Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

7 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Forest haven't stayed up because they have made sound business and footballing decisions. They have chucked a tonne of cash at this and found something that stuck towards the end of the season. I mean, look at the goal yesterday. Gifted it from a honking Arsenal team who didn't want to be there.  For most of this season, they have been completely horrible. Finishing above us is no gauge of success.

Their owner is a maniac. Complete mental case. I strongly doubt he will make sensible decisions this summer. I have a strong feeling they will look at Cooper and consider the next push needs someone who is going to get more of a tune out of their rediculous spending. Forest will need to be successful, not battling relegation, or this spending is going to catch-up with them big time.

Their owners know that removing Cooper will be poisonous for them given the fan reaction, however ridiculous they are. 

The fact that Forest got so close to trouble having spent so much is an underachievement.

But when you sign that many players, you just need a few to come good. 

A massive lesson for us is the importance of a good goalkeeper - look at the sides at the bottom and they all had issues there except Forest with the signing of Navas. Think he was crucial to their survival. 

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

He'll want to but I don't think he'll get a job.

Some of the teams who did well this season could struggle next. I have a hunch Brighton will struggle (their squad is going to get raided), and if Brentford lose Toney they are a bit of poor form away from struggling. Then you have Fulham and Bournemouth who are going to struggle to maintain this season success. 

There are going to be managerial casualties next season as much as this. Plenty of opportunists for someone like Cooper to get the next PL job during the year. If Forest do pull the plug, the best thing to do it wait and not rush the next job. 

8 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Their owners know that removing Cooper will be poisonous for them, however ridiculous they are. 

The fact that Forest got so close to trouble having spent so much is an underachievement.

But when you sign that many players, you just need a few to come good. 

No place for sentimentality in Football. If Forest aim was just to survive this year then that job done. But we have seen clubs change things when its 'job done' and they are desperate to kick on to the next level. Cooper has shown no signs that he can do that yet.  The fans won't give a crap if a new manager comes in and wins their first few matches next season.

Edited by Chelmofox

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

No place for sentimentality in Football. If Forest aim was just to survive this year then that job done. But we have seen clubs change things when it 'job done'. The fans won't give a crap if a new manager comes in and wins their first few matches next season.

Fair point, but at this stage, having kept them up, don’t see him leaving unless they start the next season poorly. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

1 hour ago, foxgas said:

The Greek bloke will probably sack Cooper for not winning the league, I think he could do a rebuild job.

...no way, he took too long to sort a system out and put together a team!!!

Total underachievement for the season, we will leave him there thank you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

I would definitely be asking potter again. It’s a great project for someone, just depends on if he wants to wait for another job. No pressure at Leicester because it’s a rebuild job. 

love your optimism but i think theres no chance, if he failed here his career would be over, he would be expecting a mid table PL club at least

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

To be fair, when has that ever worked? How many times historically has a manager left a small club with a modest budget and succeeded at a bigger club, especially at championship level? The pressure to get it right with us will now be immense and going from Luton or Cov to us would be a bad move. It would be the same as Potter to Chelsea…..

Fair point. Who do you fancy? 

6 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

love your optimism but i think theres no chance, if he failed here his career would be over, he would be expecting a mid table PL club at least

He'd be hoping for a Palace or even Forest placement. Shows how we've slumped.

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...why not shoot for the moon, short term safety first measures are not going to get us anywhere!!!

At least make the enquiry, lay out your vision and see if he buys into it. 

We paid Rodgers about £10m a season, we are never going to offer that amount again, but a £5m a year contract and the ability to rebuild (literally putting together his own team) would be something a manager would consider.

He’s in the champions league next season. When you weigh it up and links with premier league clubs as well the chance of him taking us in the championship are less than slim.

9 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I’m not doubting what he wants but when that chance comes on a mid table team he could of been out of work 8/9 month that’s really not ideal for him.

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Not Smith. 

Not saying I'd want him but he'll be in the running just from being here already. He'd have more to work with next year because a good chunk of this squad won't be here in August (I think I said that last season too 🙄) and he can start afresh.

1 minute ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Not playing Saturdays 12.30, 17.30 or 8pm

sundays 12.30, 14.00, 16.30, 17.30, 18.00. 
Mondays 20.00

Wrong thread but with 100 extra Championship games on TV next season and the fact we didn't have a 3pm kick off after February the last time we were down there, don't expect "normal" kick offs.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Not playing Saturdays 12.30, 17.30 or 8pm

sundays 12.30, 14.00, 16.30, 17.30, 18.00. 
Mondays 20.00

Till next season under Sky EFL TV deal. Another reason to get back up ASAP.

think Potter could be another good choice, but it all depends on if he'd want to come, certainly would be a rebuild job

the club needs a massive debrief after the shambles of this season and last 18months

need to get back to our routes which made us successful