Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

Just now, Chelmofox said:

err - Brighton?

If you think that the manager had no say over the players that they brought then I think you will be completely wrong of course the recruitment team find players but manager has to sign off otherwise it's pointless. 

Also Brighton might work and is at the moment but there is nothing yet to suggest it's sustainable

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

But what evidence is there to suggest that this will happen? With two promotions to his name?

We could easily all sit here and also Rodgers off… but equally we know he is capable of winning things…..

Fans harbouring grievances often don’t offer balanced opinions, they will focus on all of the negatives and that’s it.

Parker would be my personal choice, but the facts suggest he isn’t a bad one.  

I feel the promotions maybe more luck than judgement, maybe going into a club not quite as rotten as ours.

The squad and morale is already rotten, if he ads to that we are in big trouble.

Law of averages say hes pretty unlikely to get 3 championship promotions. 

Rodgers won stuff with a team and structure built by others, the moment he sarted to set his own agenda, things failed. 

I worry that Parker is just more of the same, which doesnt supprise me, it shows the club have learnt no lessons, Rudkin has a vision, its a bad one.

The club needs a top to bottom restructure esle its going nowhere but down. The manager needs to be a strong one with a vision, ideas, agression, identity. 

Parker seems to have none of that, very much seems a plaster over a hemorage. 

11 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I manager isn't in complete control of recruitment correct. However buying players without having a link between the manager and recruitment team is a disaster waiting to happen. This is how you end up with a manager having lots of expensive players that they don't want and don't play and don't fit with their tactics. 

Having a manager that dosent have a big say in recruitment is stupid. 

And think inking that you can recruit players without the approval of the manager is niaeve and leads to failure

I agree and it would only be natural, sensible and healthy for a manager and the recruitment team to have sensible ongoing dialogue, why wouldn't they?

Should a manager want to play with wingers, why buy two extra centre halves if he's got enough and happy with them? If he wants to play a particular way, why buy someone who is the polar opposite to that? Admittedly a manager might want Haaland or Mbappe but we haven't got the money, but you could discuss with him the merits of a few forwards that have been identified that can be afforded. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

There are far too many Bournemouth and Fulham fans who are absolutely scathing about Parker to put it down to a few 'harbouring grievances'. The fans of both clubs seem to loathe him. There are red flags all over the place - turgid football, falls out with players, blames everybody else when his horrible tactics don't work. The club needs a breath of fresh air, not more of the same foul odour that permeated last season under Rodgers...

Parker wouldn’t be my choice if I had one. I don’t really rate him. But I’m trying to put myself in the shoes of the club. They will likely be looking at proven track record, and Parker has it. The fans of Bournemouth and Fulham offer scathing reviews but the club won’t take any notice of it will they? I’m hoping that it isn’t Parker, I’d prefer the likes of Hutter or McKenna, but that’s far too left field for our board to consider. 

They will play this one as safe as they can, and as unnerving as it seems I think they will see Parker as the safe option. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

Tops gonna bring in a manager the day before the season starts 😅

Then the excuses of he needs time/hasn't had a transfer window when we're sitting in the bottom 3 after 5 games

Edited by HybridFox

2 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I feel the promotions maybe more luck than judgement, maybe going into a club not quite as rotten as ours.

The squad and morale is already rotten, if he ads to that we are in big trouble.

Law of averages say hes pretty unlikely to get 3 championship promotions. 

Rodgers won stuff with a team and structure built by others, the moment he sarted to set his own agenda, things failed. 

I worry that Parker is just more of the same, which doesnt supprise me, it shows the club have learnt no lessons, Rudkin has a vision, its a bad one.

The club needs a top to bottom restructure esle its going nowhere but down. The manager needs to be a strong one with a vision, ideas, agression, identity. 

Parker seems to have none of that, very much seems a plaster over a hemorage. 

I agree with you, my fear is the club just be all too predictable and go with the safe option. 

Bit I completely agree a fresh face and a completely different approach is exactly what we need, especially with wholesale changes it means the new manager can build a team in his image. 

FWIW....

Brendan Rodgers is the manager that Leeds United really want to appoint this summer, according to Phil Hay.

