Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

I'm not certain as to what point you're trying to make here....

Parker got his team promoted to the Premier League, therefore, gratitude for that achievement perhaps? 

Interested to hear what the issues are with Fulham and Bournemouth fans on Parker. 

It is the norm to dislike previous Managers that have failed and been sacked, but this could go deeper and have more meaning, considering he had 2 big successes with both 

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Parker got his team promoted to the Premier League, therefore, gratitude for that achievement perhaps? 

Interested to hear what the issues are with Fulham and Bournemouth fans on Parker. 

It is the norm to dislike previous Managers that have failed and been sacked, but this could go deeper and have more meaning, considering he had 2 big successes with both 

I’ll ask tomorrow and try and get a bit more detail.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I'm not certain as to what point you're trying to make here....

They wouldn’t be in the premier league without Scott Parker. So why does he hate him?

Everyone on here hates Rodger’s, but we wouldn’t have won the fa cup without Rodger’s. It’s fickle fans who can’t see past the ending of someone’s managerial career with their club. The way some people speak about Rodger’s you would think he spent 5 years here with us sat 15-17th before getting us relegated, but in reality under Rodger’s, we had out best seasons, bar one very special season. 

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Brendan Rodgers won is an FA cup, A community shield, got us to a European semi final and two 5th place finishes and I can't stand the man. 

We are football fans. Logic doesn't come into the equation. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I find it pretty pathetic that it’s apparently taken us over 2 weeks to appoint a manager who is  such an obvious choice. 
Those suggesting who could we get whose better - Hutter, Garcia, Diego Martinez, and Van Nistelrooy to name but a few. I’ll admit we might struggle to get them but at least give it a go. 

I don’t see why all of those foreign names are automatically better than Smith or Parker who have multiple promotions between them? 

I’m not saying they wouldn’t be good, but how do you they are ‘better’ when there’s no evidence to support this in England? 

Surely if Parker has got promoted twice with different teams then he’s got experience and form at getting teams back into the top flight! 

if the plan is the get back into the Premiership then he’s got the credentials.

If this was the business world and we were appointing a CEO with proven results the board would be wise to appoint him. 

it’s the end result that counts not having some swanky pants trendy manager at the helm. 

Sack him once we’re up! Jobs a good’un

Edited by Mr.Bingles
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, teblin said:

In the late fee hours Parker’s odds came in and have lengthened.

enzo maresca Odds have lengthened but he’s still 2nd. 

RVN and OGS odds have come in as have nunos 

In other words, the bookies have just as much of a clue as all of us :P

1 minute ago, Mr.Bingles said:

Surely if Parker has got promoted twice with different teams then he’s got experience and form at getting teams back into the top flight! 

if the plan is the get back into the Premiership then he’s got the credentials.

If this was the business world and we were appointing a CEO with proven results the board would be wise to appoint him. 

it’s the end result that counts not having some swanky pants trendy manager at the helm. 

Logic 🥱

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, StinckleyFox said:

They wouldn’t be in the premier league without Scott Parker. So why does he hate him?

Everyone on here hates Rodger’s, but we wouldn’t have won the fa cup without Rodger’s. It’s fickle fans who can’t see past the ending of someone’s managerial career with their club. The way some people speak about Rodger’s you would think he spent 5 years here with us sat 15-17th before getting us relegated, but in reality under Rodger’s, we had out best seasons, bar one very special season. 

No one knows we could have won the champions league without him. 

1 hour ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Even Parker is ahead of Farke. 

How? Farke has won the division twice, Parker finished 2nd and won a play-off. Is it the seven more points he managed in the Premier League when spending a significant amount more?

I don't particularly want either man but, even in this limited pool, we could do better than Parker.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If it was close and its Parker then the likes of Percy will report it soon. I'm not convinced we're that close yet to an appointment, but hopefully within the next few days.

You'd think so, right? Percy would be on it if it's a UK-based name. If it's not, journalists from their respective country/club's country are likely to break it first.

I think the Parker link might be a lazy one. May end up becoming true, but at the moment it just feels like an "obvious fit" to the wider footballing media. He's won 2 promotions + Leicester need to get promoted back ASAP = Parker to be recruited to get Leicester promoted.

That feels too straightforward to me. And if that was the case, he'd be in place by now.

Edited by CloudFox

7 minutes ago, StinckleyFox said:

You have all the ingredients there to cook up your own answer....

It ended badly....

Football fans are fickle....

Mix them together with some salt and a pinch of pepper and you have the answer to why they don't like him. 

I'm assuming you're not new to football so it's fans being emotional and reactionary shouldn't be new information. 

Just now, Scotch said:

You have all the ingredients there to cook up your own answer....

It ended badly....

Football fans are fickle....

Mix them together with some salt and a pinch of pepper and you have the answer to why they don't like him. 

I'm assuming you're not new to football so it's fans being emotional and reactionary shouldn't be new information. 

I get that and that’s why I don’t think fans of his prior clubs opinions should sway any decisions made by the board. 

If he turns out to be awful with us then it will be unfortunate, but on paper he is realistically one of the better options we have to get back to the premier league at the first attempt.

29 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

I think we know who the moron is

Rudders? I mean I am on FT aren’t I?  People seriously suggesting Parker?  Like those seriously suggesting we build a team just to get out of the Championship?  Honestly. It’s insanity. Be careful what you wish for. 

22 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Not heard about this but then I have never given much attention to Parker, Fulham or Bournemouth. 

What are their many aggrievances with him? Style of football? Signings? Falling out with players? Press conferences? 

Always important to listen to fans, as so few would believe us about the full extent of Rodgers. 

A Bournemouth fan told me their promotion season with Parker was one his least enjoyable as a fan (he’s been following them for more than forty years). He described the football as ‘rancid’. And this is from a pretty phlegmatic bloke who isn’t known to exaggerate…

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Brendan Rodgers won is an FA cup, A community shield, got us to a European semi final and two 5th place finishes and I can't stand the man. 

We are football fans. Logic doesn't come into the equation. 

He joyrided our previous good management to brief success. Then he abandoned what made us successful and crashed the club. There's logic.

• Like 1