Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Which is why we are screwed. I would put money on the fact that what is needed hasn't even been discussed yet properly with Top. The attitude will have been 'lets just through this and see where we are'. On the 29th May, I would love to be a fly on the wall in the boardroom when they start their 2024 season plans. That's assuming many of them haven't booked a holiday.

I have no reason to believe Rudkin is going anywhere.

You may well be correct and that is fcuking depressing 

This is the biggest concern for me, forget about players they’ll come but we need someone to get us up asap. Forget about all these pasted name and people who have never got promotion that can’t happen. Experience the biggest factor 

Don't understand our boards obsession with ex Swansea managers. 

Sousa, Rodgers and Martin (apparently).

Don't be surprised to see an approach for Steve Cooper come the end of the season. Not that I'm advocating it.

2 minutes ago, F T Fagos said:

Don't be surprised to see an approach for Steve Cooper come the end of the season. Not that I'm advocating it.

Now that will be ambitious 😂

7 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

This is the biggest concern for me, forget about players they’ll come but we need someone to get us up asap. Forget about all these pasted name and people who have never got promotion that can’t happen. Experience the biggest factor 

...I  do not believe that is the case and unfortunately, it will be much the same as how the people at the top of the club are thinking!!!

It is short term thinking,  what happens when this experienced manager takes us up via the play offs and is tactically bereft in the Premier League.  We change all over again, new manager, new style of play, new staff and a new culture.

If we do not sit down and determine what we want, how to achieve it and a timeline to complete it, we are asking for more of the same.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. he has done a good job, but it seems with the names being suggested, that we have given up, and we are carrying the same mentality of " little ole Leicester."

Not sure it’s this as much as realising the mess we are in and wanting the right type of person next.

We need someone that offers the traits we are missing such as being hard to beat, more physical and preferably keep a fit and health squad!

Not saying Rowett but in general. For example, and not realistic in terms of with us going down, but let’s say you threw money at someone like Mourinho to come. Would be seen as ambitious but ultimately would be a car crash of a move. 

45 minutes ago, F T Fagos said:

Will probably approach Michael Laudrup as well

4 minutes ago, lfu said:

Will probably approach Michael Laudrup as well

...wasn't Matinez there just before Rodgers!!!

He had assembled a team which was playing good football, but were failing to achieve with the talent that they had (not much has changed then).

Rodgers is a bit if a cuckoo,  he finds just the right nest to snuggle in but is incapable of maintaining the nest. Eventually it all starts to fall apart and he has to find somewhere else to live.

A very warm and snuggly nest that I can see will be Crystal Palace, it has all the mod cons that he needs. There is a bigger nest at Chelsea, the current occupants keeps on forgetting where they have built it, and has a tendency not to come home, it is a big risk to take it over, one day some Eagle eyed family member might just remember where it is.

2 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Michael Duff is our man, ticks a lot boxes with sorting the culture off the field and getting us playing on the field. Come on Leicester, just do it.

We did a talk with him when I worked on FM and he came across really well.

But then so did Rodgers, so who knows.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ricey said:

We did a talk with him when I worked on FM and he came across really well.

But then so did Rodgers, so who knows.

I have connections with Barnsley and the talk is he’s pure class. He’s completely turned the club around, drives standards and has done it all on a very small budget 

• Like 1

On 19/05/2023 at 06:17, Claudio Fannieri said:

Another left field suggestion and maybe a risk but in a similar mould to Carrick, wonder if the club would consider Ryan Mason, worked under Poch as a coach and has done well when asked to step in as caretaker Manager. 

Is young, has fresh ideas, is building a good reputation and will have decent contacts when it comes to recruiting promising young talent on loan. 

Your joking aren't you 🤔

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Supergray22 said:

The effort, aggression, togetherness and passion shown by Luton in that second leg was very impressive. I’m not sure how much of that is just down to the current manager but it is something I’d like to see at our club asap. 

Edwards did pretty well at Forest Green Rovers! I saw Watford thrash Luton 4-0 early in the season playing with passion and belief. Rob Edwards was the manager. (Just to note he had only been in charge 10 league games when sacked - it had seemed Watford were looking for a fresh start in their managerial appointments when he was appointed before start of season -they were higher in table than their finish at end - and had it not not been for a late equaliser by Sunderland would have been in top 6 (or one point below, I can't remember).) . 

I don't know if he's been mentioned before but a real left field appointment worth considering is Milner. 

Being released by Liverpool this Summer. I know there's reports of him going to Brighton but I think if we moved quick we could possibily nab him.

He's a fantasic pro and a credit to himself and the game. Has won almost everything and clearly has a winners mentality.

We could take him as a player Manager for another season, Using all of his experience on the Field instead of  from the touchline.

Something we need badly, a Leader on the Field.

We coulg give him a 2 or 3 year Contract which wouldn't be any more expensive than many of the other names mentioned.

It could be a disaster, though I doubt it, or it could be an inspired appointment.

2 minutes ago, Yuki! said:

Patrick Vieira could do well I think 

Mate, he is ****ing wank. Palace couldn’t beat their own meat under him, even if Anne Hathaway was lay naked on a bed…. A 70 year old who stinks of piss has done a better job in ten games than he did in his entire tenure. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Mate, he is ****ing wank. Palace couldn’t beat their own meat under him, even if Anne Hathaway was lay naked on a bed…. A 70 year old who stinks of piss has done a better job in ten games than he did in his entire tenure. 

Shall I put you down as a maybe?

• Haha 1