Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

As much as i understand the '2 promotions' argument,  i think the thing we can't overlook is that we are a club in disarray and entirely devoid of confidence in the team and, crucially, the board - what is desperately needed rather than some arbitrary track record is a manager that can revitalise the remaining players and the fans, so to bring in a manager that has been fired from his last two jobs hardly screams 'wave of positivity'

This is what he said last season:

"I feel sorry for the fans, I feel sorry for the players, to be honest with you, because at the moment we are just a bit underequipped at this level from where we have come from," he said, before adding:

"It doesn’t surprise me. This is currently where it is at this moment in time. The players need help. Today proved too big a challenge. The levels were far too big.

"At times we couldn’t bear it, the intensity. We’ve got a decision to make as a club. There will be days like this. Time will tell. It's a huge disappointment, a real humbling experience.

"I’m gutted for the players. It’s my job and it will be the defining of us as a group of how we bounce back from this.

"We have some days where hopefully we can get some help in and support and help the current team who came up from the Championship.

"There’s loads of work to be done. The experience today, you never want to be on the end of this. This is currently where are are. If this is the group we’re going with we’ll react and see where are."

What kind of man is he that he feels this is positive?  it's basically just paraphrasing what rodgers said to start all the shit last year - surely the club can see that, regardless of track record (and there are other managers with a EFL promotion on their CV), this man is not going to come in and win over the fans.  If they go for Parker the message the board will send out will be one of negativity, cheapness and a lack of ambition and, again, a lack of understanding what the fans want and need.

37 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/20848154.three-members-staff-follow-scott-parker-door-afc-bournemouth/

Parker's assistant boss during his time at Cherries, and Fulham, was Matt Wells, who has too left the club.

Following the pair out the door is Rob Burch, goalkeeper coach and defensive set-pieces coach, as well as analyst Jonathan Hill.

Hopefully he would bring Burch in so it means that Stowell gets the boot

Matt Wells is Ryan Mason's Acting Assistant Manager at Spurs - but of course that's only for 2 more weeks - Postcacoglu is coming in with his Coaching team on 1 July.

I agree that Burch must be an upgrade  on Stowell - but can't see him going after all these years. Instead of Burch, one possibility though to get rid of Stowell, is if Kasp is coming back. Sambiasso's suggestion that a 'new' keeper could be coming in, could tie up with Nice getting rid of KS - and him coming back as first choice keeper AND Goalkeeping Coach?!

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Said it time and time again, Glover isnt going to wait until someone comes in. They will be making inquirie and getting moving on transfers no matter what. 

Surely Glover will need to know the type of football the New Guy will want to play. So even he will have to wait until the Managers through the door. Unless he's got an amazing Cryystal Ball of course.

Considering Parker is unemployed, you'd suspect he'd have been appointed by now if all parties were keen. 

The length of time the recruitment is taking suggests to me it's either someone currently in a job or who needs some persuasion.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

What kind of man is he that he feels this is positive?  it's basically just paraphrasing what rodgers said to start all the shit last year - surely the club can see that, regardless of track record (and there are other managers with a EFL promotion on their CV), this man is not going to come in and win over the fans.  If they go for Parker the message the board will send out will be one of negativity, cheapness and a lack of ambition and, again, a lack of understanding what the fans want and need.

Who do you want out of those out there and available? 

1 minute ago, Sir Shep said:

The larger the number, the more depressing this thread becomes. Is it really that bad that we are scraping the bottom of the barrel, we are Leicester city for crying out loud. 

Reality check time, we are in the 2nd tier mate - so yes, it is the barrel bottom we see before us

3 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Considering Parker is unemployed, you'd suspect he'd have been appointed by now if all parties were keen. 

The length of time the recruitment is taking suggests to me it's either someone currently in a job or who needs some persuasion.

Yes. Also this claim that it’s a done deal will be announced ‘in the coming days’. Why wait if it’s done?

• Like 1