Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Not every assistant that works under pep automatically becomes a great manager, I’d say it was imperative that whoever is appointed knows how to get out the division.

Well no, fortunately I never said anything to the contrary, I was disputing the ridiculous assertion that Man City play dull football because teams sit back and they don't just do a big up and under in response

4 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Not every assistant that works under pep automatically becomes a great manager, I’d say it was imperative that whoever is appointed knows how to get out the division.

I don’t think having history of getting promoted is that important. Out of the last 6 managers to get promoted to the prem only one had a previous promotion. Scott Parker. 

6 minutes ago, Dusty said:

I don’t think having history of getting promoted is that important. Out of the last 6 managers to get promoted to the prem only one had a previous promotion. Scott Parker. 

Yeah, it's literally about appointing a manager that can win us enough games to get us promoted. They don't necessarily need experience of getting promoted, they just need to know how to win games with the players we have. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Experience of the Championship, just because you haven’t been promoted doesn’t mean you don’t know what it takes.

Out the last 6 promoted and play offs finalists 

Paul Heckingbottom

Edwards (had a short spell at Watford)

Robins 

Parker

Cooper 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox1norfolk said:

Don’t expect to replicate Man City because they have a massive squad of technically brilliant plays, we don’t !

You say that, but if you can play an expansive brand of football effectively in the championship, a lot of teams can't live with you. Norwich were promoted twice under Farke playing an expansive brand of football with some pretty average footballers. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, coalvillefox said:

We won the league doing that

I don't think we did win the league hitting it in the channels and to say that, actually does our team a great dis-service. 

We won the league getting the ball very successfully from one half of the pitch to the other. But that often involved using Kante's ball transfer skills, Mahrez's agility and Albrighton's accuracy in crossing. Very rarely did the ball go from one of the full backs be punted down the line. We'd more likely to slip a pass behind a high lined defence but this would be a cute reserve pass or a counter attack. 

Secondarily, we played that way because teams disastrously chose to play high lines on us - Vardy and Mahrez could exploit with their pace in behind. Man City don't have that luxury - every team sits deep on them. So they have to keep the ball and get the tempo high to get opposition out of position. 

• Like 3

Don't know if it's been mentioned already, but apparently we've still not given up on Potter?

https://talksport.com/football/1460499/transfer-notebook-man-utd-newcastle-leeds-west-ham/

TalkSPORT understands the Foxes have not given up hope of tempting Graham Potter to drop down a division. Potter rejected an approach from the Foxes in the immediate aftermath of his Chelsea sacking.