The Athletic journalist has shared a brand new update on June 13 with the 49ers Enterprises making moves after their takeover, although the former Leicester man will not be easy to convince.

Daniel Farke is another manager who has held talks with the club, and the German is said to have impressed after his first meeting.

2 hours ago, Adster said:

This is exactly why people on this forum are not prepped to work in any business environment. Football is a business and operates a corporate structure hence operations will be the same. 

A competent leader will analyse the scenario and task ahead of us for the new season, and assess candidates based on that. Whether people like Parker or not, he has a proven track record that adheres to our current situation and as such, is really not as bad an appointment as people make out, regardless of his current stint with Brugge. Of course it might not work, but the evidence backs up more likely success than a rookie that doesn't fit with our scenario. 

But people on this forum would rather have Enzo, who has next to zero first team management experience, because He WoRkS wItH PeP...

Surely it's not too difficult a concept to understand? 

Instant promotion with a manager like Scott Parker is like sticking a fresh coat of paint on a totalled car, it might look a bit better for a while but the same issues that got us into this relegation situation will remain. Even if we are promoted we will go back down the following season.

A truly competent leader would analyse what has gone wrong the previous season and try and remedy those problems rather than look for a quick fix. In my opinion the issues are as follows: weak mentality, lack of connection between playing/coaching staff and fans, lack of attacking intent at the start of matches, conceding too many goals from passing round the back, lack of responsibility for the losses from the manager (Rodgers not Smith), lack of pride for the badge/lack of having the club's best interests at heart.

Scott Parker fixes none of these issues, in fact he exacerbates them. As long as we keep making the same mistake of going for unlikeable, self preserving possession based managers then we will keep falling further and further in the long term, even if we do gain promotion in the short term. What we need in our manager is a motivator who makes us a difficult team to play against whilst also allowing the team to have attacking intent when on the ball, even if it takes us longer to get us back in the first division than someone like Parker.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scotch said:

I'm just praying for Adi Hütter! Him and Kieran McKenna are the only two links I've been excited about. Either one of those will get me looking forward to seeing what kind of squad they build and what type of football they play. 

Interestingly, both play similair styles and formations that would require a LOT of of work in getting the squad to suit them. For example, both play with a no.9 that can hold the ball up, link play and act as a sort of target man (although not necessarily dominant in the air.) That maybe suits Nacho but definately not Vardy or Daka. They both play with two no.10's. After Maddison goes, we don't have any, in the senior squad anyway. 

So although, either one of them is exciting, it's also daunting at how much work is going to have to go into that squad. 

Will Alves and Alex Scott 😍 we can but dream.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Parker wouldn’t be my choice if I had one. I don’t really rate him. But I’m trying to put myself in the shoes of the club. They will likely be looking at proven track record, and Parker has it. The fans of Bournemouth and Fulham offer scathing reviews but the club won’t take any notice of it will they? I’m hoping that it isn’t Parker, I’d prefer the likes of Hutter or McKenna, but that’s far too left field for our board to consider. 

They will play this one as safe as they can, and as unnerving as it seems I think they will see Parker as the safe option. 

You keep pushing this 'track record' thing, but there are other managers with similar or better track records.  You also need to consider the environment within which those track records exist - not every situation brings the same results - just because he achieved something with those clubs at that time doesn't mean he will do it again, with us.  To select a manager purely on past performance is naïve to say the least.

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Twiteratti fans with about 200 followers who like a good whinge should not be the only voices heard. Parker isn't a long term dynamo that gets me dribbling with excitement. But if he gets as back in one hit, right now i couldn't care less. But we need to show no mercy. No mercy if we start badly or falter in the middle, and if we are promoted then we show no mercy if the results aren't great there too.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

You keep pushing this 'track record' thing, but there are other managers with similar or better track records.  You also need to consider the environment within which those track records exist - not every situation brings the same results - just because he achieved something with those clubs at that time doesn't mean he will do it again, with us.  To select a manager purely on past performance is naïve to say the least.

What else do you select a manager on?! This is the exact premise by which managers are appointed lol 

FWIW I am not a fan of Parker. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Instant promotion with a manager like Scott Parker is like sticking a fresh coat of paint on a totalled car, it might look a bit better for a while but the same issues that got us into this relegation situation will remain. Even if we are promoted we will go back down the following season.

