Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

Not sure who needs to hear this but Nuno is currently managing at the top of the Saudi League, presumably on a King’s ransom.

They’ve just signed Benzema and are about to bag Kante. Not sure he’s giving that up for Carabao Cup round one footy.

• Haha 4

39 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Fans will rarely be happy in this scenario…. We’ve had to sit through a slow painful downfall that some fans feared was happening 18 months ago, so it’s hard to be positive and offer constructive feedback when what you want doesn’t materialise. 

However, what we want and what we need are two different things.

Let’s take Parker for example, are Bournemouth’s fans argument valid? Or Fulham’s for that matter? Both of those teams were promoted under Parker, and that is exactly what the club are looking for. We’re at a very important period in this clubs history, if we get this wrong then everything falls apart. It’s okay some fans thinking we’re likely to remain in the championship for a while, but that’s the pessimism of last season still lingering.

The club will have no intention of staying in this league, they will want an instant return, so their next appointment needs to be necessary not sexy. To be fair I couldn’t give a shit if we’re boring, if we bore ourselves to 1st and get promoted I’ll be elated. Parker factually is a fairly safe option, he’s achieved promotions in recent times and that isn’t to be snuffed at, regardless of the grievances. As fans we will always feel entitled to more, especially us given our recent success, but it’s those entitlements that land you in hot water, because you’ll forever be lusting for what you want, over what you need.

We want good football? Exciting football? Well then JDT may provide that, but then ask why did they not go up? Yes they took us to pieces at the KP, but that’s no achievement based on last seasons home form.

Id prefer someone with a proven record and the club won’t take any unnecessary risks, McKenna looks like a fantastic prospect, but the reality is he hasn’t been tested at this level, so he’s a risk, as is JDT his Blackburn side were exciting to watch, but they’re still in the championship. 

The vision to rebuild will come when it’s right, this season will be a mixture of signing some steady players with promotion experience, and some young talent that we can take forward with us.

I’m not fussed about attractive football this season, I’m bothered about getting it right and getting back to the premier league. Everything we need to do this season needs to be done out of necessity, even if it’s not sexy. 

Given that we need a massive influx of players due to the idiot/s who allowed so many players to run down their contracts at the same time and now getting cherry-picked for the few good players we have it is vitally important to appoint a manager who will be able to attract Goodenough players to the club for a promotion push.

Does anyone think Parker given the way he treated his own players at other clubs would fit that bill ? Football is a small world when it comes to inside knowledge and if I were a potential recruit for our club I'd be telling my agent no way if he's in charge. In fact, out of all the potential managers, he doesn't even come close to even being interviewed. It would be a total disaster if they appoint this clown. 

Edited by PAPA LAZAROU
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Not sure who needs to hear this but Nuno is currently managing at the top of the Saudi League, presumably on a King’s ransom.

They’ve just signed Benzema and are about to bag Kante. Not sure he’s giving that up for Carabao Cup round one footy.

Good

5 hours ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

That still doesn't mean he won't succeed here or be popular here. Do you just judge everything on what's already happened?

Ok. So if we were to reappoint Brendan you’d be fully behind that?  Track records count for nothing?

I want the best for our club and Parker isn’t that. 

• Thanks 1

Please tell me that no one here genuinely believes that we're hiring Parker??

The rumours have come from an egotistical twitter account that is known to only make stuff up for attention. 

There is no credible voice linking him to us as anything more than a name on a list.

Even if we have interviewed him, given the list of other names we've supposedly interviewed, we are not going to hire him.

The conversation of whether he's going to be good or bad is irrelevant, he will not be our manager.

(I really hope this doesn't age badly...)

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Verumex said:

Please tell me that no one here genuinely believes that we're hiring Parker??

The rumours have come from an egotistical twitter account that is known to only make stuff up for attention. 

There is no credible voice linking him to us as anything more than a name on a list.

Even if we have interviewed him, given the list of other names we've supposedly interviewed, we are not going to hire him.

The conversation of whether he's going to be good or bad is irrelevant, he will not be our manager.

(I really hope this doesn't age badly...)

A couple of the more reliable Leicester-following journalists have come out this morning and said they've heard nothing credible about Parker being appointed. It does appear to have all the hallmarks of a classic Sean from Enderby wind-up...

Edited by ClaphamFox

7 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Ok. So if we were to reappoint Brendan you’d be fully behind that?  Track records count for nothing?

I want the best for our club and Parker isn’t that. 

No track records so count, that's why two promotions are probably why he's being considered. 

11 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

No track records so count, that's why two promotions are probably why he's being considered. 

You, my friend, are lost. Enjoy the coming season and try and raise your expectations a bit. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Sorry, I've not found your point? are you saying Swansea are as bigger club as us ?

No. You keep making this point about us being bigger than Swansea. That’s nice and all but means nothing if our club is being run into the ground. 

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

So nothing to do with the manager, that had the summer to lay the foundations.

Plus the squad squad was pretty similar to the one Farke got promoted minus Buendia

Maybe it didn't work out but too many think a manager can come in and spend the club's money as if it was there own. He thought he could raise the current squad's performance and he was wrong.