Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

3 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

I’d rather we appointed Smith than Parker.

Valid point. Not sure what Parker brings that would be that different to Smith. 

I suspect the owners have already pushed Smith to the back of the queue though. 

Not exactly a sign of confidence to be taking this long and shopping around if they have faith in Smith. 

Would prefer Parker to the likes of Smith and Gerrard

Smith still has that relegation stink on him and his persistence with a Soumare and Youri double pivot annoyed me no end, also not too sure Terry would stay

Gerrard is just crap (thankfully looks like he is going Saudi)

Maresca would really be interesting and I would rate the club for going for something different but would of course come with risks of having no real managerial experience

McKenna is the one I would want above them all but not too sure if we would get him

I supposed at least with Parker he has had 2 seasons in the Championship and got promoted in both seasons with 2 different teams which is exactly what we need really so I can see exactly why the club would go for him

Edited by moore_94

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

All those asking for smith - are you ok if it’s smith and shakey without Terry ? 

Terry was an elite player , in fact one of the greatest ever English CBs and I'm not sure dealing with Championship players is for him. I have no idea why he isn't on Chelsea's coaching staff perhaps he could show Fofana how to do it properly. Smith would not need him in the second tier.

10 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Can you explain why it's a joke? He's got two promotions in two seasons in the league weve just been demoted to.

Because he’s not a fancy foreign unknown, a bit like how Tete was a shiny new exciting Brazilian nobody knew… turns out we’d have been far better off with Perez. I think that’s a problem with a lot of people…

BUT

… if you look at what the fans of the other two clubs say it doesn’t make great reading. Whilst most seem to appreciate they got promoted and that’s all that matters. They are all mostly adamant that the football was miserable, he had a massive ego and they are all glad he’s gone.

It does stink a little bit of Puel. On the face of it he did a good job with Saints, but a little bit of digging showed things weren’t all they seemed. Their fans disliked him heavily and warned of the miserable football etc.

That sort of sums up our lack of digging and just looking at a few stats on a piece of paper. Not a very thorough recruiting style.

But… if we get promoted, nobody will care and he’s shown he can do it. 

• Like 1

I'd take Parker or Maresca tbh after some of the names we've been linked with. Neither would have been my first preference but both have different attributes that could give us what we need to get back up.  We need a quick appointment now so whoever it is can start planning for the season.

If it’s Parker that would brilliant! Another manager with his own agenda at the

top of his mind and one we call hate together ffs everything about this club stinks atm. 

Edited by DezFox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

I supposed at least with Parker he has had 2 seasons in the Championship and got promoted in both seasons with 2 different teams which is exactly what we need really so I can see exactly why the club would go for him

Think this is the key and what Top is looking at, as opposed to the long-term picture of Parker as a Premier League manager.

The cost of not going back to the Premier League straight away will be huge. They have a Manager available who is 2 for 2 in for recent promotions.

He has a coaching team ready to join him (I assume) and a method that has clearly worked with two different clubs in the championship. 

Concerning that Fulham and Bournemouth fans don't rate him, but I am sure they were very happy with him in the championship seasons. 

Any new Manager is a risk, we could hire Potter and he completely bombs. Hope that if it is indeed Parker, the fans (weirdly) calling it an embarrassment, will give him more than 10 games before the vitriol starts. 

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Because he’s not a fancy foreign unknown, a bit like how Tete was a shiny new exciting Brazilian nobody knew… turns out we’d have been far better off with Perez. I think that’s a problem with a lot of people…

BUT

… if you look at what the fans of the other two clubs say it doesn’t make great reading. Whilst most seem to appreciate they got promoted and that’s all that matters. They are all mostly adamant that the football was miserable, he had a massive ego and they are all glad he’s gone.

It does stink a little bit of Puel. On the face of it he did a good job with Saints, but a little bit of digging showed things weren’t all they seemed. Their fans disliked him heavily and warned of the miserable football etc.

That sort of sums up our lack of digging and just looking at a few stats on a piece of paper. Not a very thorough recruiting style.

But… if we get promoted, nobody will care and he’s shown he can do it. 

I think sometimes a Puel is needed. No question he ran his course and we needed to get rid, but he served a purpose. If Parker gets us promoted, he's served his purpose. 

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

Said it before but go for Daniel Farke. Same amount of promotions and a likeable bloke to boot.

I think the failings at Norwich were largely as a result of shit recruitment and director-level incompetence so it's match made in heaven.

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

miles better than parker.  Weird that we have no interest in him at all. 

Funny that people's main criticism of Parker is he can't hack it in the prem, but Farke got Norwich relegated(by miles) twice and yet is somehow a better option? I think people underestimate just how good an achievement it is to get two promotions in two years with two different clubs.

• Like 2