Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

“Nullified the Bournmouth” attack to the second highest number of goals in the league. They hardly got promoted on the back of just a good defence.

Listen to the podcast. From a Bournemouth fan’s mouth.

More spin… “an upturn of results” and what three teams did Parker lose against compared to the teams O’Neill then played? And him being given that money to spend sort of proves Parker’s point doesn’t it? Even the new man wanted better.

I’m well aware of what they say, which is why I’ve said I’m very very wary of him. If people don’t want him, fine. But spinning stuff to create a case against isn’t really fair. 

More spin… “an upturn of results” and what three teams did Parker lose against compared to the teams O’Neill then played? And him being given that money to spend sort of proves Parker’s point doesn’t it? Even the new man wanted better.

I’m well aware of what they say, which is why I’ve said I’m very very wary of him. If people don’t want him, fine. But spinning stuff to create a case against isn’t really fair. 

Him being relegated after after a full season at Fulham and then leaving under mutual consent is not spin. Having a breakdown in his relationship with the owners of both Bournemouth and Fulham is not spin. Him throwing the players under the bus at Bournemouth is not spin. Him being sacked by Bournemouth after getting smashed 9-0 by Liverpool after dropping his best midfielder to the bench is not spin. Him being sacked after only 12 games at Brugge  is not spin. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Listen to the podcast. From a Bournemouth fan’s mouth.

I heard it too, and he also said that under Parker they would go one up and he would park the bus.  I think the point being made by Babylon is basically the stats show differently.  He Certainly isn't a manager I would have gone for, and if he is the one, I will be underwhelmed but not surprised, but whoever gets the gig  there are no guarantees, as fans we just have to hope for the best.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Him being relegated after after a full season at Fulham and then leaving under mutual consent is not spin. Having a breakdown in his relationship with the owners of both Bournemouth and Fulham is not spin. Him throwing the players under the bus at Bournemouth is not spin. Him being sacked by Bournemouth after getting smashed 9-0 by Liverpool after dropping his best midfielder to the bench is not spin. Him being sacked after only 12 games at Brugge  is not spin. 

Well it is a bit of spin isn’t it… were people expecting Fulham to stay up? Or did they have one of the worst squads in the league. 

33 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

My source is on holiday so for the next 6 nights I'm not in the know. 

If I hear anything I'll say,  but doesn't seem like an overly credible source has said anything. 

Where's he gone on holiday? There must be a Leicester fan he can speak to while he's there... 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

I heard it too, and he also said that under Parker they would go one up and he would park the bus.  I think the point being made by Babylon is basically the stats show differently.  He Certainly isn't a manager I would have gone for, and if he is the one, I will be underwhelmed but not surprised, but whoever gets the gig  there are no guarantees, as fans we just have to hope for the best.

I just worry that this is the most important point in recent history, get it wrong and it could end in championship meh for years again, or even worse. Get it right and we can get back the prem and stabilise again. I just don't trust Parker for that rebuild and being underwhelmed/meh isn't going to cut it. Parker has got teams promoted, granted, but his attitude in the end of Bournemouth should be a red flag, surely?

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

given that one bookie suspended betting on Parker last night and two bookies at least (Betfred and betfair) have taken City off teh manager specials I suspect Parker will be announced in next 24-48 hrs. BR looks to be going to Celtic but unsure what happened with Enzo. 

5 minutes ago, Burmesefox said:

given that one bookie suspended betting on Parker last night and two bookies at least (Betfred and betfair) have taken City off teh manager specials I suspect Parker will be announced in next 24-48 hrs. BR looks to be going to Celtic but unsure what happened with Enzo. 

I just think if it was Parker, why the long delay? There’s not really that much to sort out. I think it could be that we are waiting for someone 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I just think if it was Parker, why the long delay? There’s not really that much to sort out. I think it could be that we are waiting for someone 

As somebody else half-jokingly suggested, maybe they’re waiting until 5pm tomorrow to avoid negatively affecting season ticket renewals? 

Or alternatively, somebody at the club is winding Sean from Enderby up…

Edited by ClaphamFox

15 minutes ago, Fozdog said:

Have you watched the club over the last 18 months? We don’t do anything quickly. We even made getting relegated a long drawn out affair. 

Exactly and it doesn't fill me with any confidence at all. It feels like the club are still sleep walking now assuming that they are too good to stay down.

Lessons have definitely not been learned and I imagine we are in for a long hard season.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Burmesefox said:

Really not worth looking at bookies odds, a couple of people put any sort of money down and they fluctuate and panic.

If two people have believed a tweet they have seen and places £100 plus bets, then the bookies panic and close the market until they can work out what’s going on.

Their odds just show where the money is coming from - pre social media they may have been more reliable, as only those actually in the know could bet big, but now I’d take it with a pinch of salt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LVFox said:

I go to bed and it's Parker, wake up and it's Hutter.

Anything actually happened or we just all focused conversation on one person again?

State of play:

Daily Record say we’ve interviewed Maresca and he’s keen. 
Wannabe ITKs on Twitter say it’s Parker

One Foxestalk poster suggested it’s Hutter. 

I'm just praying for Adi Hütter! Him and Kieran McKenna are the only two links I've been excited about. Either one of those will get me looking forward to seeing what kind of squad they build and what type of football they play. 

Interestingly, both play similair styles and formations that would require a LOT of of work in getting the squad to suit them. For example, both play with a no.9 that can hold the ball up, link play and act as a sort of target man (although not necessarily dominant in the air.) That maybe suits Nacho but definately not Vardy or Daka. They both play with two no.10's. After Maddison goes, we don't have any, in the senior squad anyway. 

So although, either one of them is exciting, it's also daunting at how much work is going to have to go into that squad. 

• Like 1

To be fair to our shit show of a board...

Southampton still haven't announced Martin.

Leeds don't have a manager.

Palace in the PL also don't have a manager.

For Championship perspective, a few of those moves in pre season last season happened in this week and years gone by also.

Kompany - Burnley - June 14th

Tomasson - Blackburn - June 14th

Ismael - WBA - June 24th

Bilic - WBA - June 13th

Woodgate - Middlesbrough - June 14th

Some happen in May and some in the last week of June / start of August. We should start to see it this week.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Well it is a bit of spin isn’t it… were people expecting Fulham to stay up? Or did they have one of the worst squads in the league. 

Isn’t that spin too? If I suggested that O’Neill kept up one of the worst squads in the League you’d call that spin. If I suggested that Forest stayed up with a poor squad, that Fulham finished well above where they should with that squad you’d say spin. It seems any suggestions that Parker is an underwhelming appointment by me is classed as spin. Any positive comments about him aren’t. 

45 minutes ago, Burmesefox said:

Poor old Enzo will have to stay at Man City, watch them dominate England and Europe and coach some of the best players in the world. I feel for the poor chap, I really do