A truly competent leader would analyse what has gone wrong the previous season and try and remedy those problems rather than look for a quick fix. In my opinion the issues are as follows: weak mentality, lack of connection between playing/coaching staff and fans, lack of attacking intent at the start of matches, conceding too many goals from passing round the back, lack of responsibility for the losses from the manager (Rodgers not Smith), lack of pride for the badge/lack of having the club's best interests at heart.

Scott Parker fixes none of these issues, in fact he exacerbates them. As long as we keep making the same mistake of going for unlikeable, self preserving possession based managers then we will keep falling further and further in the long term, even if we do gain promotion in the short term. What we need in our manager is a motivator who makes us a difficult team to play against whilst also allowing the team to have attacking intent when on the ball, even if it takes us longer to get us back in the first division than someone like Parker.

I hear what you are saying and am about as anti parker for us as is possible, but let's not pretend that instant promotion wouldn't be a ****ing miracle regardless of what the bookies say. 

I'd be more than happy to postpone the bigger issues til next year with Premier league money. In an ideal world, yes you are entirely correct but we cant pretend that if your scenario happened (which I highly doubt under parker) that wouldn't  be more than good enough.... for now, and far better than I would expect. 

All semantics anyway based on your scenario but I'm sorry, I just couldn't let it lie. 

Edited by gw_leics772

1 minute ago, Lillehamring said:

I’m not pushing it, I’m merely suggesting that’s what I think the board will be considering above all else when looking. 

Im hoping that it isn’t the case. 

The one name that really intrigues me, is Maresca, I don’t know if it’s the recent success that former Man City coaches have had, but there’s something that just makes me think we could be an absolute force under him, and I’ve no idea why. 

• Like 1

I’m glad the club are taking their time. Far healthier to have a calm eye in the centre of a storm than behave in a knee jerk way. Let’s see who they come up with and get behind the new manager, whoever it is. 
There’s been an awful lot of negative energy this last year. Let’s not carry it over into the beginning of next. Clean slate and all that. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

I can't bare the thought of watching more boring, slow build football. 

Agree completely. 

I reckon I would last two home games before standing and giving Rudkin a verbal  volley (and I sit quite close) that would probably get me banned

Just now, Pliskin said:

I’m not pushing it, I’m merely suggesting that’s what I think the board will be considering above all else when looking. 

Im hoping that it isn’t the case. 

The one name that really intrigues me, is Maresca, I don’t know if it’s the recent success that former Man City coaches have had, but there’s something that just makes me think we could be an absolute force under him, and I’ve no idea why. 

I feel the same and think it might be down to being starved of left field appointments. It seems experience is key, even if that experience is them being shit at that level. 

Hutter

Mckenna

Maresca

Just something different please. I'm more happy with that kind of risk than the supposed safe hands of serial failures. 

2 hours ago, Adster said:

This is exactly why people on this forum are not prepped to work in any business environment. Football is a business and operates a corporate structure hence operations will be the same. 

A competent leader will analyse the scenario and task ahead of us for the new season, and assess candidates based on that. Whether people like Parker or not, he has a proven track record that adheres to our current situation and as such, is really not as bad an appointment as people make out, regardless of his current stint with Brugge. Of course it might not work, but the evidence backs up more likely success than a rookie that doesn't fit with our scenario. 

But people on this forum would rather have Enzo, who has next to zero first team management experience, because He WoRkS wItH PeP...

Surely it's not too difficult a concept to understand? 

Football is a business, but it also a sport and an entertainment form.

LCFC are not an FTSE100 business trying to maximise profits at the expense of all else, they are a sporting business that relies on entertaining customers and providing them with a success, and most of the customers *are* knowledgable about the game.

5 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

I feel the same and think it might be down to being starved of left field appointments. It seems experience is key, even if that experience is them being shit at that level. 

Hutter

Mckenna

Maresca

Just something different please. I'm more happy with that kind of risk than the supposed safe hands of serial failures. 

Hutter would be an exceptional choice…. I can’t quite believe that he isn’t top of our list. He and McKenna. 

They are progressive forward thinking coaches. Hutter particularly…… and I’m confident that he could build a side capable of transitioning into the premier league easily.