Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

I actually think it will be someone that the club believe if a “safe” pair of hands, rather than someone that will revolutionise how we operate. They’ll want someone that adopts a pragmatic approach, which bizarrely fits Smith in my opinion. 

Still bizarre that we’ve release no comms on them leaving, however our comms have been dreadful for a while. 

For all we know, he could have been given the job and they’re cracking non in the background. 

1 minute ago, Sly said:

I actually think it will be someone that the club believe if a “safe” pair of hands, rather than someone that will revolutionise how we operate. They’ll want someone that adopts a pragmatic approach, which bizarrely fits Smith in my opinion. 

Still bizarre that we’ve release no comms on them leaving, however our comms have been dreadful for a while. 

For all we know, he could have been given the job and they’re cracking non in the background. 

I was just thinking the same thing if Enzo rejects it will be Smith, I think Hutter has already rejected us.

Guest nathan.
12 minutes ago, Sly said:

Thats a good point.

Have DS,JT & CS even left?

At this point, I have to think that if Dean Smith has any dignity/self respect, I have to believe he withdraws his name from consideration of this train wreck. He interviewed back in April, basically had a working interview for a month and a half, and has been available since the season ended over two weeks ago. What more could the board need to know if he’s their guy? 
Does anyone, staffer, player, supporter, etc. really want a manager in this situation that’s just been left out in limbo for so long? 

For that reason alone, I absolutely don’t want any part of him. His agent really ought to have floated his name out as a candidate for some other openings as well, because the poor guy just looks kind of pathetic at this point. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ConnFoxUS said:

At this point, I have to think that if Dean Smith has any dignity/self respect, I have to believe he withdraws his name from consideration of this train wreck. He interviewed back in April, basically had a working interview for a month and a half, and has been available since the season ended over two weeks ago. What more could the board need to know if he’s their guy? 
Does anyone, staffer, player, supporter, etc. really want a manager in this situation that’s just been left out in limbo for so long? 

For that reason alone, I absolutely don’t want any part of him. His agent really ought to have floated his name out as a candidate for some other openings as well, because the poor guy just looks kind of pathetic at this point. 

He’s clearly not their number one choice. But you never reject a reserve candidate until your first choice(s) have rejected you - you might have to go back to them. Anybody who’s been involved in a recruitment process understands this. 

Should have had a shortlist at the same time Deano was appointed, should have re-visited that shortlist at regular intervals as part of a succession planning process.

I've seen non league sides operate better with volunteers. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Tom Collomosse doesn’t have an inside link with the club. He’s basically just rehashed all names that have been linked with us. Unless it comes from John Percy I’d take anything from the media with a pinch of salt.

For what it’s worth, I still think it’s gonna be Maresca. He’s the name I’ve heard most in chatter, speaks multiple languages fluently, has experience working with and promoting youth and comes endorsed by one of the greatest managers of all time - Pep doesn’t work with just anyone

Domènec Torrent Sacked from every job since as a manager 

Edited by HankMarvin

6 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

He’s clearly not their number one choice. But you never reject a reserve candidate until your first choice(s) have rejected you - you might have to go back to them. Anybody who’s been involved in a recruitment process understands this. 

I understand that. You’re not understanding what I wrote. Obviously LCFC will hold on to all reserve options as long as possible, until a manager is chosen.  But given the way this has gone on, it’s bananas for Smith to still be sitting around waiting for a maybe appointment in this manner. Quality people who know their worth don’t do that. If I’m Smith, I’ve already told Rudkin to kindly screw, and I await my next opportunity at a club that actually wants me. Because, contrary to all the fluff on this board, the head gig at LCFC right now isn’t all that and a bag of crisps (hence the less than exciting candidate pool) and I’m certainly not going to let them jerk me around like this to potentially not get the job, which only looks worse for other clubs down the road that may want to hire me at some point. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

That’s the clubs stance.

What about the self respect of the man?

Lingering around, whilst you have had a chance to prove yourself and effectively had one foot in the door. 
I believe he said he had a contract until the end of the season.

Clearly there are no other options for Smith, as he or the Club would’ve come to a decision in the last 2 weeks as opposed to “assessing their options”.

Would you be happy taking a role knowing that it’s only because other options have rejected chance to take the position.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

That’s the clubs stance.

What about the self respect of the man?

Lingering around, whilst you have had a chance to prove yourself and effectively had one foot in the door. 
I believe he said he had a contract until the end of the season.

Clearly there are no other options for Smith, as he or the Club would’ve come to a decision in the last 2 weeks as opposed to “assessing their options”.

Would you be happy taking a role knowing that it’s only because other options have rejected chance to take the position.

Well it’s no worse than Fraud Rodgers going back to Celtic with his Maggot between his legs. 

14 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Well it’s no worse than Fraud Rodgers going back to Celtic with his Maggot between his legs. 

To a certain extent you can’t blame him, it’s the best job he can get. 
That said having been at the club since April 11th you would think the players wouldve all been backing a manager that was a breath of fresh air and inspiring them in the hope that they can continue to work under him and the decision would’ve been an easy one. Clearly that’s not been the case. 

4 hours ago, ConnFoxUS said:

I understand that. You’re not understanding what I wrote. Obviously LCFC will hold on to all reserve options as long as possible, until a manager is chosen.  But given the way this has gone on, it’s bananas for Smith to still be sitting around waiting for a maybe appointment in this manner. Quality people who know their worth don’t do that. If I’m Smith, I’ve already told Rudkin to kindly screw, and I await my next opportunity at a club that actually wants me. Because, contrary to all the fluff on this board, the head gig at LCFC right now isn’t all that and a bag of crisps (hence the less than exciting candidate pool) and I’m certainly not going to let them jerk me around like this to potentially not get the job, which only looks worse for other clubs down the road that may want to hire me at some point. 

I agree totally. 

5 hours ago, SK3Blue said:

Should have had a shortlist at the same time Deano was appointed, should have re-visited that shortlist at regular intervals as part of a succession planning process.

I've seen non league sides operate better with volunteers. 

The closest Rudkin has come to Succession planning is to work out what to watch on Sky now the series has finished.