Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

7 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I'd rather microwave someone else's shit and eat it with my bare hands than watch us unveil Nuno or Solskjaer 

I have today produced a rather fine specimen that I’m willing to have couriered to you 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I want a real horrible honest bastard in charge. Some angry ****er 

Has Rudders taken this too literally? :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

From what I’ve heard…

All i’m going to say is.

’Who do you think you are kidding Mr….’ 🚨🚨🚨

• Haha 4

If it Parker, who would by no means be my first choice, let's look at the positives. He's been promoted out of this league twice, he knows the English game and maybe learnt a lesson or two from his brief stint in Belgium.

Let's at least support the bloke rather than it being one of those doomed from the start managers like Rafa at Everton.

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

On what basis (but don't reference the bad jobs). Dull as sin football and currently managing on holiday. No thanks!

He’s got a great win percentage, at some really big clubs, won a couple of leagues. Lost very few games compared to getting results. Not bad ‘jobs’, only one bad job, Spurs

1 hour ago, StinckleyFox said:

So instead of getting behind the team and cheering for them let’s bash the manager and boo him, create a horrible atmosphere around the club and ensure that we sink further 🫠

We’re not at a game. We’re in a football forum, discussing football. It’s kinda what it’s for

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

canadian odds:

OGS racing up 😭😭😭 Wasn’t on the list last time i checked, same with nuno 

82B06EFF-F2D7-4312-AD2D-35F3C751EA6E.jpeg

They suspended betting on Marsch a few weeks ago and look what happened there. These people know nothing.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Babylon said:

That new man spent what £70m, and saying he got them relegated twice is like saying Smith got is relegated isn’t it. 

Can we stop with the spin. 

Spin works both ways! O’Neill didn’t spend £70m until the January window. He was in charge from September and managed an upturn in the team performance straightaway. Parker had managed Bournemouth to a 9-0 loss and the threw his players and the owners under the bus like Rodgers did. It’s not spin to say Parker is unpopular with Bournemouth fans, Fulham fans and with Brugge fans and he was only there for 12 games. That should tell you something. 

• Like 1

If it's Parker I'm fine with the whole Championship part of it. I used to really like him, but he's been so poor at anywhere but this level. This could change, of course. 

What I had hoped was that we would be able to recruit a manager who had the potential to get us promoted and then grow with us as we re-establish ourselves in the Premier League.

Someone like McKenna could be perfect in this respect, but an appointment of Parker would seem to be so short-sighted.

I've seen people say that we could bin him off upon promotion, but they must have been watching something else for the past few years - there is absolutely no chance we would do that.

• Like 2

Guest Mee-9
3 minutes ago, F T Fagos said:

Great choice. Storm the league, then conquer Europe.....

Blitzkrieg our way on the Eastern Front of Norwich and Ipswich, launch an Offensive in the North against Middlesborough and Sunderland, fire through Operation Market Harborough, smashing defensive lines. 

2 hours ago, StinckleyFox said:

Is that Claude puels good management that he was joyriding on?

Financing, academy usage, scouting, physios, culture were put in place by Pearson and Vichai. Puel did a minor but important role: the transition from an ageing counter attacking team to a young possession team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

He’s got a great win percentage, at some really big clubs, won a couple of leagues. Lost very few games compared to getting results. Not bad ‘jobs’, only one bad job, Spurs

Not including his current job, he's been sacked / parted by mutual consent from four out of five. Valencia turned sour, a 55% win rate at Porto is actually.... not great at all? That's a bad job, doesn't exactly scream belting success to me. Did well at Wolves (aided by the Mendes links) but by the time he left they were the dullest club in the division. Just a no thank you from me at all.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Blitzkrieg our way on the Eastern Front of Norwich and Ipswich, launch an Offensive in the North against Middlesborough and Sunderland, fire through Operation Market Harborough, smashing defensive lines. 

Just watch out when we get to Tottenham. 

• Haha 1