Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

Just now, LestaLad said:

I’m not denying that but to act like it makes no difference to who the manager is, is wrong.

For some it will obviously, some I imagine won't be as fussed, for lads abroad how many of them are actually aware of some of the fellas we're linked with. 

5 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Fascinating read..... here's hoping our board read it to before they about to appoint him.....seems like we'll get Son of Brendan!

Is Tristan Poturicic a renounced football analyst? 

• Like 1

I know people have been beaten down by watching Rodgers' version of possession football, but we are probably going to be a team with one of the higher average possession percentages next season. Teams will come and try to spoil. The trick is obviously having useful possession and doing something with it. The comments from Fulham fans around not having a lot of shots or anything despite dominating the ball do worry me but their xG stats from the season look reasonable.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, davieG said:

Maybe we've already signed a manager and they're keeping under wraps whilst lining up players  to come in with a multiple announcement. Fireworks, last post, with current players waving honesty flags and clappers.:yesyes:

:nono:

Have you been out in the sun for too long?

(Yes, I noted the sarcastic :nono:)

I had a dream last night that Scott Parker was in the dugout! It wasn't a particularly good or bad dream - it was just one that saw him on TV pictured on the side of the pitch in that cardy and tidy hair giving out orders from afar to the players! Maybe a weird/accurate premonition?! 

56 minutes ago, Matt said:

73rd day without a permanent manager.

There was never a plan to have a permanent manager until after the end of the season so it’s actually 16 days without a manager. 

57 minutes ago, fairbanksh said:

Some years back I was told by a Spurs used agent the general consensus was that negotiating  with LCFC aka Rudkin was a nightmare.  Do we really trust this man who has directly caused a massive income loss through inept contracts and no planning, with taking the ub forward? You must be joking

Well that’s a good thing imo. 

I wouldn’t want him to be a pleasure to deal with for clubs like spurs. Nobody says anything nice about dealing with levy either 🤷‍♂️ we obviously aren’t a good team to deal with if you’re bargain hunting because we either fleece you or offer you crap or …..fleece you with crap 😂

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, bald reynard said:

Tomasson quickly moving up in the betting. Now second favourite at 14/5 (Parker still odds on at 8/11 - but obviously edging back now towards Evens).

I'd be happy with JDT (very happy in comparison with Parker and Smith!).

Genuine question here as I know very little about the guy, just that his Blackburn side beat us last season.

Why would he be preferred over Smith or Parker?

• Like 1

Have we ever appointed the bookies / twitter favourite to be our manager?

I might be clutching at straws (lot of practice this season) but it doesn't seem like we have, always swathes of rumours, and then we announce someone we'd not seen mentioned. And therefore I'm confident it won't be Parker.

Guest lcfc80
11 minutes ago, bald reynard said:

Tomasson quickly moving up in the betting. Now second favourite at 14/5 (Parker still odds on at 8/11 - but obviously edging back now towards Evens).

Ignore what you are seeing on oddschecker, and Betfair, they ain't odds you'd get with a bookie. Neil Lennon, Pochettino and Ange Postecoglou are all the same price as Tomasson. All it means is no one is willing to give bigger odds than what they are offering

7 minutes ago, StinckleyFox said:

Genuine question here as I know very little about the guy, just that his Blackburn side beat us last season.

Why would he be preferred over Smith or Parker?

4 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

By me, he would. Has done a decent (though not spectacular) job with Blackburn, just missing out on the Play Offs. But you should also take his record with Malmo into consideration. 

15 minutes ago, bald reynard said:

A 55% win record with Malmo in 2 years there - including European competitions. A 45% win record with Blackburn - in the CHAMPIONSHIP.

Edited by Outfox the Fox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The_77 said:

No. You keep making this point about us being bigger than Swansea. That’s nice and all but means nothing if our club is being run into the ground. 

My word. Read back to the original post, please. Even if we are run into the ground we will still be a club that has won all the domestic trophies. Yes, that's the Premier League, the F.A cup, the league cup, the charity shield, and the quarter-final of the champions league. Had a player with a record that as yet hasn't been broken in Jamey Vardy's eleven from eleven. Please feel free for your comparison.

Edited by PAPA LAZAROU

42 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

I know people have been beaten down by watching Rodgers' version of possession football, but we are probably going to be a team with one of the higher average possession percentages next season. Teams will come and try to spoil. The trick is obviously having useful possession and doing something with it. The comments from Fulham fans around not having a lot of shots or anything despite dominating the ball do worry me but their xG stats from the season look reasonable.

Whoever we appoint is going to have this problem. I expect at least half of the division to sit deep and counter us both home and away. We'll get complaints of sideways passing football no matter who our manager is.

An issue for whoever we bring in is whom the creative players are going to be? Cairney at this level is actually pretty creative so would be a good buy for that reason alone. I imagine we see at least a few Puel like games of 60% possession and 1-0 losses. The trick is to make it the exception rather than the norm.

• Like 1

Bookies odds mean little to nothing, it's just gullible punters throwing money at names they've seen on Twitter or speculation in newspapers who have no more idea than any of us. Sean From Enderby basically got betting suspended on Parker because a load of idiots believed he was somehow in the know. Hutter came down fast last night because he was mentioned a few times on here. Odds reflect where the money is going,  not what's going on behind the scenes.

Guest Mee-9

I have a feeling the announcement will be tomorrow. 

Gives us time to regrease the Panzers, ready for the arrival of the the man to the Wolf's Lair  Foxes Den. 

"Who do you think you are kidding Mr...." 

3 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

16th full day knowing what league we’d be playing in next season. 

This is absolutely scandalous when you think of turmoil and the need for prep that the new manager will inherit. 

So much of our downfall just wreaks of key people having their eye off the ball, and the fact that seems to be continuing with the hiring of a new manager is very concerning.