Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

1 minute ago, Wymsey said:

It'll be interesting to know how much contact Rudkin, Top and Whelan have with one another in managing the club..

2 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Supposedly not a lot wasn't it when Smith got the gig?

Didn't an ITK/someone claim those three were conducting interviews and contacting different people without talking to each other after sacking Rodgers?

Wouldn't surprise me if they'd all offered 3 different managers the job.

3 minutes ago, StinckleyFox said:

Happy clappers 😂 

Are the fans not supposed to support their club, manager, players etc?

Can’t fans moan when they see the club nose diving into the abyss and uninspiring managers are being linked?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

They still scored more goals than all but 1 other team in the Championship in 21/22 when they got promoted

Scored 4 - 1 time

Scored 3 - 9 times

Scored 2 - 15 times

Scored 1 - 13 times

Scored 0 - 8 times

Scored 2 or more more often than they scored 1 or not at all

Nope - I’d rather believe the anecdotal stuff than your damn facts ……

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Buzzell said:

Can’t fans moan when they see the club nose diving into the abyss and uninspiring managers are being linked?

You’d be allowed to moan if we were appointing an untested manager in the championship with no experience or success. However it’s a bit pathetic to moan at the club for potentially appointing a manager who has had 2 prior promotions with teams who were in a similar position. I believe Fulham had just been relegated when he came in and got them promoted.

you can’t seriously expect us to go out and hire an elite manager in the situation we are in. And every other manager being suggested by people, ie RVN, maresca, farke is no better than Scott Parker. Yet for some reason there is about 10 of you on here who are absolutely delirious at the fact that the board could appoint someone like Parker and yet think appointing one of the others would be an incredible coup for the club. It’s pathetic.

• Like 4

Just now, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

I’m really hoping this is like when ‘it’s definitely Gerrard’ 

I’ll be so depressed if it’s Parker, why we wouldn’t go for McKenna over Parker is staggering if true 

It’s notable that Gerrard, Parker and Smith all had one thing on common… all were out of contract meaning no release clause to pay. Notice how that was exactly the same case for Jesse Marsch?

We’ll be paying out a ton for Rodgers even though he’s long gone.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

I’m really hoping this is like when ‘it’s definitely Gerrard’ 

I’ll be so depressed if it’s Parker, why we wouldn’t go for McKenna over Parker is staggering if true 

Surprised McKenna has gone completely off the radar.  Thought he was nailed on to be interviewed.

• Like 1

Find me another manager with two recent promotions, you absolutely can’t underestimate that as an achievement, The Championship is a horrendous league to get out of.

I don’t care what happened once he got to the Prem, it’s so vital we go up next season to get back on track. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

It’s notable that Gerrard, Parker and Smith all had one thing on common… all were out of contract meaning no release clause to pay. Notice how that was exactly the same case for Jesse Marsch?

We’ll be paying out a ton for Rodgers even though he’s long gone.  

I’m going to take a punt on saying that Rodgers negotiated a deal whereby he didn’t take what he was entitled to but he got it paid up front in return 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nobbyburton said:

Find me another manager with two recent promotions, you absolutely can’t underestimate that as an achievement, The Championship is a horrendous league to get out of.

I don’t care what happened once he got to the Prem, it’s so vital we go up next season to get back on track. 

Two recent promotions followed by two sackings in one season which you have to care about. No thanks 

1 hour ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Leicester Fan Tv rumour apparently stems from them being aware of photos of Parker being taken at the club. Those who run the page don’t have insider knowledge, maybe a connection with someone who does. Whether it was him or not it would be hopefully mean we’re not to far from an appointment being made, although if true I’d have expected some on here to be sharing the knowledge of photos being done as with some previous signings. As always Im taking it with a massive pinch of salt, really don’t think we will know who until the club does an official announcement.

It was probably a cardigan wearing tourist with brill in his hair having a selfie in front of the shop, the sort you get on a match day.

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck

3 minutes ago, Nobbyburton said:

I think with the Bournemouth one he took over mid season and made a good job of trying to bottle it?

1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Just worried looking through the Bournemouth forum..... there's no love for him and now that he's Leicester no.1 target, they reckon he's just another Brendan.

Rodgers without the ego?

interesting

rodgers of the first two seasons is ok by me - it’s the moaning, whining etc fella of year four which was was the problem 

Parker has proven at Fulham and Bournemouth that he doesn’t have the technical levels required for the prem - but he has shown to be capable in the championship and  that’s where we are 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I think with the Bournemouth one he took over mid season and made a good job of trying to bottle it?

Nah he was in charge for the full season in the Championship with Bournemouth

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1