Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

16 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Been away for a moment, and it seems like it’s defo Parker according to posts on here.

So am I right to assume that is not case at all?  :D

Correct. All I could find were “twitter ITKs” saying it. Nobody reputable.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Buzzell said:

Who is it then Rob?

I dunno, I'm not itk, but neither are any of the sources saying it is. 

So I thought I'd try to add a little balance so the wet wipes in here can chill the **** out a little. 

I thought relegation was depressing, but reading some of the drivel in here is near on suicidal. And it's all Ove Sean from ****ing enderby talking shit, like he always does. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Fulham fans hate him because he relegated them TWICE. Bournemouth fans hate him because he was clearly going to get them relegated. He mouthed off about Bournemouth’s players like Rodgers at Leicester, then a rookie manager stepped up and got the same players playing good football. O’Neill brought back Billing who had been marginalised by Parker and the rest is history. Parker is a lazy manager merry-go-round appointment that I now expect these days from a clueless Rudkin if I’m being honest. 

That new man spent what £70m, and saying he got them relegated twice is like saying Smith got is relegated isn’t it. 

Can we stop with the spin. 

Just now, RobHawk said:

So I thought I'd try to add a little balance so the wet wipes in here can chill the **** out a little. 

I thought relegation was depressing, but reading some of the drivel in here is near on suicidal. And it's all Ove Sean from ****ing enderby talking shit, like he always does. 

Misery loves company it seems.  

1 minute ago, RobHawk said:

It’s Scott Parker isn’t it?

10 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

canadian odds:

OGS racing up 😭😭😭 Wasn’t on the list last time i checked, same with nuno 

82B06EFF-F2D7-4312-AD2D-35F3C751EA6E.jpeg

Saw nuno had odds had dropped, would be a brilliant appointment but can’t see it.

5 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

And to add, I'm sure even our proxy board and DOF felt uncomfortable when Rogers was calling them out and slating the team. An idiot could see that's a recipe for disaster. Do you really think they would go for parker after what happened at Bournemouth, especially after O'Neill kept them up

5 hours ago, superfox1980 said:

Appointing Marcesa makes me nervous. Yes he's had the privilege of learning from and working with Pep for a few seasons, this doesn't make him Pep. Plus the calibre of player is going to be totally different to what he's used to working with. 

The guy has had one short lived manger role which wasn't successful. I really don't get all the love for him vs Scott Parker? This is a guy who's had two promotions in 2 years in this league. Whilst I fully agree, he's not the most glamorous of appointments would seem the less risky given our current predicament with the mass exodus of players likely to go and a massive rebuild needed. 

Personally I believe we need someone who's been there and done it. Marcesa could go very wrong very quickly.  

...that is very true, it will be a gamble if we choose to go down this route!!!

The problem with Parker is he gives off Brendan Rodgers vibes, watching him and listening to him gives the feeling of someone telling you what you want to hear and what you see is not what you get.

I would be happy if we stayed clear.

1 minute ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Parker’s premier league record is terrible. I would be fuming with this appointment, so fed up of this club. 

I’m very very wary of him based on what I’ve read from their fans, but we aren’t in the premier league.

People can’t so “oh well he had one of the best squads in the championship” and use that as a stick to beat him, whilst also slating him for achieving nothing in the premier league with some of the worst squads in the league.

28 minutes ago, Jono1604 said:

I dont know what some of you people are whinging at Parkers got both Fulham and Bournemouth promoted to the Premier just once is some feat means he knows what he is doing getting Bournemouth promoted was even more impressive with little or no backing give the guy a break!

So have Warnock, Allardyce, McCarthy, Hughton, Bruce, Dyche*, Holloway(!) to name but a few.

Fancy any of them? Thought not.

(*Dyche not available anyway - but many would and have turned their nose up)

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Guest Mee-9

From what I’ve heard…

All i’m going to say is.

’Who do you think you are kidding Mr….’ 🚨🚨🚨

40 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Fulham fans hate him because he relegated them TWICE. Bournemouth fans hate him because he was clearly going to get them relegated. He mouthed off about Bournemouth’s players like Rodgers at Leicester, then a rookie manager stepped up and got the same players playing good football. O’Neill brought back Billing who had been marginalised by Parker and the rest is history. Parker is a lazy manager merry-go-round appointment that I now expect these days from a clueless Rudkin if I’m being honest. 

If there are any Fulham fans putting that first relegation on Parker where he got put in charge with 10 games left then they are incredibly thick seeing as they were 10 points from safety and 6 of their remaining games were against top half sides including Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, us, Everton, and Wolves. No manager would have kept them up.

Saying that he had marginalised Billing is also incredibly OTT - he started 37 of the 40 Chamionship games he was available for in 21/22, and of the 5 games Parker was in charge for in 22/23 he started 3 of them, then of the other 2 he was subbed on at half time in one, and subbed on at 60 minutes in the other.

I am not defending him on the other relegation with Fulham and what else went on with him at Bournemouth but that other stuff isn't true at all (or possibly says more about the IQ of Fulham fans)

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I'd rather microwave someone else's shit and eat it with my bare hands than watch us unveil Nuno or Solskjaer 

Mate, you can’t put these in the same bracket! Ones a very good successful manager, the other is no longer at the wheel

3 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

From what I’ve heard…

All i’m going to say is.

’Who do you think you are kidding Mr….’ 🚨🚨🚨

Interesting...

1 minute ago, RedSoxUK said:

Parker 

Mate....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

It’s notable that Gerrard, Parker and Smith all had one thing on common… all were out of contract meaning no release clause to pay. Notice how that was exactly the same case for Jesse Marsch?

We’ll be paying out a ton for Rodgers even though he’s long gone.  

Yeah, I get that but it’s risk assessment. 

It’s not as black and white as ‘we don’t have to pay anything now’ if they’re trash and need sacking, then we have to potentially pay them out of contact and either find somebody out of work again or pay a different club at that stage. 

I know somebody out of work can be a success but I just can’t see any of them 3 lasting more than 12 months so I personally don’t think it works out cheaper. I do see what you’re saying though as it’s evident we have decided to get somebody out of work. With that being said, Potter was allegedly our first choice and no way his contract that would have been offered alone costs less than paying McKenna out of Ipswich and his contract, so the budget must be there.

• Like 1