Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

7 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Surprised how much love Marseca is getting considering he has only 1 full season as Pep's assistant and his only Manager's job was 28% win rate. 

If he takes over, I will support him 100%, just not seeing why the love in, as he is a bit of an unknown, apart from 1 season under Pep and a failure at Parma. 

tbf the same thing could have been said about Kompany, by Anderlecht, by their standards he didnt do great there

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

The only thing that would make me nervous if it was to be Maresca is his lack of experience, out of the names mentioned he would be the biggest gamble.

Our squad is going to look a lot different to what it is now. 

If we get in a possession based manager then everything will depend on Martyn Glover’s recruitment, if he can find players that suit possession based football then appointing Maresca could easily end up being the right appointment.

How many reserve Man City players can we loan in ?? :fc:

2 minutes ago, kingfox said:

The only thing that would make me nervous if it was to be Maresca is his lack of experience, out of the names mentioned he would be the biggest gamble.

Our squad is going to look a lot different to what it is now. 

If we get in a possession based manager then everything will depend on Martyn Glover’s recruitment, if he can find players that suit possession based football then appointing Maresca could easily end up being the right appointment.

equally though, he’s been managing the pressure for a trebble. That experience counts for something, even if he wasn’t the main man. A playoff final would feel small in comparison, even as the main man. 

This is depressing worse then the transfer window. Everyone is linked with us but No1 wants to come to us. Honestly depressing everyday I come here for with hope that we got someone or we signed someone but nothing just nothing. The hype is dead too

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Surprised how much love Marseca is getting considering he has only 1 full season as Pep's assistant and his only Manager's job was 28% win rate. 

If he takes over, I will support him 100%, just not seeing why the love in, as he is a bit of an unknown, apart from 1 season under Pep and a failure at Parma. 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/enzo-maresca-a-traveller-a-reader-prized-by-guardiola-with-history-in-glasgow-fsmmpvkr5

Interesting read on him. Feels like the stats on paper don't tell the whole story. Definitely a gamble, but one I feel could pay off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

I’m not too sure what a lot of people are actually expecting? 

If it is Parker, he’s got the know how of getting promoted from this division which is what we need. 

Happy to give him a chance. 

I don't mind Parker. Not sure why some are so against him. Can be meh about him, but he has certainly done enough in the Championship to warrant an interview with us 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TeamRocket said:

This is depressing worse then the transfer window. Everyone is linked with us but No1 wants to come to us. Honestly depressing everyday I come here for with hope that we got someone or we signed someone but nothing just nothing. The hype is dead too

hahahaha what?!? nobody has turned us down yet. 

• Like 2

In fairness to Maresca, he's the only realistic appointment who has experience of working at a facility on the level of Seagrave. 

He's a risk, but isn't every managerial appointment a risk unless you're appointing Pep himself? I wanted Potter but he could have been an expensive disaster given he needs time for his philosophies to work. 

Maresca could easily be our Kompany. I don't know of many managers who've worked with Pep and turned out to be crap.

1 minute ago, indierich06 said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/enzo-maresca-a-traveller-a-reader-prized-by-guardiola-with-history-in-glasgow-fsmmpvkr5

Interesting read on him. Feels like the stats on paper don't tell the whole story. Definitely a gamble, but one I feel could pay off.

Tbh, I think Celtic is a better move for him. Huge club to take over and more likely than not, to win trophies in his first season. Postecoglou just got the Spurs job from doing the expected at Celtic. 

If he wants a real challenge though, then it's Leicester and trying to clear up this shitshow left by Rodgers and the Owner :sweating:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bert said:

I’m not too sure what a lot of people are actually expecting? 

If it is Parker, he’s got the know how of getting promoted from this division which is what we need. 

Happy to give him a chance. 

Everyone I know who’s worked with him says he’s a total ****. 

He has to come, purely so we can do this to the tune of Copacabana:

His name is Enzo
He came to Leicester
Won the treble with Pep in Manchester
His name is Enzo
Enzo Maresca
Winning’s his passion, he’s always in fashion
Marescaaaaaaaaaa… we are in love

Edited by indierich06
  • Like 1