Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

2 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

It’s almost impossible. You’ve got drips saying, well Parker got two clubs promoted. Others saying build a team just to get out the Championship.  It’s beyond stupid now and it appears to have infected some of those on here who are usually a little more intelligent.  The Titanic took longer to sink than the level of ambition shown by some here. 

Seriously wind you neck in, if I'm a drip god knows what you are. Condemn whoever the new manager is before they've been appointed all you like, but as someone has alluded to already who are the names you are putting forward if you're such an expert. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I think short term, your maybe right. He is one of the better options as far as achieving our first goal.

Is he one of the better options as far as building a squad, getting us to the prem and progressing back to European contention? Prob not. 

Probably not no, but then again, people change, tactics change, playing styles change. In football especially you can’t really base someone’s future on their past performances. So many times players and managers have been brought in as superstars and crumbled, many times players and managers have been scolded and then turned in to world beaters. 

Xhaka was hated and mocked by arsenal fans for a long time and a lot of them wanted arteta out. Last season Xhaka was incredible and arteta is now loved by all.

Just now, FoxyJim1987 said:

Seriously wind you neck in, if I'm a drip god knows what you are. Condemn whoever the new manager is before they've been appointed all you like, but as someone has alluded to already who are the names you are putting forward if you're such an expert. 

Expert kn*bhead 🫡

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

If it’s Parker the atmosphere will be toxic for next season, and you’d expect mass Rudkin out protests - for his sake you’d hope Parker hits the ground running, his time in Belgium was a complete and utter embarrassment 

Ha. Not a chance. This season has more than taught me that.

9 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Anybody else finding it difficult to give a shit?

For a couple of seasons I think our fanbase in general has been apathetic and struggling to have any passion or feeling for it all, the hope what had ensued would be a catalyst for change, it seems like nothing has or is changing - That is reason to be angered.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

In all seriousness this is rancid. I was starting to get optimistic, but now that’s dashed. Being linked to the likes of Tom Cairney…… and getting this prised Pratt in as a manager. 

Nice one. 

So people a favour then and go and support someone else. Cairney is a fine championship player, and didn't look too shabby running rings round us a few weeks ago. Can't believe how.many moaners we have.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

I wish for promotion. This guy has a track record of promotion. I'm not championing Parker nor anyone else really, who ever it is I will support them and not moan before they've even be appointed. 

Yes, quite the stance.  Well done.  It’s shortsighted at best, but we’re all allowed our opinions. Yours is that you will support Parker. Mine is that Parker is a shite and uninspiring appointment. 

Just now, ARM1968 said:

Yes, quite the stance.  Well done.  It’s shortsighted at best, but we’re all allowed our opinions. Yours is that you will support Parker. Mine is that Parker is a shite and uninspiring appointment. 

Yeah opinions usually differ on here, I just can't get behind judging someone before he's even appointed. 

Just now, FoxyJim1987 said:

Yeah opinions usually differ on here, I just can't get behind judging someone before he's even appointed. 

We can judge him on the opinions of fans from other clubs and his record. We don’t exist in a vacuum. 

4 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

So people a favour then and go and support someone else. Cairney is a fine championship player, and didn't look too shabby running rings round us a few weeks ago. Can't believe how.many moaners we have.

I can’t believe how many happy clappers we have around here.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

I'm worried looking through the the Bournemouth forum there's not much love lost for Parker.....they were happy to see the back of him. Major criticism is that the team played boring football and Parker likes to settle for 1 nil wins and like Brendan goes all defensive 

They still scored more goals than all but 1 other team in the Championship in 21/22 when they got promoted

Scored 4 - 1 time

Scored 3 - 9 times

Scored 2 - 15 times

Scored 1 - 13 times

Scored 0 - 8 times

Scored 2 or more more often than they scored 1 or not at all

• Like 2