Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

55 minutes ago, Nickaj said:

I've never previously heard of  Hoefkens but that doesn't matter, an appointment like this would be way more exciting than for us to simply recycle one of the usual candidates from the standard managerial merry-go-round

This. Id rather have anyone other than the standard hasbeens, former decent players etc. 

11 minutes ago, Tomek said:

At this point I’ll take anyone other than Smith! 

If he gets the job, the season is a complete right off. I’d honestly take Gary Megson back before giving Smith the job.

Id take smith over 90% of the other shit wits on the list Gerrard, Lamprard, Marsh, get to **** with that lot for sure. I wil lthrow my ticke tin the bin if we get any of that lot of useless shit heads.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tomek said:

The thought of Smith getting the job has clearly caused me to have a stroke.

People should wake up and accept that we are a Championship club and no so called "elite" manager will come anywhere near us. Unless of course we bribe them with a ridiculous contract and salary a la Rodgers. A continental manager with limited experience probably wouldn't last until Christmas. We need to consolidate and Smith can do that. If and hopefully when we are in shape for a PL return we can reconsider.. Once again Never give managers long contracts , they Must be sackable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Smith is a solid 7, maybe 8 in poor lighting. The club is currently slowly walking the nightclub pint in each hand thinking, “if I can’t find anything better by the time I’ve downed these I’m going back for Smith”.

Solid strategy IMHO. 

Put some The Streets music over this and it could be Scott Parker talking.

• Like 2

To be honest twice in the Top era we've have had surprising appointments, Ranieri in 2015 and then Puel in 2017. Ranieri was considered by many as a poor appointment back then but what happened?  Maybe another left field appointment, seem to recall Puel was like 20/1 to get the Leicester job before he was named. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

7 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

To be honest twice in the Top era we've have had surprising appointments, Ranieri in 2015 and then Puel in 2017. Ranieri was considered by many as a poor appointment back then but what happened?  Maybe another left field appointment, seem to recall Puel was like 20/1 to get the Leicester job before he was named. 

To be fair they were both in the Vichai era.

1 minute ago, EastAnglianFox said:

The crazy thing is, a picture of Rodgers would wind me the fvck up even more

Not sure there's anything that winds me up more than a picture of that gormless idiot in his tracksuit. Total fraud. Rodgers clearly has some ability which I guess makes his almost-sabotage of last season even worse. 

11 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Carlos Carvalhal is leaving Celta Vigo, GERRIMIN!!!! 

Best mate is a wednesday fan so I’ve followed Carlos for years, 1000% yes from me. 
Get him Top. 

This just shows that there's alot of variables and potential opportunities opening up and we really should be patient to ensure we get the best man for the job. 

Everyone on here getting there knickers in a twist need to chill the **** out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

Gonna be a few years until we know who ****ed us more….

Taylor or Bodgers 

I made this comment some months ago, for some unknown reason a few people found it amusing.

Not sure what’s amusing about it personally.

Caught them 🎣 

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

https://www.ojogo.pt/internacional/portugueses/noticias/amp/carvalhal-livre-no-mercado-treinador-ja-e-associado-a-tres-clubes-16510496.html

Confirmed the departure of Carlos Carvalhal from the technical command of Celta de Vigo, after staying in the Spanish League, the future of the coach can return to go through British football, more specifically in Scotland, where the Celtic champion thinks about the replacement of Ange Postecoglou, who has just left for Tottenham.

Carvalhal is part of the list of potential alternatives of the Scots, being also linked to teams that this year came down from the Premier League, cases of Leicester and Leeds United.

15 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Why did he get sacked from Brugge?

Cause he was shit obviously, hence why we are linked with him cause you know Top and Rudkin have their heads up each others Arses as if they are playing Dobbin from Rentaghost.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Cause he was shit obviously, hence why we are linked with him cause you know Top and Rudkin have their heads up each others Arses as if they are playing Dobbin from Rentaghost.

Rough start to the week? 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

This just shows that there's alot of variables and potential opportunities opening up and we really should be patient to ensure we get the best man for the job. 

Everyone on here getting there knickers in a twist need to chill the **** out.

My knickers, twist em if I want.

• Haha 1

I confess I know nothing about Hoefkens, but he does sort of intrigue me.  Getting Brugge out of the group stage in the CL is kind of a big accomplishment.  At least he's not another recycled name.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Didn't he have players doing ball work on the first day back rather than fitness and a few came out and said they were knackered when they started playing games because of it.

...I  remember Andy King saying that under Pearson they were doing ball work the first day, as the plan given to every player at the end of the season had them coming back at peak fitness!!!