Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

6 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Tbh, I think Celtic is a better move for him. Huge club to take over and more likely than not, to win trophies in his first season. Postecoglou just got the Spurs job from doing the expected at Celtic. 

If he wants a real challenge though, then it's Leicester and trying to clear up this shitshow left by Rodgers and the Owner :sweating:

A ceiling though. They could win the next five titles and not make any progress as they can't compete in Europe.

Get Leicester promoted and he could restore the club to what it was two seasons ago, he'd make himself part of the conversation to replace Guardiola or go to another big European side.

The likes of Juventus, PSG and Man City are far more likely to choose a manager who's done it in the PL than one from Scotland. Celtic can offer him a lot, but never that.

One of my biggest issues with Parker is that basically none of the Bournemouth or Fulham fans think he's any good and that despite being promoted with both. I often think fan reaction is a good barometer, and that doesn't bode well to me.

I think for me we'd be gambling on Parker to get us straight back up because he's done that before but I'm unconvinced he has anything about him in terms of actually reintroducing a club ethos and long term structure in the case we don't go straight back up - though he probably won't be here in that circumstance I guess.

I'm thoroughly whelmed if this is where we go from here. As with all managers if they come in I'll support them, but I'd honestly prefer keeping Smith even to Parker.

• Thanks 1

Parker isn't the most exciting option but has gotten two teams (of arguably worse quality) promoted from the Championship in recent years. That's what we need right now, and we can worry about his record in the Premier League if it comes to it (which it hopefully will).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Rorab said:

One of my biggest issues with Parker is that basically none of the Bournemouth or Fulham fans think he's any good and that despite being promoted with both. I often think fan reaction is a good barometer, and that doesn't bode well to me.

I think for me we'd be gambling on Parker to get us straight back up because he's done that before but I'm unconvinced he has anything about him in terms of actually reintroducing a club ethos and long term structure in the case we don't go straight back up - though he probably won't be here in that circumstance I guess.

I'm thoroughly whelmed if this is where we go from here. As with all managers if they come in I'll support them, but I'd honestly prefer keeping Smith even to Parker.

To be fair, I think fans often remember the last 10 games, much more than the previous successes. He got Fulham and Bournemouth promoted, but then tanked in the Premier League, and I suspect that is what is freshest in their mind. 

I suspect the owners are focussing heavily on his recent success of getting two promotions from the Championship. I doubt very much they are thinking more long-term than that, and how a Manager will be in the Premier League. 

However, fans opinions are often the most valuable, so certainly if there is an overwhelming dislike for Parker, and advice to avoid him, even though promotion out of the championship is what we are after, then we should take that on board. 

• Like 1

I think the other issue I have with Parker is just generally the behind the scenes aspect.

I think we need wholesale change behind the scenes, and Parker is a manager that I feel will absolutely not destabilise anything and will allow us to continue without pushing for any meaningful change in the way other managers might.

Which honestly might be why we'd be signing him over others. I just get the feeling that they see Parker as a way to keep everything the same and plug fingers in ears for another season and just hope the magic formula is found to get us back up but if not we'll just get rid and go again.

Maybe that's me being overly pessimistic, and I desperately hope whatever we do works, but to spend nearly 2 weeks and come out with Parker would be a bit gutting to me.

Edited by The_Rorab
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Parker would be a really unimaginative and uninspiring appointment. 

I agree. 

Id honestly rather have Benitez or Smith.

If it is Parker though I wanna see a coaching reset, it’s time for the likes of Stowell and Sadler to move on. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Who does Scott Parker bring with him coaching staff wise? 

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/20848154.three-members-staff-follow-scott-parker-door-afc-bournemouth/

Parker's assistant boss during his time at Cherries, and Fulham, was Matt Wells, who has too left the club.

Following the pair out the door is Rob Burch, goalkeeper coach and defensive set-pieces coach, as well as analyst Jonathan Hill.

Hopefully he would bring Burch in so it means that Stowell gets the boot

Edited by moore_94

1 minute ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Can you explain why it's a joke? He's got two promotions in two seasons in the league weve just been demoted to.

That's true but then he has failed badly in the PL and isn't our aim to be a top half club in the PL?

Edited by Sunbury Fox

4 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

To be fair, I think fans often remember the last 10 games, much more than the previous successes. He got Fulham and Bournemouth promoted, but then tanked in the Premier League, and I suspect that is what is freshest in their mind. 

I suspect the owners are focussing heavily on his recent success of getting two promotions from the Championship. I doubt very much they are thinking more long-term than that, and how a Manager will be in the Premier League. 

However, fans opinions are often the most valuable, so certainly if there is an overwhelming dislike for Parker, and advice to avoid him, even though promotion out of the championship is what we are after, then we should take that on board. 

True, but all I can think about is the disparity between for example the general perspective on Rodgers and all the previous clubs' fans who know exactly how his tenures will go.

It just feels a mistake to me to not listen to fans of clubs who have had him before and it feels stark that despite 2 promotions, neither fanbase rate him at all.

Edited by The_Rorab