Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

26 minutes ago, StinckleyFox said:

So instead of getting behind the team and cheering for them let’s bash the manager and boo him, create a horrible atmosphere around the club and ensure that we sink further 🫠

Who is even suggesting that?  Is it not ok to think a manager is shit and not particularly want him at your club?  Haven’t seen anyone say slag him off during the season and create a horrible atmosphere. That’s bollocks. Parker is an insipid, uninspiring and fairly pointless appointment - IF he is appointed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

Who is even suggesting that?  Is it not ok to think a manager is shit and not particularly want him at your club?  Haven’t seen anyone say slag him off during the season and create a horrible atmosphere. That’s bollocks. Parker is an insipid, uninspiring and fairly pointless appointment - IF he is appointed. 

Shit and not what you want at your club? He has been promoted 2 out of the last 2 seasons he's managed in the championship. On paper he's exactly who we want at the club. 

What exactly are you hoping the club archives this comming season btw? 

3 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Not sure why some people feel we have to be positive about every managerial appointment we make. Just because many aren't happy if Parker gets it, doesn't mean we will be booing at the first game of the season. It is OK to be against an appointment but still get behind the club and hope for the best until it gets to a point where Parker/Insert new manager here, looks like they won't meet the objectives, which is immediate return to the premier league. This happy clap mentality is what's played a part in our downfall. Maybe if some of the happy clappers had actually been more vocal along with the other fans in calling for Rodgers to go, he may have been sacked earlier and we may have stayed up. All ifs and maybes of course but this narrative that supporting the club always has to be positive is just wrong. 

exactly this. Far too many seem to be happy to just go along with the club and assume they’ve got it right again, just like we were with smith. 

Perfectly fine to not believe in the direction the clubs going or this decision. 

To me it’s a lazy one and doesn’t scream of an ambitious club trying to rebuild. Just an easy decision based on very little research. 

He should be adored at both fulham and bournemouth, but he’s not.. that paints a very worrisome picture. It probably all points towards him eventually failing pretty hard and that may well fall on us. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Shit and not what you want at your club? He has been promoted 2 out of the last 2 seasons he's managed in the championship. On paper he's exactly who we want at the club. 

What exactly are you hoping the club archives this comming season btw? 

Archiving Rudders would be a good start!! 

14 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

If Bournemouth and Fulham fans hate Parker but he got them up, I'd definitely take that as our outcome. Get us up at the first time of asking and then - hopefully - be a bit more critical in our first season back up so if it looks like we're going to be in a battle, sack him and hire whoever that season's Emery or Lopetegui is going to be.

Fulham fans hate him because he relegated them TWICE. Bournemouth fans hate him because he was clearly going to get them relegated. He mouthed off about Bournemouth’s players like Rodgers at Leicester, then a rookie manager stepped up and got the same players playing good football. O’Neill brought back Billing who had been marginalised by Parker and the rest is history. Parker is a lazy manager merry-go-round appointment that I now expect these days from a clueless Rudkin if I’m being honest. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, funkyrobot said:

Fulham fans hate him because he relegated them TWICE. Bournemouth fans hate him because he was clearly going to get them relegated. He mouthed off about Bournemouth’s players like Rodgers at Leicester, then a rookie manager stepped up and got the same players playing good football. O’Neill brought back Billing who had been marginalised by Parker and the rest is history. Parker is a lazy manager merry-go-round appointment that I now expect these days from a clueless Rudkin if I’m being honest. 

Fair points well made. I just kind of think he may be the pragmatic appointment to get us up who we can then bin off at the first sign of trouble.

It's not the ideal approach of course. Maresca would be a bit more of a risky appointment but also more exciting.

6 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Fair point. But how would that conversation go? And who’s is the conversation between?

"Hi Jon. It's Harry Souttar. I really need some certainty about my future because I'm I've had a chat with Boro and they seem really ambitious. Any idea who the new gaffer's gonna be yet?"

Rudders "Looking like Scott Parker, if not the guy from Brugge was giving me the chat the other. He seems lovely"

"Nice one, I'm off to the Riverside"

• Haha 1