Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

I’m pro-Hütter but every manager looks good in a coaches voice video. Cherrypicking an explanation of the set up behind a famous win is always going to paint coaches flatteringly.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

I’m pro-Hütter but every manager looks good in a coaches voice video. Cherrypicking an explanation of the set up behind a famous win is always going to paint coaches flatteringly.

I'm not sure you can find one of Scot Parker tbh 🤣

• Haha 1

Just listened to The When You’re Smiling podcast and surprised to hear that Pipes would be quite excited by the appointment of Parker. This after the Bournemouth fan had described him as defensive and responsible for nullifying the Bournemouth attack during the promotion season.🤷🏻‍♂️😢

2 hours ago, Jaspa said:

We compete with them, we're in the same division as them. We'll probably lose to them fairly soon. As Nigel Pearson once said, Delusions of Grandeur. You have to accept reality.

I gave you the reality. Swansea is in no way on par with us in any way shape or form. just because we are going to play in the same league as them does not make us equals. Did you ever think we were the equal of Man city last season just because we were in the prem? No of course not. As for Confucious Pearson, he also equated a press reporter with an Ostrich. Hardley someone to champion eh ?

2 hours ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

I gave you the reality. Swansea is in no way on par with us in any way shape or form. just because we are going to play in the same league as them does not make us equals. Did you ever think we were the equal of Man city last season just because we were in the prem? No of course not. As for Confucious Pearson, he also equated a press reporter with an Ostrich. Hardley someone to champion eh ?

Nobody knows the reality right now, we don’t have a manager yet and have no idea what the squad will look like. 

And Nigel Pearson calling a reporter an ostrich wasn’t that big of a deal at all. Managers like Klopp do plenty worse to reporters and referees. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

We can judge him on the opinions of fans from other clubs and his record. We don’t exist in a vacuum. 

That still doesn't mean he won't succeed here or be popular here. Do you just judge everything on what's already happened?

8 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Spin works both ways! O’Neill didn’t spend £70m until the January window. He was in charge from September and managed an upturn in the team performance straightaway. Parker had managed Bournemouth to a 9-0 loss and the threw his players and the owners under the bus like Rodgers did. It’s not spin to say Parker is unpopular with Bournemouth fans, Fulham fans and with Brugge fans and he was only there for 12 games. That should tell you something. 

More spin… “an upturn of results” and what three teams did Parker lose against compared to the teams O’Neill then played? And him being given that money to spend sort of proves Parker’s point doesn’t it? Even the new man wanted better.

I’m well aware of what they say, which is why I’ve said I’m very very wary of him. If people don’t want him, fine. But spinning stuff to create a case against isn’t really fair. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Just listened to The When You’re Smiling podcast and surprised to hear that Pipes would be quite excited by the appointment of Parker. This after the Bournemouth fan had described him as defensive and responsible for nullifying the Bournemouth attack during the promotion season.🤷🏻‍♂️😢

“Nullified the Bournmouth” attack to the second highest number of goals in the league. They hardly got promoted on the back of just a good defence.

• Like 3

Still not a sniff of an appointment or that the job is Parker’s from any mainstream journalist source. I would not be surprised if there is an announcement in the next 24/4i8 hours but the rest just appears to be some sad sacks on social media throwing a load of darts in the hope one lands and they can be lauded as some sort of ITK. 

Edited by Claudio Fannieri

7 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

We will be next year unless we have a terrible season. Then what? He’d be clearly out of his depth 

Far from certain and anyway, we need someone who can get us there, and finally, we can boot him out when we do

Not sure how we can expect players to commit to stay or come in to the club when the board continues to dither over a manager. 

Players have already seen the club procrastinating with Rodgers for months on end, and the moment that we failed to take 3 points at Newcastle should have been a trigger to draw up a shortlist of potential candidates as a plan B with Deano as plan A had we survived. 

God help us if Rudkin is heading this up after marking his own homework with Whelan in the 'review'.

Imo I think there just getting round to interviewing the last of the candidates I.e. Maresca and Hoefkens.

Now read they're approaching Mckenna.

No credible source can suggest who's the favourite.

If its Parker then so be it, personally I'd rather go Hutter or Mckenna.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Scotch said:

Has anyone else noticed that a LOT of the names we've been linked with play a similair formation? Carl Hoekens, Kieran McKenna, Adi Hutter, Maresca, even Parker.... all tend to favour 3421 or have done at one point. 

There was some discussion about transfer targets being lined up by Glover/Rudkin or whoever. Is it possible, we've targeted players for a particular system and are going after managers who know how to get the best from that formation or am I looking into it too far? 

That assumes a certain level of competence…

• Like 3

Guest lcfc80
9 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

canadian odds:

OGS racing up 😭😭😭 Wasn’t on the list last time i checked, same with nuno 

82B06EFF-F2D7-4312-AD2D-35F3C751EA6E.jpeg

This needs to be completely ignored. The only bookie that had a market has pulled it and these are just recreational punters trying to nick a few quid on the betfair exchange, and still only £24k matched so the whole market has no liquidity. I reckon we could all quickly make anyone a huge favourite on there, I'll try and get mr tumble on there