Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

4 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

David Moyes rumored to be leaving West Ham , no doubt our board will try and convince him to join us.

I wouldn’t be too disappointed if we did turn to Moyes. Would be a good safe pair of hands to navigate us through the Championship if we go down and would be an experienced and proven Manager for a couple of seasons in the Premier League 

4 minutes ago, Stinky said:

I don't think that would be awful in our predicament, as unimaginative as it would be 

We could certainly do a lot worse.

Always quite liked Moyes tbh, though wouldn’t be my first choice, I’d put a fair amount of wedge on him being a better option that who we actually get!

8 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

David Moyes rumored to be leaving West Ham , no doubt our board will try and convince him to join us.

I can't see him taking the job, He'll just wait for the 1st Premier League manager to be sacked next season surely?

3 minutes ago, beepee1984 said:

I can't see him taking the job, He'll just wait for the 1st Premier League manager to be sacked next season surely?

Would there not be something more attractive about being given a blank slate to build your own team rather than being recruited mid-season to sort out somebody else’s mess? I know we’re all down on the club at the moment, but I suspect the job will be tempting for a lot of candidates. 

• Like 1

As much as I’d like a young and up and coming manager, due to our situation from the top down I really wouldn’t be against…

Rudkin out - Walsh in

pearson

shakespeare

Rennie

What we don’t have is time.

as mentioned by others in other threads, recruiting a new dof is a long process, then getting them to identify what direction we are going in and getting who they want etc.

the above would be a relatively quick fix to steady the ship.

we know what the above can offer, and we could get it all in place quite quickly.

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Would there not be something more attractive about being given a blank slate to build your own team rather than being recruited mid-season to sort out somebody else’s mess? I know we’re all down on the club at the moment, but I suspect the job will be tempting for a lot of candidates. 

Yes it will be tempting to many, but I doubt Moyes. Moyes has not managed in the Championship since 2002. Taking on someone else's mess doesn't tarnish your reputation if it fails - i.e Sunderland.

Whoever takes the job is likely to have a tricky job with a lot of pressure to succeed. We will be expected to bounce straight back up, so the best you can do is match expectations (unless we completely dominate the league), any slow starts or anytime we are not in the top 2 - they are likely to come under pressure from the Media as failing such a "big" club.

We are in a prime position to ruin a Managers career or give someone a big break?

2 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

We need a new board before any rebuild can begin; otherwise they will keep making comical decisions that see us down to League One and inevitable administration.

...pretty much we need the DoF position sorted!!!

Khun Top is not exactly having a vote of confidence from his mother, he needs to show much more leadership than he has right now.

The problem for him following a father with a big personality,  will be his mother expecting him to show the same will and ruthlessness in his business dealings. He is not a person who likes the attention and seek to stay in the background, in his capacity as chairman of LCFC he now has to stand up and be brave in any decisions that he chooses to take.

The saying go big or go home, could not be more apt. He needs to trust his instinct and sell this club to one of a very good list of overseas managers. I would say his first gamble was to tie Rodgers down to a long term contract, a win win you would have thought, he needs to start believing again and go big, we will not move forward by doing anything on the cheap, not in solving a problem for someone for this position.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...pretty much we need the DoF position sorted!!!

Khun Top is not exactly having a vote of confidence from his mother, he needs to show much more leadership than he has right now.

The problem for him following a father with a big personality,  will be his mother expecting him to show the same will and ruthlessness in his business dealings. He is not a person who likes the attention and seek to stay in the background, in his capacity as chairman of LCFC he now has to stand up and be brave in any decisions that he chooses to take.

The saying go big or go home, could not be more apt. He needs to trust his instinct and sell this club to one of a very good list of overseas managers. I would say his first gamble was to tie Rodgers down to a long term contract, a win win you would have thought, he needs to start believing again and go big, we will not move forward by doing anything on the cheap, not in solving a problem for someone for this position.

Yes, we are a poisoned chalice for any new manager worth his salt as long as the Top down management is so bad.

Short-term I can't understand why Steve Walsh isn't in a boardroom level position. That would be a step back towards good footballing decisions.

Top's heart is in the right place, albeit that this has probably come too soon for him, however, if he gets the correct right-hand man he could still be a great champion of the club. He is currently in the position the Glazers were in for years with Ed Woodward as their right hand man. All this whilst Rodgers has purged the club of any footballing minds that might have posed a threat to his ego so it's no wonder really that we are where we are.

• Like 1

The club needs a complete clear out  .. not just the players .... this mentality we have now runs through the entire club and the very last thing we need is a doom and gloom ... oh dear we lost again never mind attitude ... total refresh nothing less ... to many in a comfortable position being highly paid with the fans money 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

Yes, we are a poisoned chalice for any new manager worth his salt as long as the Top down management is so bad.

Short-term I can't understand why Steve Walsh isn't in a boardroom level position. That would be a step back towards good footballing decisions.

Top's heart is in the right place, albeit that this has probably come too soon for him, however, if he gets the correct right-hand man he could still be a great champion of the club. He is currently in the position the Glazers were in for years with Ed Woodward as their right hand man. All this whilst Rodgers has purged the club of any footballing minds that might have posed a threat to his ego so it's no wonder really that we are where we are.

I’ve met Steve Walsh a few times. He’s not board material trust me 😂

oh shit that Steve Walsh. Yeah he’s sound

Edited by mod hero
Being a disabled
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mod hero said:

I’ve met Steve Walsh a few times. He’s not board material trust me 😂

Haha! I'm not saying give him the reigns, but he's got the footballing and in depth club knowledge required and has done excellent in previous positions for us.

At this point we are just desperate for someone who understands football, let alone the club.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

Walsh did very well for us at the time he was here, why did he do so badly as DoF at Everton, they hated him there and hold him responsible for a lot of their mess.

Just now, splinterdream said:

Walsh did very well for us at the time he was here, why did he do so badly as DoF at Everton, they hated him there and hold him responsible for a lot of their mess.

No idea, to be honest, but Everton were a mess way before he got there. Probably just not the right club for him on top of that. Leicester is his home though.