Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

13 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

No idea, to be honest, but Everton were a mess way before he got there. Probably just not the right club for him on top of that. Leicester is his home though. 

Didn’t the next DofF Marcel Brands say the owner interfered with which players came in? Maybe not all Walsh’s fault.

We should look at who is the best DofF outside the top 6 and see if we can convince them with a pay increase to sort us out.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JimmyC74 said:

Didn’t the next DofF Marcel Brands say the owner interfered with which players came in? Maybe not all Walsh’s fault.

We should look at who is the best DofF outside the top 6 and see if we can convince them with a pay increase to sort us out.

Yea, like I say, I wouldn't disqualify Walsh on the state of Everton as that far precedes him. 

I doubt the DofF of well ran non-top 6 clubs like Brighton, Brentford, etc would entertain our calls at the minute, but obviously that would be ideal.

• Like 1

Agreed - wasn’t there reports that Spuds were taking the Brentford DofF - but that shouldn’t stop us sounding some of these guys out.

We need to be ambitious and get the best possible candidate - there is a massive job to do here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

Agreed - wasn’t there reports that Spuds were taking the Brentford DofF - but that shouldn’t stop us sounding some of these guys out.

We need to be ambitious and get the best possible candidate - there is a massive job to do here.

True.

I fear the job maybe too massive once we're in the Championship with all of our best players gone and no money due to the deadwood we couldn't flog on near Champions League wages though.

1 hour ago, mod hero said:

Are you being serious?

...why not shoot for the moon, short term safety first measures are not going to get us anywhere!!!

At least make the enquiry, lay out your vision and see if he buys into it. 

We paid Rodgers about £10m a season, we are never going to offer that amount again, but a £5m a year contract and the ability to rebuild (literally putting together his own team) would be something a manager would consider.

Need to ask the manager who comes in about who THEY want as DoF too. We need a team element to the whole thing. Pearson's time here worked because everyone pulled in the same direction.

Right now, I'd be interviewing Darren Moore, Rob Edwards, Cooper (if sacked) and Smith because he's had a defacto pre-season.

2 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Need to ask the manager who comes in about who THEY want as DoF too. We need a team element to the whole thing. Pearson's time here worked because everyone pulled in the same direction.

Right now, I'd be interviewing Darren Moore, Rob Edwards, Cooper (if sacked) and Smith because he's had a defacto pre-season.

Not Smith. 

• Like 3

You should go for Rafa Benitez and he should have been appointed instead of Smith.

His time at Everton was always going to be a problem for him as the Everton fans were never going to take to a former Liverpool manager and that was known as soon as he was linked to them. I'm going to contradict myself here, I don't know why he took the job at the same time as understanding why he did.

He was always going to be one defeat away from the crowd turning and that was proven to be the case. Everton started the season under him very well and won a number of games in a row and they were near the top of the league, and then they lost a game. One loss and he had the bile directed towards him from a few fans and they seemed to poison the others who then joined in.

I understand why he took it because he will have seen potential if he could win over the detractors.

Rafa turned up at Newcastle on the morning and the players had a day off, he phoned them all in that afternoon and had them training because he’ll have noticed that the players were totally unfit. He was never going to keep us (Newcastle) up as we were virtually relegated and had accepted our fate. He turned the players around and we ended the season by hammering Spurs at home, we would have stayed up if we’d appointed him a month earlier because the improvements were clear to see after a few weeks of his training.

He'll also want to build solid foundations at your club and will get involved in everything, he also doesn’t suffer fools and will go head to head with anybody at your club if they’re not pulling their weight, including directors and owners.

He would be a brilliant choice, a choice you could and should get behind if you get the chance, he’s also a winner if given a fair chance. He loves his family but Leicester would be his priority, the man is class and so is the manager.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, splinterdream said:

Walsh did very well for us at the time he was here, why did he do so badly as DoF at Everton, they hated him there and hold him responsible for a lot of their mess.

...their problem was the incumbent manager at the time!!!

A manager with previous success at Southampton, attempting to rebuild in the Premier League and wasn't much liked by their players.

He (Walsh) bought a lot of talent in, but Koeman could not make it work. They spent £150m in that season, and failing to sign a forward to replace Lokaku was the reason Koeman gave for his failure at the club.

Steve Walsh snr.knows football and the value of players, bring him back, now Top, we know you only go for the people that you know.

4 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Well spend 2 months trying only for him to say no, panic, go after some absolute garbage, get rejected and then end up offering Smith the job. Shambles. 

He’ll be at West Ham before we get the chance 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

I'll save them a phone call - he's never coming here to manage in the Championship

Potter likes a building job. If he doesn’t get offered a Prem job this summer, I can absolutely see him preferring a rebuild job with a big club in the Championship over an emergency repair job in the Prem miday through next season.

Edited by ClaphamFox

1 hour ago, foxgas said:

The Greek bloke will probably sack Cooper for not winning the league, I think he could do a rebuild job.

I think Forest will sack Cooper to be honest. It’s the kind of move they would do.