Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

in fairness to Hoefkins he hasn’t posted on his insta in 2 years and this was before he got a shot as a manager at brugge. 

Just a normal guy living his life, who’s passionate about fitness.  

anybody know much about his style? Are we getting sowah back 😅

doubt it, but if he bought Mignolet back over with him, I reckon that's your leader and experienced keeper boxes ticked!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

in fairness to Hoefkins he hasn’t posted on his insta in 2 years and this was before he got a shot as a manager at brugge. 

Well if h is passionate about fitness then get him in as ours were some of the worst performing playing in the league when it came down to fitness. Disgusting levels for top tier athletes. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Hoefkens has no problems adjusting his team’s shape or tactics to best match the opponent, as shown by his recent use of 3-5-2 in multiple league matches, however, he has opted to set his team up in the 4-3-3 formation in each group stage game thus far.

Brugge have had the minority share of possession in all three of their group-stage victories, but that has not been a problem, as they have scored 7 goals without conceding against three opponents originally thought to be of higher quality than them.  One of their main tactics has been to exploit space in wide areas by creating overloads using their talented wingers Kamal Sowah, Tajon Buchanan, and Andreas Skov Olsen.

2 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Hoefkens has no problems adjusting his team’s shape or tactics to best match the opponent, as shown by his recent use of 3-5-2 in multiple league matches, however, he has opted to set his team up in the 4-3-3 formation in each group stage game thus far.

Brugge have had the minority share of possession in all three of their group-stage victories, but that has not been a problem, as they have scored 7 goals without conceding against three opponents originally thought to be of higher quality than them.  One of their main tactics has been to exploit space in wide areas by creating overloads using their talented wingers Kamal Sowah, Tajon Buchanan, and Andreas Skov Olsen.

You had me at “talented wingers” 😍

seriously though, its  a little concerning that that if there success was due to ‘talented wingers’ why he would revert to no using any in the league 😂

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I sort of agree, you're right no "elitle" manager is going to come, but we are enough of a pull with our facilities and recent history to attract a good enough manager to get us back up.

We all know the club are gonna fvck this up though.

How do you define that? 

Apparently there are numerous managers who've got at least one promotion from this level, some of them several promotions and they apparently aren't good enough... which I actually think is code for exciting enough. 

• Like 2

We just need to crack on and get it done, fixtures are out soon. Preseason in a month, season starts 8 weeks.

We have no manager, no team. no idea.

Rudkin is a joke!

If you have no clue just get smith in. At least there is something to 'get behind'

The club are a joke expecting us to buy tickets etc when they can make a basic decision. 

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

How do you define that? 

Apparently there are numerous managers who've got at least one promotion from this level, some of them several promotions and they apparently aren't good enough... which I actually think is code for exciting enough. 

I honestly think some fans are confusing 'exciting' for 'no clue whether they'd even be vaguely competent at this level'.

I'm open to the idea that an unproven manager can prove himself to be good enough, but surely you need a stable infrastructure first, and interviewers who are adept at spotting that sort of thing. And I don't see how any football fan could have an idea whether someone with no track record would ever be up to the job, by the very nature of there being no track record to go on.

I certainly don't see how you could dismiss Parker, Gerrard, Pearson, Smith, Robins, Carrick out of hand, when to varying degrees they have the sort of track record you want, in favour of people who have virtually no track record at all. You can debate those you know about, but when it comes to the Prekis and the Hoefkens and the Cambiassos and the Marescas of the world, it's a huge leap of faith and little more.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

We just need to crack on and get it done, fixtures are out soon. Preseason in a month, season starts 8 weeks.

We have no manager, no team. no idea.

Rudkin is a joke!

If you have no clue just get smith in. At least there is something to 'get behind'

The club are a joke expecting us to buy tickets etc when they can make a basic decision. 

We'll likely sell the full quota of season tickets whoever is manager. 

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hoefkens has piqued my interest, Brugge were red hot in the group stages of the CL last year. He had Skov Olsen on fire.

Equally though he had them with a huge superior budget to everyone else in the league misperforming - that’s the warning sign for me with similarities to our predicament 

33 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hoefkens has piqued my interest, Brugge were red hot in the group stages of the CL last year. He had Skov Olsen on fire.

He did a cracking job with them in the Champions League, but he ended up falling out with Skov Olsen which partly led to him getting the sack.

Do it 1 year deal, option to extend upon Promotion. None of these long contracts. 

Football clubs need to operate in a performance based market. Its absolute insanity you can get a 4 year contract that has to be honoured even if you are failing.

Same on players, I get financially it makes sense but a player of a 6 year contract, what is the incentive to perform? You know there is 6 years of pay, its only players with a very very good mentality that can manage that. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Equally though he had them with a huge superior budget to everyone else in the league misperforming - that’s the warning sign for me with similarities to our predicament 

Yeah, don't get me wrong, they seemingly underperformed in the league (got worse I think when he left an'all).

They lost De Ketelaere and Lang kicked off but never got a move and was heinous for them last season in comparison to previous years. Jutgla started well under Hoefkens but then toiled, as did a few others.

I think if he interviewed well and had a plan for how to rebuild us, utilising a strong focus on young players, which is where his experience is in his previous roles then I'd be tempted over others with just as many question marks who have failures against their name.