Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

19 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

after last season I am done falling for the assumption that we are just working quietly. 

There’s always noise when somethings even slightly close 

In the age of Agents, it's very rare to have smoke without fire. If we were working on something as important as a new manager, someone would have leaked it. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that we arent in talks in private, but I'd be massively surprised considering the fact if the manager is currently in work there's a lot of moving parts with backroom staff etc and there's usually leaks somewhere along the line. 

Hoefkens was touted as a potential Head Coach for OHL a while back. 

The reality is that Managing in England, is a massive differently job to managing in Belgium, even Scotland. 

6 minutes ago, Bluefoxsam said:

Just done quick research on him. Doesn’t sound that exciting tbh.

Funny that we’ve also been linked with Parker who took over from him at Club Brugge and did a far worse job. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

2 hours ago, CloudFox said:

Thanks @Sambiasso. Glad to hear we're at least kicking on with player recruitment to rebuild the squad. Not sure how I feel about Cairney, but he knows the division well, so a good experienced head to have in the team. I don't think we've had a CM over 30 for a while now. 

Very curious about the keeper. That would suggest one of the others is on their way out. I'm guessing it's not the Georgian keeper from Valencia we were linked with before sadly. Fishing in different ponds and all that.

DVDB I'm not sure about. That seems like a glamour loan like MTWG said. And they're both acronyms, so he'd know 😉.

Speaking of people who know things— @Ric Flair and @kingfox what are your thoughts on Gustav Isaksen?

Only just seen this.

Ric’s covered him pretty well.

He’s been in sensational form over the past couple of months scoring about 8 in 8, with about 5 assists mixed in. 

If we’re strongly interested I’d make the move quick, because it wouldn’t surprise me if some teams in the top five European Leagues are looking at him too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Picked up some good results in the Champions League against Atletico, Porto, and Leverkusen

Was sacked with Club Brugge in 4th and 12 points behind Genk, having been the Champions in the past 3 seasons

Final game was a 1-1 draw against Leuven

I’m not biting about any players or a manager until I see a photo of them holding a Leicester scarf/shirt … there are going to be 100 players and 50 managers linked before we actually start doing business… life is way too short 

5 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Christ no.

Just fkin announce Benitez.

We aren’t getting Potter.

The board havent the knowledge or balls to go for Knutsen. 

They don’t know who Hutter is. 

That'd be too sensible, I think Rafa is one that would want more money than we're prepared to pay, and more control than we're prepared to give, seems to me we want a cheap muppet and pray Rudkins signings take us up. All speculation of course