Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

Some years back I was told by a Spurs used agent the general consensus was that negotiating  with LCFC aka Rudkin was a nightmare.  Do we really trust this man who has directly caused a massive income loss through inept contracts and no planning, with taking the ub forward? You must be joking

1 minute ago, boosmanana said:

As much as I despise Brendan Rodgers, he's far superior to Scott Parker. 

If Parker is appointed, we'll end up looking back on the Rodgers era with teary-eyed nostalgia while playing 'Those were the days' by Mary Hopkin on repeat.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Koke said:

We're a big club at this level. Players will sign for us because of our name and our wages. Do you think people won't sign for Chelsea or Man Utd if they were manageress.

The problem is players sign for us who the manager doesn’t want. So many stories you here from players and former players who sign for a club, a new manager comes in and doesn’t fancy them - they never play and we’re stuck paying their wages.

A manager needs to decide how he wants to play and what sort of players he needs - does he need more leaders, more aggressive players, players who can play out from the back, quick players, a target man etc.

The new manager, should be deciding what he wants, then the recruitment team finds those players.

• Like 1

Just now, Chelmofox said:

How do they know that said manager won't be sacked after 6 games? What player signs a 4 year deal expecting to play for the same manager throughout that deal? Look at the sackings in the PL last season. Do you think Fofana, Sterling etc signed for Chelsea because Tuchel was in charge?

No we change how we run as a football club everytime we appoint a new manager, because that seems sustainable.

Just now, Aus Fox said:

The problem is players sign for us who the manager doesn’t want. So many stories you here from players and former players who sign for a club, a new manager comes in and doesn’t fancy them - they never play and we’re stuck paying their wages.

A manager needs to decide how he wants to play and what sort of players he needs - does he need more leaders, more aggressive players, players who can play out from the back, quick players, a target man etc.

The new manager, should be deciding what he wants, then the recruitment team finds those players.

Ironically two of the players Rodgers wanted didn't end up playing and we were paying their wages for them to do nothing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fairbanksh said:

Some years back I was told by a Spurs used agent the general consensus was that negotiating  with LCFC aka Rudkin was a nightmare.  Do we really trust this man who has directly caused a massive income loss through inept contracts and no planning, with taking the ub forward? You must be joking

Can't be that much of a nightmare, he's been literally throwing money about at player contracts

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

If Parker is appointed, we'll end up looking back on the Rodgers era with teary-eyed nostalgia while playing 'Those were the days' by Mary Hopkin on repeat.

I really hope we don’t get Scott Parker it’ll be out of the frying pan into the fire scenario !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

The profile of what we want is exactly what is dictated by the recuitment team and club. You push that the manager may have some input which I haven't seen anyone actually disagree with, however whatever input they get will still likely be based on the choices he gets given (which will be based on what the recruitment team decide)

Sure - I've no doubt the manager will be choosing from options identified by the recruitment team. But if his response is an emphatic 'no', I can't see the club ignoring him and signing the player anyway. That's the kind of thing Todd Boehly would do, and he's barking mad.

2 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

It should be a joint decision between all parties, scout, manager and DoF

3 minutes ago, fairbanksh said:

He needs to go but unfortunately the Schitt doesn’t seem to settle on him but others, a bit like Brendan you can just hear him “ Well Top it wasn’t my fault everyone else thought he’d be ideal !!”

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

Sure - I've no doubt the manager will be choosing from options identified by the recruitment team. But if his response is an emphatic 'no', I can't see the club ignoring him and signing the player anyway. That's the kind of thing Todd Boehly would do, and he's barking mad.

Oh yeah I wouldn't expect we'd ignore him completely, but the overall statergy will be based on what the club want, it at least provides some continuity should we change manager.

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

It should be a joint decision between all parties, scout, manager and DoF

The actual signing of a player yes, but the identification of a type of player we need should be on the manager.

The scouts should then bring the options for DoF, Manager and who ever else to discuss and make a decision- but the type of player we need to play a particular way should be identified by the manager of the team.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Who said the manager gets ignored? I am sure there will be more to it than 'no'. I would hope they would have a good session around 'why' first.  However, in the situation where you are the incoming manager you cannot expect for all recruitment to be paused ready for your yes or no. Anyone coming in to any job this summer will expect for a lot of wheels to have been turning already. 

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Fvck me, I LOVE twats who smoke cigars. GGEEEEEEEEERRRRIMMMMMMMIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNN.

I read 'Treble wan**rs' on their t-shirt first time i looked at that.

Edited by Chelmofox

15 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

How do they know that said manager won't be sacked after 6 games? What player signs a 4 year deal expecting to play for the same manager throughout that deal? Look at the sackings in the PL last season. Do you think Fofana, Sterling etc signed for Chelsea because Tuchel was in charge?

I think most managers have a big influence on the decisions the players make. With Fofana I’m sure he said how excited he was to be playing under Rodgers, and it was a big influence on him coming here. Most managers speak with linked players to convince them to come and tell them where they will fit into the team/system etc.

Edited by LestaLad

17 minutes ago, Koke said:

We're a big club at this level. Players will sign for us because of our name and our wages. Do you think people won't sign for Chelsea or Man Utd if they were manageress.

I reckon they'd think twice if they had a manageress 

1 minute ago, LestaLad said:

I think most managers have a big influence on the decisions the players make. With Fofana I’m sure he said how excited he was to be playing under Rodgers, and it was a big influence on him coming here. Most managers speak with with linked players to convince them to come and tell them where they will fit into the team/system etc.

He may actually have been excited to play under him, but it's a pretty generic response by any new signing. 

20 minutes ago, Koke said:

I don't think their gender should come into it.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

He may actually have been excited to play under him, but it's a pretty generic response by any new signing. 

I’m not denying that but to act like it makes no difference to who the manager is, is wrong.

1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Fascinating read..... here's hoping our board read it to before they about to appoint him.....seems like we'll get Son of Brendan!

With how far engrained in the whole culture of the place RodgersBall is, it’s probably a key thing they are looking for 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1