Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

2 minutes ago, Fansincethe80s said:

Gotta love FT most would rather us appoint a trendy manager that has never played or coached in England over a manager that has TWICE won promotion, and played in the CCC.. Scott Parker doesn’t excite me but surely appointing a random Austrian with a patchy record over a manager with a proven track record and is a young up and coming manager doesn’t make any sense! 

This is exactly why people on this forum are not prepped to work in any business environment. Football is a business and operates a corporate structure hence operations will be the same. 

A competent leader will analyse the scenario and task ahead of us for the new season, and assess candidates based on that. Whether people like Parker or not, he has a proven track record that adheres to our current situation and as such, is really not as bad an appointment as people make out, regardless of his current stint with Brugge. Of course it might not work, but the evidence backs up more likely success than a rookie that doesn't fit with our scenario. 

But people on this forum would rather have Enzo, who has next to zero first team management experience, because He WoRkS wItH PeP...

Surely it's not too difficult a concept to understand? 

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, deep blue said:

The deep-lying CF role suits Nacho to a T and would give him the opportunity to be our main man and to shine more consistently than he ever has before.  As for the rest of the squad, it's been decimated anyway and needs a complete rebuild so having to shape it to fit a particular formation is no problem at all - jn fact, I would say it's the ideal time to do just that.

Oh, it's absolutely the best time to do it as we will rarely get another chance to start from scratch in terms of squad but it will present some issues. Let's stick with the striker example for now. 

I agree that it suits Nacho but like i said it doesn't suit Daka or Vardy. Now keeping one of them makes sense as we are not always going to play the same way and having a different option is best practice. But what if we can't shif either of them? We can't employ a system where only one strike can play that role so we would need to sign a similair player which leaves us with four strikers which isn't feasible. 

Admittedly, these aren't major issues and they are potentially unlikely but they ARE things that we need to think about because like I mentioned previously, almost all the names being linked all play with three CB's, wingbacks, 2 CM's, a Striker and either two wingers or two 10's so regardless of who it is, which the names being bandied about.... It is very likely that's how we will line up next year. 

10 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Here's just one example of what Fulham and Bournemouth fans are saying about him. And there are loads saying more or less the same thing:

This is spot on and pretty much what my Fulham supporting OH has said.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Adster said:

This is exactly why people on this forum are not prepped to work in any business environment. Football is a business and operates a corporate structure hence operations will be the same. 

A competent leader will analyse the scenario and task ahead of us for the new season, and assess candidates based on that. Whether people like Parker or not, he has a proven track record that adheres to our current situation and as such, is really not as bad an appointment as people make out, regardless of his current stint with Brugge. Of course it might not work, but the evidence backs up more likely success than a rookie that doesn't fit with our scenario. 

But people on this forum would rather have Enzo, who has next to zero first team management experience, because He WoRkS wItH PeP...

Sorry, I’m sure your point has a general logic to it but I lost interest at that point 

12 minutes ago, Adster said:

Yes, I agree. With his record and previous successes from a business point of view he makes sense.

But, as a fan, I also just want to go back to enjoying watching us play and having pride in a team and a manager who I can get behind. Parker has a proven track record, and it is looking like it could be him as he plays a style that the club clearly wants us to implement, but **** me its boring. I'm not really sure who I want, the most exciting football I've seen played recently is Wilder's 3-5-2 with overlapping centre backs and a team who wants to win the ball back high up the pitch, would I take him as our manager probably not. I just want to fall in love with football and the club again, Parker doesn't do that for me, he doesn't inspire me, but would I begrudge promotion? definitely not.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Adster said:

Fans and the board have different expectations/desires though:

The board don't care about entertainment, only results. The fans care about results but are also paying £40 a match in a cost of living crisis and want to at least enjoy games, which by all accounts won't happen under captain scarlet and his shitty cardigan 

• Haha 1

The full reply if you don't have Twitter

Play it out from the back, pass it around the defence endlessly until you misplace a pass that leads to a goal or you bore the opposition into submission. Retain loads of possession to no good effect in the hope of snatching a goal. At such time as a goal is scored, regardless of what minute you score in, take off your best player and go to 5 at the back. Make all your subs defensive ones, particularly if it means you can play players out of position. Soak up pressure for the rest of the game and do not, under any circumstances, cross the half way line. Never consider coming from behind to win a game. Damage limitation at all costs. Make sure the players do not get carried away with ideas of individual brilliance. Slow and steady wins the race. If the players do not follow your instructions send badly written notes onto the pitch for opposition players to laugh at. Effort on the training pitch during the week is everything. Make sure the players know that no-one is more important than you. Improving players is for losers. Turn every player into a carbon copy of yourself. If things start to go badly engineer an exit that enables you to distance yourself from the shambles and maintain your aura of brilliance. Make sure everyone knows about your past achievements. Remember that results directly reflect the poise of your hair and quality of your cardigan. Your survival is more important than anything else. The Scott Parker must go on. #ffc
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Here's just one example of what Fulham and Bournemouth fans are saying about him. And there are loads saying more or less the same thing:

But what happens if we hire Parker when we're already at step 8? :blink:

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Adster said:

His record is only just about scraping promotion after inheriting squads that should have been promoted comfortably, he also has a proven record of playing negative football, alienating players and blaming them rather than taking responsibility when the going gets tough. He has no record of building a squad from scratch. I've long thought he's a terrible manager who will eventually get found out and end up doing punditry. 

Edited by Patrick
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Fansincethe80s said:

Gotta love FT most would rather us appoint a trendy manager that has never played or coached in England over a manager that has TWICE won promotion, and played in the CCC.. Scott Parker doesn’t excite me but surely appointing a random Austrian with a patchy record over a manager with a proven track record and is a young up and coming manager doesn’t make any sense! 

Most managers, at one point has never coached in England. 

A manager who regularly worked at CL and Europa level whilst TWICE being named best manager in Germany is less of a long term risk than Parker, who might get you out the Championship but has proven to struggle at PL level. 

32 minutes ago, Adster said:

This would have an element of truth if the same club leadership hadn’t been involved in the club for the last two years. They’ve sat back and watched us get relegated in the most predictable way possible

41 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Scott "Brendan" Parker 

• Like 1

Just now, 5waller5 said:

This would have an element of truth if the same club leadership hadn’t been involved in the club for the last two years. They’ve sat back and watched us get relegated in the most predictable way possible

Yeah, and this is not me saying that our board our totally competent in any way. But people are questioning why we might be looking at Parker, it's pretty clear to see why from a leadership perspective why they would. Regardless or not whether the fans agree!