Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

2 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I've been highly critical of the club recently, but them considering a manager who has been promoted twice recently when our task is to get promoted is far from the most ridiculous thin they would have done recently. 

It's not just about what he did at fulham (35% win rate is hardly sensational) and Bournemouth, it's the idea of having him in the hot seat for entire rebuild of a team that is currently in shatters - the guy showed he had no composure with his comments at bournemouth, and his record at brugge is surely enough to flag a 'stay away' message - it hardly seems he'll come in positive and inspiring, especially if, as it seems, the fans are already doubting him.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

We just need to crack on and get it done, fixtures are out soon. Preseason in a month, season starts 8 weeks.

We have no manager, no team. no idea.

Rudkin is a joke!

If you have no clue just get smith in. At least there is something to 'get behind'

The club are a joke expecting us to buy tickets etc when they can make a basic decision. 

Anyone else notice that the word Preseason looks a bit like.. PEARSON?

It's almost like the Gods are trying to tell us something.

5 Tips to Help You Succeed in Your New Team | adidas GamePlan A

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Do it 1 year deal, option to extend upon Promotion. None of these long contracts. 

Football clubs need to operate in a performance based market. Its absolute insanity you can get a 4 year contract that has to be honoured even if you are failing.

Same on players, I get financially it makes sense but a player of a 6 year contract, what is the incentive to perform? You know there is 6 years of pay, its only players with a very very good mentality that can manage that. 

I agree, if it is Parker then 1-2 year deal max. The issue is, he'll want longer and play us and we'll offer more. Just pointless. Much better to incentivise manager contracts.

Maresca has been interviewed

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/enzo-maresca-interviewed-leicester-city-30215075

Enzo Maresca has been interviewed by Leicester City about their vacant manager’s position as he remains second favourite for the Celtic job.

The Italian spoke to Foxes chiefs about becoming the permanent successor to Brendan Rodgers, now the overwhelming favourite for the Parkhead hotseat, at the King Power Stadium. Maresca was interviewed just hours after helping Manchester City create history as assistant to Pep Guardiola, winning the Champions League on Saturday to complete a Treble.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Do it 1 year deal, option to extend upon Promotion. None of these long contracts. 

Football clubs need to operate in a performance based market. Its absolute insanity you can get a 4 year contract that has to be honoured even if you are failing.

Same on players, I get financially it makes sense but a player of a 6 year contract, what is the incentive to perform? You know there is 6 years of pay, its only players with a very very good mentality that can manage that. 

No manager is signing that

39 minutes ago, Babylon said:

How do you define that? 

Apparently there are numerous managers who've got at least one promotion from this level, some of them several promotions and they apparently aren't good enough... which I actually think is code for exciting enough. 

Dunno, I was talking generally, but I don't turn my nose up at some of the names in this thread like others do. Parker for example, two promotions and played some decent stuff from what I saw of him in his time at Fulham and Bournemouth so it's not a stupid idea that we should be looking at home. One poor job doesn't make me turn the other way, same with Smith given his track career has been decent and always successful aside from one job at Norwich. 

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/enzo-maresca-interviewed-leicester-city-30215075

Enzo Maresca has been interviewed by Leicester City about their vacant manager’s position as he remains second favourite for the Celtic job.

The Italian spoke to Foxes chiefs about becoming the permanent successor to Brendan Rodgers, now the overwhelming favourite for the Parkhead hotseat, at the King Power Stadium. Maresca was interviewed just hours after helping Manchester City create history as assistant to Pep Guardiola, winning the Champions League on Saturday to complete a Treble.

Do you reckon he was still pissed in the interview? 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Interesting. Excellent source. 

I've been holding back slightly on piling in on Rudkin (tens, I'd not hundreds of millions lost on contracts aside!) I wanted to see how this plays out. 

This isn't my style of appointment but it does suggest the club looking for talent and not just a promotion bodge job

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I agree, if it is Parker then 1-2 year deal max. The issue is, he'll want longer and play us and we'll offer more. Just pointless. Much better to incentivise manager contracts.

Doesn't really matter - if we're not top 2 at christmas the fans will do their usual job and hound the club til he's sacked...

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Maresca is the one I'd get a bit excited about for no quantifiable reason, him having that link to Man City surely won't hurt us

Carlos Borges on loan :fc:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

No manager is signing that

Oh I don't know , football managers are often sad, ridiculous people with what amounts to a fentanyl addiction. There is always somebody who wants the job. Then of course some will say all you will get is a useless waste of time but that sums up most football managers.

Four Weeks, all we have is rumours and maybes.

How is this planning for next season. :mad:

Just Get it done so Glover can work with whoever it is and get what the New Guy wants. 

Edited by Chico1958
misspelt

8 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Interesting. Excellent source. 

I've been holding back slightly on piling in on Rudkin (tens, I'd not hundreds of millions lost on contracts aside!) I wanted to see how this plays out. 

This isn't my style of appointment but it does suggest the club looking for talent and not just a promotion bodge job

Is it genuinely an excellent source? 

Just now, Chico1958 said:

Four Weeks, all we have is rumours and maybes.

Haow is this planning for next season. :mad:

Just Get it done so Glover can work with whoever it is and get what the New Guy wants. 

I'm getting the same vibes from this process that I got last summer when were all waiting for signings that never were going to happen. By dragging this process out they're falling behind on recruitment since the new manager will want his own type of players.  They're starting to dig their own hole yet again.  Apparently no one has learned their lesson from last season.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, TeaMen Tom said:

I'm getting the same vibes from this process that I got last summer when were all waiting for signings that never were going to happen. By dragging this process out they're falling behind on recruitment since the new manager will want his own type of players.  They're starting to dig their own hole yet again.  Apparently no one has learned their lesson from last season.

Have you not read the emils from the ITK?

Glover is working on selling/buying players at the moment. The players and manager will be picked to suit the style of play of the club, not the manager dictating the style. Allow that to happen and potentially you may need to change a large part of the squad if you replace your manager.

Edited by hackneyfox
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

If true this may be what we've been waiting for so hopefully a decision will now be made one way or another and announced this week?

Appointing Marcesa makes me nervous. Yes he's had the privilege of learning from and working with Pep for a few seasons, this doesn't make him Pep. Plus the calibre of player is going to be totally different to what he's used to working with. 

The guy has had one short lived manger role which wasn't successful. I really don't get all the love for him vs Scott Parker? This is a guy who's had two promotions in 2 years in this league. Whilst I fully agree, he's not the most glamorous of appointments would seem the less risky given our current predicament with the mass exodus of players likely to go and a massive rebuild needed. 

Personally I believe we need someone who's been there and done it. Marcesa could go very wrong very quickly.  

• Like 2

I'm really warming to the idea of Maresca. Pep clearly loves him. Hoping we can rinse Man City's youth squad for loanees. 

Also doesn't hurt that he's gonna bring a bit of sexy back to the KP. He's got that baldy, beardy thing going on. 

Not a stick of Lypsyl in sight.

• Like 1