a number of targets, which will be chosen in consultation with the new manager. I guarantee you those decisions will not be made without the new manager’s input. 

I said with little input from the manager, regardless of if he has his opinion the targets put forward would still be reflective of whatever direction the club and Glover want us to go, regardless of manager.

10 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

You'd bring in a manager happy to do so wouldn't you? Also even if you gave the manager a list, it's still not really down to them is it, the list would be formed based on the preferences of the club and Glover.

Just think the reality *most* managers, and certainly most of the names listed on FT will want a yay or nay on potential players.  

I expect the likes of Maresca would want assurances on that before choosing us over staying at City / selecting Celtic.

Agree tho we don’t want the manager to have full control as Rodgers did at one point.

This needs dealing with and quickly. This week. 

Surely the bulk of the footballing world go on holiday the minute the last game is played. The optimist in me says this is the case and we will certainly see movement this week with players and a manager!

3 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I would have thought this position is the least of our worries. I cant see any of our 3 keepers going anywhere and Iversen is good enough.

Looking for someone with more leadership qualities I'm told.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Think we'll be hearing of an incoming player this week. Deal agreed in principle with Cairney

I've heard a couple of other names; Gustav Isaksen was being touted to the club via Victor K's agent too.

Donny Van De Beek would be a class above at this level. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Left footed right winger… here! we! go! …. Again

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Ironic given we’re managerless and have a rudderless* ship, not to mention leadership qualities at the very top* of the club is questionable.

(*No puns intended)

Not a jab at you or the information btw, a jab at the situation.

Edited by Matt

50 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

take it van de Beek would be a loan but seems unrealistic to me, more likely goes back to Ajax

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

I was ready an article linking us with Connor Coady. This is definitely the type we need. He's a leader and I think would be decent in the championship. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Regarding Twitter links / 'news' on things happening people posr on that platform - think around 80% is made-up?..

I think that's a very conservative estimate.