Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

31 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

0_GettyImages-1288667118.jpg

A forlorn Scotty P on the sidelines as Plymouth net their 3rd goal on a cold Tuesday night in mid-November 

That might well have been my dream scene I mentioned above (I mean nightmare)!

10 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

A 55% win record with Malmo in 2 years there - including European competitions. A 45% win record with Blackburn - in the CHAMPIONSHIP.

Okay, but I still don’t see why that makes him better than Parker who had a 50% win record with Bournemouth and two promotions?😂 in the CHAMPIONSHIP - as you say. 

1 hour ago, Number 6 said:

I know people have been beaten down by watching Rodgers' version of possession football, but we are probably going to be a team with one of the higher average possession percentages next season. Teams will come and try to spoil. The trick is obviously having useful possession and doing something with it. The comments from Fulham fans around not having a lot of shots or anything despite dominating the ball do worry me but their xG stats from the season look reasonable.

Of course we are. We're one of the biggest sides in the divisions, recent FA Cup winners and Champions of England, everyone is going to want to beat us. I expect to see a lot of 10 opposition players behind the ball, counter attacking football, opposition spoiling and trying to nick a goal all season.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

This is absolutely scandalous when you think of turmoil and the need for prep that the new manager will inherit. 

So much of our downfall just wreaks of key people having their eye off the ball, and the fact that seems to be continuing with the hiring of a new manager is very concerning.

I get where you’re coming from but I personally don’t think it is a scandal. If we had stayed up I think we’d have been looking at an early Potter announcement. Relegation changed everything. I don’t think we could have planned for it, in terms of a new manager, until it happened. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

0_GettyImages-1288667118.jpg

A forlorn Scotty P on the sidelines as Plymouth net their 3rd goal on a cold Tuesday night in mid-November 

Looks like he's also bought Claude Puel into the coaching staff to bring some much needed dynamism to his style of football!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

I have a feeling the announcement will be tomorrow. 

Gives us time to regrease the Panzers, ready for the arrival of the the man to the Wolf's Lair  Foxes Den. 

"Who do you think you are kidding Mr...." 

I can’t work out whether your on the wind up or not!?

Edited by frany104

15 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Of course we are. We're one of the biggest sides in the divisions, recent FA Cup winners and Champions of England, everyone is going to want to beat us. I expect to see a lot of 10 opposition players behind the ball, counter attacking football, opposition spoiling and trying to nick a goal all season.

Can't honestly see teams being that scared of us!... Especially if they saw any of our games from last season... They should be licking their lips!! 

4 minutes ago, brookfox said:

Looks like he's also bought Claude Puel into the coaching staff to bring some much needed dynamism to his style of football!

Claude “ I am appy to be with Scott and these group of players and to help eeem to bring some real intensitee and dynamitee to Leicester Citeeee “

38 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

I have a feeling the announcement will be tomorrow. 

Gives us time to regrease the Panzers, ready for the arrival of the the man to the Wolf's Lair  Foxes Den. 

"Who do you think you are kidding Mr...." 

Don't do this to me🙏

Guest Mee-9
10 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Sky Sports News are reporting Celtic are in talks with Rodgers. 

Could that mean Maresca to us, Rodgers to Celtic? 

Brendan it's believed interview for the job a few days ago, or was approached for interview to go back to Celtic. 

It would be remarkable if he went back, based on the fact he would go there to repair his 'reputation' in a sense, win another few trophies and then it's believed go for a big job in England. (Similar to the way Ange has done with Spurs) The efforts he made with us this season have cooled the interest of bigger clubs. 

Brendan to Celtic is a done deal. 

45 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

My word. Read back to the original post, please. Even if we are run into the ground we will still be a club that has won all the domestic trophies. Yes, that's the Premier League, the F.A cup, the league cup, the charity shield, and the quarter-final of the champions league. Had a player with a record that as yet hasn't been broken in Jamey Vardy's eleven from eleven. Please feel free for your comparison.

That’s all wonderful, except that nobody is arguing that Swansea are a bigger club so I don’t know why you want to keep beating that drum. 

The fact is we’re competing with them right now and it’s not clear if we are a more attractive option than any other club in the division at the moment.  

And please, at least spell our greatest player’s name correctly. lol

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, grth2004 said:

Maresca would still be my absolute favourite for the job , the experience his gained in the last few years are invaluable and I feel we would be extremely lucky to get him. 

As much as I agree, can you imagine watching Gundogan & Rodri as your double-pivot for 3 years, to then go into training where our only two midfield options are Hamza Choudhury & KDH. 

It's a completely different task & for me it's too much of a change, especially for only his second (?) permanent managers position.

23 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Can't honestly see teams being that scared of us!... Especially if they saw any of our games from last season... They should be licking their lips!! 

And what would they even be scared of? We don't even know what our first 11 will look like! 

This is our current squad, assuming that 'sellable' / want-away players all leave - such as Praet, Maddison, Ndidi, Iheanacho, Castagne, Barnes

Players in orange could also potentially leave

image.png.5454f4763fef5f7bc41a44b0356b3d9e.png

53 minutes ago, StinckleyFox said:

Okay, but I still don’t see why that makes him better than Parker who had a 50% win record with Bournemouth and two promotions?😂 in the CHAMPIONSHIP - as you say. 

football is all about circumstances, you need to have the whole picture. The only way to actually gage a job someone has done is to look to their fans. (you remove a bit of credibility if a manager has snaked a club for a bigger job) parker hadn’t snaked anyone and yet both sets of fans only have negative things to say… that honestly tells you everything. Even in success, the fans don’t think he did anything special and infact ultimately held them back. Look at the improvement in mitrovic without him for example.

I know it’s hard for fans to see past the 2 promotions and he obviously is somewhat decent enough… he’s just not someone to get excited about and my gut, and most others is that this might be too big of a job for someone of his ability. We need to build from the ground up,  it’s a huge job… you need a special person to tie this all together… parker just isn’t it 

Edited by Lambert09

2 hours ago, shiv said:

What else do you select a manager on?! This is the exact premise by which managers are appointed lol 

FWIW I am not a fan of Parker. 

I'm talking strictly about statistics - ie he won X amount of games and so on - you have to also look at the situations that these performances occurred in.  in the case of Parker he had ok production in fairly established teams  but was woeful in belgium and the prem - you can't just hire him because he got two promotions, you have to look at and select based on things like: is he good at building a team from scratch, does he work well with younger players, does he function well with the media, can he deal with the pressure of a certain type of fan base - there are literally dozens of other factors you need to consider rather than simply past performance. :doh: