Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

Just now, ARM1968 said:

Ooh. Get you. Reading the opinions of fans from his other clubs is hardly reading the future is it?  Tell me, how has he done in the premier league? Or his appointment abroad?  Hmm

You do you mate. If you think Parker is the road to success we’ll fill her boots. He isn’t. 

Yeah as I've said a million times, two promotions with two different clubs in the championship is no mean achievement, it can't be underestimated. He wasn't great in the prem, but we aren't in the prem right now, it's simple as that. Who is to say he can't succeed there aswell. Marco Silva had failed several times but found his feet at Fulham. We have just been relegated we aren't going to be employing a world beater. Everyone is a gamble, why not just get behind who ever is chosen instead of moaning on.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Planet are you on? How is one miles ahead of the other? 

They are similar but Parker edges it as he’s done it with two different clubs. 

Farke has since had a HUGE opportunity at a very established Bundesliga side with the 5th biggest budget and failed. 

one where we are allowed footballing opinions? 

One plays turgid football and got promoted once despite not being the better team and once because the already assembled team was too good for the league. 

The other built a team and a culture and played beautiful football. Albeit not a style that suited the prem as the players weren’t good enough to get away with it. 

Id be 100% confident in farke… Parker i’m probably at a 33% 

7 minutes ago, Yuki! said:

Pretty sure these are the shortest RVN’s odds have been?🇳🇱

CD84AD27-7FD1-4A4B-98E0-DDEEC62427C1.jpeg

5 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

RVN will do.

Saw this from an article covering his departure. What was the problems, does anyone know?

PSV confirmed on Wednesday that Van Nistelrooy had left following discussions with the club's management after it was reported that several players made complaints about his style of coaching and tactics.

If true, Parker is exactly the uninspiring choice of manager I was expecting them at the top to make. 

They didn't really want to get rid of Rodgers, or go away from Rodgers ball.  Parker is basically a poundstretcher Rodgers, but with even less personality.  His football is also as dull as dishwater.

Edited by smudger63

2 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Same reply to you. Manager for a season?  Get fecked. We need to show some balls and ambition. Anyone, and I mean ANYONE backing such a limp appointment, is a moron. 

Who would you like out of those realistic/available out there?

Curious, as it's often easy to bash names, but pointless if you don't put anyone forward yourself.

11 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

Managerial equivalent of Beans on Toast

At least with beans on toast you get the entertainment afterwards.

This just stinks of shit without all of the fun noises.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Same reply to you. Manager for a season?  Get fecked. We need to show some balls and ambition. Anyone, and I mean ANYONE backing such a limp appointment, is a moron. 

I think we know who the moron is

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, weller54 said:

I agree.. Some on here need to get a reality check... We're a Championship Club!! 

I don't mind so much, if they actually put a name forward themselves and not hide behind 'I don’t run the fecking club.' 

The situation we are in now, means that there will never be a universally popular choice. 

The OTT reactions to some of the names on the list, are quite laughable though. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

If true, Parker is exactly the uninspiring choice of manager I was expecting them at the top to make. 

They didn't really want to get rid of Rodgers, or go away from Rodgers ball.  Parker is basically a poundstretcher Rodgers, but with even less personality.  His football is also as dull as dishwater.

Blimey I can’t disagree with anything there  - this clubs gone to shit

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Yeah as I've said a million times, two promotions with two different clubs in the championship is no mean achievement, it can't be underestimated. He wasn't great in the prem, but we aren't in the prem right now, it's simple as that. Who is to say he can't succeed there aswell. Marco Silva had failed several times but found his feet at Fulham. We have just been relegated we aren't going to be employing a world beater. Everyone is a gamble, why not just get behind who ever is chosen instead of moaning on.

Moron :ph34r:

The bit I don’t get is how a load of random LCFC Twitter wannabe ITK’s have found out it’s Parker and yet not one mainstream journalist has reported, alluded to it or even hinted this would be the appointment 

I have a feeling it will be someone else and this has been ‘leaked’ as a cover. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

As far as I can tell, the only sources for the Parker rumour are Sean from Enderby and Leicester Fan TV, which probably got it from Sean from Enderby. No credible sources are reporting it. Is that right, or have I missed something?

That’s correct.

• Thanks 1

I find it pretty pathetic that it’s apparently taken us over 2 weeks to appoint a manager who is  such an obvious choice. 
Those suggesting who could we get whose better - Hutter, Garcia, Diego Martinez, and Van Nistelrooy to name but a few. I’ll admit we might struggle to get them but at least give it a go. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

That seems to be a common view among both Fulham and Bournemouth fans,

Not heard about this but then I have never given much attention to Parker, Fulham or Bournemouth. 

What are their many aggrievances with him? Style of football? Signings? Falling out with players? Press conferences? 

Always important to listen to fans, as so few would believe us about the full extent of Rodgers. 

• Like 1

Just now, winteriscoming said:

I find it pretty pathetic that it’s apparently taken us over 2 weeks to appoint a manager who is  such an obvious choice. 
Those suggesting who could we get whose better - Hutter, Garcia, Diego Martinez, and Van Nistelrooy to name but a few. I’ll admit we might struggle to get them but at least give it a go. 

Maybe that is why we have taken 2 weeks. Contacted a number of these on your list but didn't even get past a first phone call. It does happen that way sometimes. 

Leicester Fan Tv rumour apparently stems from them being aware of photos of Parker being taken at the club. Those who run the page don’t have insider knowledge, maybe a connection with someone who does. Whether it was him or not it would be hopefully mean we’re not to far from an appointment being made, although if true I’d have expected some on here to be sharing the knowledge of photos being done as with some previous signings. As always Im taking it with a massive pinch of salt, really don’t think we will know who until the club does an official announcement.

5 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

The bit I don’t get is how a load of random LCFC Twitter wannabe ITK’s have found out it’s Parker and yet not one mainstream journalist has reported, alluded to it or even hinted this would be the appointment 

I have a feeling it will be someone else and this has been ‘leaked’ as a cover. 

I love the idea that the club are leaking this to the global voice of the fans. Only Sean can get the word out to create a smokescreen. 

28 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

I didn't say I want hoefkens but whoever is appointed, his dress sense and hair style won't really interest me.

I never said anything about his hair style or dress sense though.