Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

5 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

They're obviously brilliant at keeping it regardless but what do people expect Man City to do when the majority of sides they play sit back and let them have the ball? Not have possession?

Whack it in the channel between the full back and centre back 

• Haha 2

2 and half weeks and no news from the club. The whole hierarchy needs changing, we need a new manager, we need 20+ players out the club and 20+ in. Where’s the strategy, where’s the people at the top showing that they can manage the situation? Everyone left in the dark. Doesn’t bode well for the start of the season does it

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Doesn’t mean I have to enjoy watching it! 

Maybe my opinion is based on the fact I only really watch them when we play them and I find it dull as we don’t get a look in and it’s just all their possession. I’m not saying that doesn’t make them the best team in the world right now, but I personally don’t enjoy watching them play! 

Personally I loved our 2016 style and nothing will beat that for me. 

And even in the Premier League era, I’d put him behind SAF. I’m sure you’ll tell me my opinion is wrong there as well despite it being an opinion….

Your opinion is wrong 

• Haha 1

I really hope it's not a case of us waiting on the ST renewal deadline to announce a manager that that they know will didapoint the fans. 

I don't want to believe that we have so little regard for our supporters but if we announce someone like Parker or Smith at 5pm today then I'll truly believe that, that's exactly what they've done. 

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It will be Enzo Maresca or Adi Hutter.

I struggle with the notion that the club would wait all this time just to give it to Parker over Smith. Both of those feel the same type of appointment - highly likely to get us promoted but dull and uninspiring.  I'm pretty certain Smith was available, so why hold out several weeks for Parker?

Only logical thing in my head is that they have an feeling a left field appointment was possible, but take a bit more time to secure. In the event that this appointment didn't work out, Smith is the fall back but they needed another fallback in the event that Smith threw in the towel at some point (which bearing in mind he took the last 8 games and has been left waiting, is highly likely). If Smith says no, then Parker is the fall back.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

If we do just give it Smith the club are almost definitely using a hashtag like #WeGoAgain

And there'll be a super slow motion dimly lit video of him walking around the stadium before he's revealed in the changing room to accompany it

There will be a slow motion video of Smith walking down a long corridor at the KP. On the walls of the corridor there will be portraits of Graham Potter, Steven Gerrard, Scott Parker, Kieran McKenna, Adi Hutter, etc. The soundrack will be commentary of our goals against Wolves and West Ham. When he reaches the end of the corridor, Smith will turn around and flick the Vs with both hands and the portraits he's just walked past, before turning back around and heading out onto the pitch, at which point it will fade to black and the audio will fade into Dr Dre's 'The Next Episode'. 

It will win next season's 'Best Manager Reveal Video' prize at the annual Football Marketing Awards and it will be the only thing we win next season.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Filberts lovechild said:

2 and half weeks and no news from the club. The whole hierarchy needs changing, we need a new manager, we need 20+ players out the club and 20+ in. Where’s the strategy, where’s the people at the top showing that they can manage the situation? Everyone left in the dark. Doesn’t bode well for the start of the season does it

What exactly were you expecting to see from a Torquay hotel window ????

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Perhaps our current situation forces us to think about it. We aren't in the position to go for the lazy choice the board have heard of and just throwing the promise of Premier League football at them - at least for now.

We'll be looking at someone who can get us promoted and keep us back in the Premier League, so a builder is on the agenda.

Bob?

20 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

Come on that’s bullshit my mum could coach that team , I get really pissed of when they give these sides all the what a team if we had there money then we would be there . Untill there is a level playing field for all to compete than I can’t say pep is the best he has only had teams with unlimited funds , get him to come and drag us out of the championship with limited funds then I will call him a great coach 

Is your mum called Alex Ferguson?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

It's off topic but I think that Liverpool at their best under Klopp were far better to watch than Man City at any point under Guardiola. 

True, Wenger’s Arsenal were arguably better to watch than Ferguson’s United at their peak too

United/City both had the squad depth

2 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

We still aren’t giving up on him hahaha, he’ll be getting a restraining order at this rate

If we're still wanting him then either the clubs hierarchy still hasn't come to terms with the fact we're relegated or Potter hasn't given a categorical 100% no.

Hopefully it's the latter but it'll depend on how much control Potter wants because we've just come out of that sort of mess with Rodgers.

1 minute ago, LestaLad said:

We still aren’t giving up on him hahaha, he’ll be getting a restraining order at this rate

In his previous rejection emails he used expletives, but in his latest one he just said, "Please I'm begging you to just stop contacting me." We've interpreted this as a softening in his stance and are convinced he's on the brink of agreeing to a five-year contract.

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Filberts lovechild said:

20 players 😂

3 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Not going to derail this thread any more but the notion that one of the best managers ever isn't that because they haven't got Harrogate out the bloody Vanarama or some shit is so thick

Yeah, it's like claiming that Picasso wasn't a genius because you've never seen him play Pictionary. 

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Dull and Boring? What on earth do you consider exciting then? 

Guardiolas teams are expected to be comfortable in possession and capable of pulling apart low blocks, but it's a a high intensity style of play with a focus on counter pressing high up the pitch. It's a great blend of pressing football and possession football, basically what we played a budget version of in autumn 2019. It isn't the suicide by a thousand passes that Rodgers reverted to

Not every assistant that works under pep automatically becomes a great manager, I’d say it was imperative that whoever is appointed knows how to get out the division.