Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

its going to be the most unwhelming appointment in the cluib history, i think some are expecting some huge prospect, but itl just be smith getting a new 1 season deal. Then LCFC will do the really cringe like marketing video, just like the one on tete... and the stupid media questions about, why they signed this deal and what do they think of Leicester as a city... especially Braunstone and all its culture :devil:

Edited by Simoken
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Yes it should. But a lot of stuff can happen in 8 weeks, targets get promoted and no longer are available, managers no longer want to move, targets have agreements before we even know what league we're in etc. 

In terms of top, I think it's being overly harsh. Huge businesses take a long time to turn around, I'm sure we all agree he should have sacked Rodgers sooner, but I do understand his reasoning, even if I don't agree with it. 

You can make changes in fitness and in recruitment and you might have no idea if those changes are successful for 6-18 months. 

From a recruitment side of things sure, you can't plan perfectly until you know which budget you're working from, but I'm pretty sure the prep work Ric is talking about is this:

52 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Could also be that we're being asked to guarantee budgets etc, and it's taking a while to crunch all the numbers and figure out how much we can spend. New set of FFP rules to comply with, new wages, staff cutbacks, player sales etc etc. 

The moment relegation was a serious possibility, the club should have been drawing up two budgets, one based on survival, one based on relegation. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Dull and Boring? What on earth do you consider exciting then? 

Guardiolas teams are expected to be comfortable in possession and capable of pulling apart low blocks, but it's a a high intensity style of play with a focus on counter pressing high up the pitch. It's a great blend of pressing football and possession football, basically what we played a budget version of in autumn 2019. It isn't the suicide by a thousand passes that Rodgers reverted to

Someone said I’m here a few days ago that our fans would moan if we hired pep, people laughed at him….

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

The day we all get utterly deflated by announcing some more depressing news that we've appointed the likes of fvcking Scott Parker you mean? 😂

Tbf, a lot of us were deflated by the appointment of Ranieri and excited to appoint SGE.

22 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Personally think it is. It’s really dull anyway. I couldn’t watch Man City every week if I supported them!

lol They've just won the treble while scoring over 150 goals.

You're talking out of your arse John. They play the best football in the world and Pep's team always has.

Best manager to have lived IMO.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, weller54 said:

The day we all get utterly deflated by announcing some more depressing news that we've appointed the likes of fvcking Scott Parker you mean? 😂

I’m not a fan of him but fair play to him for getting 2 promotions. I think it could be Enzo 

10 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Another clubs inefficiency shouldn’t excuse our own 

In the EFL, I believe there are 4 clubs since the end of May who have vacancies, none have hired. Those that have hired finished / had their manager leave a full month before.

Palace too in the PL have not hired. Only Spurs and Chelsea have from the known (important...) 6 available of Chelsea, Spurs, Palace, Leicester, Southampton and Leeds. At least Southampton and Leeds announced their manager departures at least.

We should start to see it this week, if not next week for all. It's very possible we've offered the job to someone, and his team, with other clubs also offering a job. We will get a better idea when we announce Dean Smith has left. Which will only happen if someone has accepted an offer. Smith could very well be on the list as 5th choice or something, he certainly wasn't 1st choice after Rodgers.

1 hour ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Leeds haven't appointed anyone either, this is a big decision, can we get a little perspective or na because it's FT

And Southampton also haven't appointed. All the talk about Russell Martin has come to nothing - with the "difficulties" about the terms of his contract seemingly stumping that move. Of course, the fact that Martin has (apprently) pulled the plug on Southampton, could mean he's on our list. We did have links to him when Bilbo left.

6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

You're talking out of your arse John. They play the best football in the world and Pep's team always has.

Doesn’t mean I have to enjoy watching it! 

Maybe my opinion is based on the fact I only really watch them when we play them and I find it dull as we don’t get a look in and it’s just all their possession. I’m not saying that doesn’t make them the best team in the world right now, but I personally don’t enjoy watching them play! 

Personally I loved our 2016 style and nothing will beat that for me. 

And even in the Premier League era, I’d put him behind SAF. I’m sure you’ll tell me my opinion is wrong there as well despite it being an opinion….

Edited by LCFCJohn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Come on that’s bullshit my mum could coach that team , I get really pissed of when they give these sides all the what a team if we had there money then we would be there . Untill there is a level playing field for all to compete than I can’t say pep is the best he has only had teams with unlimited funds , get him to come and drag us out of the championship with limited funds then I will call him a great coach 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RedSoxUK said:

In the EFL, I believe there are 4 clubs since the end of May who have vacancies, none have hired. Those that have hired finished / had their manager leave a full month before.

Palace too in the PL have not hired. Only Spurs and Chelsea have from the known (important...) 6 available of Chelsea, Spurs, Palace, Leicester, Southampton and Leeds. At least Southampton and Leeds announced their manager departures at least.

We should start to see it this week, if not next week for all. It's very possible we've offered the job to someone, and his team, with other clubs also offering a job. We will get a better idea when we announce Dean Smith has left. Which will only happen if someone has accepted an offer. Smith could very well be on the list as 5th choice or something, he certainly wasn't 1st choice after Rodgers.

As I said their incompetence shouldn't affect us. Saints have their manager and they are awaiting for an arbitrary date to get him for reduced compensation. Both Huddersfield and Palace are very likely to keep their insitu managers in position. 

Given our disastrous this season is, I'd have fully expected two budgets developed in May for the differing divisions and at all times the clubs should have a list of managers it has admires at varying levels of the pyramid. Equally drawing up the transfer targets aligned with the expected budgets. 

This isn't innovative stuff - this is pretty standard succession planning and the sort of stuff which is included in master degrees around Sport Directorship. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

And Southampton also haven't appointed. All the talk about Russell Martin has come to nothing - with the "difficulties" about the terms of his contract seemingly stumping that move. Of course, the fact that Martin has (apprently) pulled the plug on Southampton, could mean he's on our list. We did have links to him when Bilbo left.

They are waiting for the day Southampton are officially defined as a EFL club and therefore they can use a reduced compensation clause in his Swansea contract. Swansea are already in the market for his replacement.