Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

11 minutes ago, StinckleyFox said:

You’d be allowed to moan if we were appointing an untested manager in the championship with no experience or success. However it’s a bit pathetic to moan at the club for potentially appointing a manager who has had 2 prior promotions with teams who were in a similar position. I believe Fulham had just been relegated when he came in and got them promoted.

you can’t seriously expect us to go out and hire an elite manager in the situation we are in. And every other manager being suggested by people, ie RVN, maresca, farke is no better than Scott Parker. Yet for some reason there is about 10 of you on here who are absolutely delirious at the fact that the board could appoint someone like Parker and yet think appointing one of the others would be an incredible coup for the club. It’s pathetic.

We’re allowed to moan at whoever the club bring in and whatever the club do. Doesn’t matter what said manager has done in the past. It’s all opinion based, that’s what this place is about. I think Parker is a shit appointment and I agree there isn’t a lot out there so he’s probably the best of a bad bunch but I don’t have a good feeling about him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buzzell said:

We’re allowed to moan at whoever the club bring in and whatever the club do. Doesn’t matter what said manager has done in the past. It’s all opinion based, that’s what this place is about. I think Parker is a shit appointment and I agree there isn’t a lot out there so he’s probably the best of a bad bunch but I don’t have a good feeling about him.

So instead of getting behind the team and cheering for them let’s bash the manager and boo him, create a horrible atmosphere around the club and ensure that we sink further 🫠

• Like 1

2 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Who do you want out of those out there and available? 

Available is a tricky word - if they really want someone, or feel that they have to go all out to get someone then it feels like someone like Mckenna would make sense - someone that can come in with a winning mentality that shows the club want to reassert our position in the heirarchly rather than just settling for 'available'.  Is Maresca available, was BR available when we got him from celtic.  Personally, i wouldn't mind Viera, FWIW.

20 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Speaking out when you’re not satisfied is support. Support isn’t eternally positive, standing on the terraces shouting “we love you Leicester” doesn’t always equal good support. 

It’s perfectly reasonable to be annoyed with how this club has slid into the wilderness, when it didn’t need to. 

So no, I’m not satisfied and I will support my club by being transparent and airing my true thoughts. 

Absolutely usually at our most negative low states as humans is when we think, I don't want this anymore something has to change. I'm more of the Mark Manson thought process that negative emotions drive us more than positive ones.

15 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Just worried looking through the Bournemouth forum..... there's no love for him and now that he's Leicester no.1 target, they reckon he's just another Brendan.

8" taller version to be fair. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, StinckleyFox said:

So instead of getting behind the team and cheering for them let’s bash the manager and boo him, create a horrible atmosphere around the club and ensure that we sink further 🫠

I never said anything about not getting behind the team or booing them though so now you’re talking nonsense. I don’t like the candidates that seem likely to take over. Plus I’m not sure Top has the bollocks to get us out of this mess. There’s a reason we’re sinking.

Edited by Buzzell
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I really hope we don’t get Scott Parker 

1.Because I don’t want Scott Parker

2. To out the army of itk wannabes who are now firmly aboard the bandwagon 

Sometimes it’s about making the right appointment at the right time and right now all that matters is promotion not long term strategy.

If it is Parker then so be it, at least his track record of bringing teams back up to the prem is decent. I will back him and judge him solely on results and performances at Leicester. 

I still am not convinced he will be appointed as I am sure if he was so nailed on it would have started to be reported by some media outlets. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

Saw this from an article covering his departure. What was the problems, does anyone know?

PSV confirmed on Wednesday that Van Nistelrooy had left following discussions with the club's management after it was reported that several players made complaints about his style of coaching and tactics.

That’s not really the truth from my understanding. RvN wasn’t happy with the support from the hierarchy. They sold Gakpo and Madueke in Jan but didn’t give him the funds to replace them. I think they then disagreed on summer transfer plans so he walked.

If Rudkin pulls off RvN I’ll be seriously impressed. All won’t be forgiven but it’ll be a step in the right direction. Progressive manager with pedigree and vast coaching experience.

• Like 1

One thing about Scott Parker is he is a born leader, no doubt about that.

We have lacked leadership massively.

The man knows the league, we need someone who will put confidence into this squad again. 

I feel he might be the right man for this moment.

Let's back him and give him a chance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If Bournemouth and Fulham fans hate Parker but he got them up, I'd definitely take that as our outcome. Get us up at the first time of asking and then - hopefully - be a bit more critical in our first season back up so if it looks like we're going to be in a battle, sack him and hire whoever that season's Emery or Lopetegui is going to be.

8 minutes ago, Buzzell said:

I never said anything about not getting behind the team or booing them though so now you’re taking nonsense. I don’t like the candidates that seem likely to take over. Plus I’m not sure Top has the bollocks to get us out of this mess. There’s a reason we’re sinking.

You also said nothing about getting behind the team 🤷🏼‍♂️

I want to be excited to watch us next season but Parker doesn’t excite me one bit. It’s one of the many reasons why I like Mckenna because of the attacking style of football he plays, Parker is just so.. meh. The Fulham and Bournemouth fans hating him as well despite him getting them up says a lot. I feel it would turn sour sour very quickly if we started to lose a few games under him.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, StinckleyFox said:

You also said nothing about getting behind the team 🤷🏼‍♂️

We’re taking about my opinion on Parker, not the team. If Parker gets the job then so be it. I’ll get behind him but my opinion will still stand. I hope he proves me wrong.

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

How would Luke Thomas know? The club don't sound out or tip off players at the training ground, let alone whilst on Holiday

if players are expressing a desire to leave then they will want to know who will be our  next manager before making a final decision on their future.

Edited by MPH

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

if players are expressing a desire to leave then they will want to know who will be our  next manager before making a final decision on their future.

Fair point. But how would that conversation go? And who’s is the conversation between?