Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

Reading between the lines, Club Brugge seem a bit sack happy. Sacked Hoefkens, quickly appointed Parker and then sacked him within three months and are now managed by Ronny Deila who iirc stunk the place out at Celtic.

I suspect 'sacked by Club Brugge' is probably the Belgian equivalent of being sacked by Chelsea.

2 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

I’ve managed more games than that bloke has.

Going to apply. 

Yet people are lapping Maresca up.

Who's managed less games.

Nope, i'm not saying Hoefkins would be a better choice, just merely comparing opinion.

• Like 4

Guest Mee-9
4 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

not a bad manager, just wasn't suitable. it concerns me we're doing the same

I’d tend to agree. He did alright before us, but wasn’t the fit for Leicester at the time. We had a strange period of managers around then. 

Guest Mee-9
Just now, Matt said:

Yet people are lapping Maresca up.

Who's managed less games.

Nope, i'm not saying Hoefkins would be a better choice, just merely comparing opinion.

For me I think the size of the rebuild and also cutting and culling the squad and wage bill requires a trusted head.

Someone who can be ruthless and has proven it before. I’m not keen on Maresca either for it. (We need instant success, took Arteta a long while to get some form of it at Arsenal) 

Would be happy if he bought Mingolet with him, as the ‘leader’ we need in goal. Probably go some way to help keep Faes happy aswell, thus retaining a partnership of Faes and Souttar, which should be more than capable of winning the league. 

…or I might be over thinking it all 🤔

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

That's interesting. I bet Rudkin interviewed him. What's his preferred style? Does he go for youth or experience?

He played attacking football with Club Brugge, which is pretty normal if you have one of the best squads of the league.

He did an exeptional job in the Champions League by qualifiying for the round of 16 in a group with Porto, Leverkusen and Atletico Madrid. 

If he gets the job I'm 99% sure Rik De Mil will join him as the new assistent manager.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Tells us more about Hoefkins....I've never heard of him....what's his style tactics his team played?

Why did he get sacked so quickly aswell

...style if play is 3-5-2, he had Noa Lang, Tajon Buchannon ( both wingers) and also Kamal Sowah as a wide forward!!!

With their finance Club Brugge demands to be competing for the league. I have no concrete reason for his termination but a win percentage of 55% is pretty good, but I  suppose  for some not good enough.

Screenshot_20230611_194739_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2f64f7fb589680e7464207e826504869.jpg

Edited by sacreblueits442
Update.
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

That’s exactly how it would end up, almost to a tee. We’d be the XG merchants. 

But he’d probably get us up, keep us in the Premier League and leave us in a good place. And as of right now, that sounds pretty appealing. He’s also a lot more humble, which fans would appreciate. 

I thought he'd told us to go **** ourselves?

11 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...style if play is 3-5-2, he had Noa Lang, Tajon Buchannon ( both wingers) and also Kamal Sowah as a wide forward!!!

With their finance Club Brugge demands to be competing for the league. I have no concrete reason for his termination but a win percentage of 55% is pretty good, but I  suppose  for some not good enough.

Screenshot_20230611_194739_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2f64f7fb589680e7464207e826504869.jpg

55% is decent. Though after last season anything above 20% looks decent 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Just read that Belgium sports journalists thought Hoefkins was to harshly and early sacked 

Club Brugge went even worse under Scott Parker and he lasted half the games of the former before he was dismissed to.

I 100% agree with this!

Hoefkens really didn't do a bad job at Club Brugge, but a lot of his key players just underperformed in a lot of games, especially in the Belgian League.

Parker was just a disaster.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Because he offers the Pearson approach of rebuilding the structure of the club into something functional once more. 

Unless he’s bringing Dan Ashworth in with him, it’s probably not the case. He’s the one who rebuilt Brighton behind the scenes.

• Like 1

Guest Mee-9

Anyone remember him from his time at Stoke? 

My Stoke memories don’t go much further back than Delap, Sidibe, Walters and Fuller slapping us.