Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

38 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

That's not really fair - our MO has changed since the start of that time.  And would you really want us to pick a manager quickly or sensibly - if we get the right person then the timing is moot.  Had we gone for someone 70 days ago we'd be stuck with someone available then which would rule out mckenna, maresca et al.  Just because nothing has happened, doesn't mean they aren't doing anything.

Rodgers wanted out at the start of the season everyone knew his time at the club was coming to an end everyone did apart from the board! They sleep walked us into relegation! Rodgers was done and the board did nothing didn’t even have a short list of managers! I struggle to even see atm if top and the board can even be bothered this season coming because atm there’s no urgency but my god they should be 

• Like 1

You really really would have thought they’d have a list of replacements way in advance of Rodgers going. It’s almost like they thought “it’s ok he’ll keep us up” then when their hand was forced and they had to sack him it’s almost like they thought “it’s ok, Smith will keep us up then we can just give him the job”. It’s almost like they have no idea what they’re doing and haven’t done any forward planning at all. It’s almost like Rudkin isn’t very good at his job and our own board can’t see it. It’s almost like he somehow got a job he wasn’t really qualified for and now daren’t really tell anyone. It’s almost like all the hard work we put in up to the title win was for naught. It’s almost like I’m so sad I want to die. It’s almost like even I, an averagely average 42 year old with no particular skills in anything, especially not running a football club can see all the issues our own board can’t. It’s almost like it’s almost funny but it’s not because it’s so fvcking depressing. It’s almost like a consortium of Foxestalk twats led by Ric would genuinely do a better job than the actual people running our club. It’s almost like we’re fvcking shit. 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

That only works in a league and situation where you have time to develop players and there isn't huge money being pushed about. There is a reason that this model hasn't been successful in england/ big 5 European leagues that have huge money

Brighton, Brentford.....

10 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Hutter would be an exceptional choice…. I can’t quite believe that he isn’t top of our list. He and McKenna. 

They are progressive forward thinking coaches. Hutter particularly…… and I’m confident that he could build a side capable of transitioning into the premier league easily. 

How do you know he's not? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

How can people act like you don’t need a manager in place to make signings. Whose going to want to sign on without having a clue who they’ll be playing for?

Some people are utterly convinced that we've gone full RB and have adopted a transfer model that basically bypasses the manager. I have no idea why they think this, but they do. It is of course true that our recruitment team will be in charge of identifying targets and that we may even begin approaching players before the manager is appointed given the sheer scale of the rebuild. But once the new man is in place, he will obviously have an important say in transfers. Can you really imagine the following conversation taking place:

Recruitment team: We'd really like to sign X player

New manager: Sorry, I don't think so. He doesn't fit the profile of what I need and I probably wouldn't use him.

Recruitment team: Well tough luck! Who cares what you think? We're putting in a £20m bid this afternoon...

Because I can't. Not at our club, anyway.

Edited by ClaphamFox

We're a big club at this level. Players will sign for us because of our name and our wages. Do you think people won't sign for Chelsea or Man Utd if they were manageress.

Maybe we've already signed a manager and they're keeping under wraps whilst lining up players  to come in with a multiple announcement. Fireworks, last post, with current players waving honesty flags and clappers.:yesyes:

:nono:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

How can people act like you don’t need a manager in place to make signings. Whose going to want to sign on without having a clue who they’ll be playing for?

How do they know that said manager won't be sacked after 6 games? What player signs a 4 year deal expecting to play for the same manager throughout that deal? Look at the sackings in the PL last season. Do you think Fofana, Sterling etc signed for Chelsea because Tuchel was in charge?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Some people are utterly convinced that we've gone full RB and have adopted a transfer model that basically bypasses the manager. I have no idea why they think this, but they do. It is of course true that our recruitment team will be in charge of identifying targets and that we may even begin approaching players before the manager is appointed given the sheer scale of the rebuild. But once the new man is in place, he will obviously have an important say in transfers. Can you really imagine the following conversation taking place:

Recruitment team: We'd really like to sign X player

New manager: Sorry, I don't think so. He doesn't fit the profile of what I need and I probably wouldn't use him.

Recruitment team: Well tough luck! Who cares what you think? We're putting in a £20m bid this afternoon...

Because I can't. Not at our club, anyway.

The profile of what we want is exactly what is dictated by the recuitment team and club. You push that the manager may have some input which I haven't seen anyone actually disagree with, however whatever input they get will still likely be based on the choices he gets given (which will be based on what the recruitment team decide)