Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

10 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Forgetting about what he did at Molde, hes an absolutely rancid manager.

I think both are rancid. 

Rudkin and Top have looked up the definition of double down havent they? 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

I think both are rancid. 

Rudkin and Top have looked up the definition of double down havent they? 

I genuinely have no idea what is going on.

Surely this is an experiment designed to see how much the most placid fan base in football can be pushed till it cracks.

3 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Tom Collomosse doesn’t have an inside link with the club. He’s basically just rehashed all names that have been linked with us. Unless it comes from John Percy I’d take anything from the media with a pinch of salt.

For what it’s worth, I still think it’s gonna be Maresca. He’s the name I’ve heard most in chatter, speaks multiple languages fluently, has experience working with and promoting youth and comes endorsed by one of the greatest managers of all time - Pep doesn’t work with just anyone. 

Exactly this. He's probably just looked at who's ahead in the betting and taken the names from there, trying to make the most of his one insight that the board want to make a decision this week. 

• Like 1

The training center and facilities will be a big draw for Enzo.  He's at Manchester City which i'm sure has high end sports science, training facilities, training spaces etc.   He will want a working environment of what he used to.

The one thing I think to point out is he's used to working with the best available and highest calibre of players at Man City, and obviously if he joins us that won't be the case.  Footballers are all professionals at this level yes, but i'm certain it's easier to coach and train higher caliber players.  Because of his lack of experience with lower level players it is a bit of a concern for me.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Tom Collomosse doesn’t have an inside link with the club. He’s basically just rehashed all names that have been linked with us. Unless it comes from John Percy I’d take anything from the media with a pinch of salt.

For what it’s worth, I still think it’s gonna be Maresca. He’s the name I’ve heard most in chatter, speaks multiple languages fluently, has experience working with and promoting youth and comes endorsed by one of the greatest managers of all time - Pep doesn’t work with just anyone. 

Percy has no inside scoop from our club, the paper he writes for have confirmed as much by stating we are one of, if not the most secretive club in the country. Percy will get his information from agents and associates, there's not a chance he's the clubs voice.

• Like 3

Guest Mee-9
5 minutes ago, 420Hashish said:

So you're saying he can't do it on a cold, rainy night in Stoke

Never play Dinamo Moscow in Winter. 

3 minutes ago, Molson Canadian said:

The training center and facilities will be a big draw for Enzo.  He's at Manchester City which i'm sure has high end sports science, training facilities, training spaces etc.   He will want a working environment of what he used to.

The one thing I think to point out is he's used to working with the best available and highest calibre of players at Man City, and obviously if he joins us that won't be the case.  Footballers are all professionals at this level yes, but i'm certain it's easier to coach and train higher caliber players.  Because of his lack of experience with lower level players it is a bit of a concern for me.

Reflecting on his stint at Parma, Maresca said: "Managing in Italian football is difficult. But I am sure of one thing, I will be back as a manager one day.

Genuine question but how many board members are there? How many people actually have a say in these decisions? Top and Rudkin obv...Whelan? Family members? Board members? 

Because it seems like there are too many voices, which too many different opinions and its making decisions drag out. Unfortunately Top doesn't appear to have it in him to take this under advisement but then say " this is what we are doing"

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

Genuine question but how many board members are there? How many people actually have a say in these decisions? Top and Rudkin obv...Whelan? Family members? Board members? 

Because it seems like there are too many voices, which too many different opinions and its making decisions drag out. Unfortunately Top doesn't appear to have it in him to take this under advisement but then say " this is what we are doing"

Ding ! Ding! We have a winner