Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

Our pursuit of Potter is starting to feel like the scene in Friends when Ross meets Isabelle Rosselini.

Rudkin: "Graham, wait, don't just dismiss this so fast. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity"

Potter: "Yeah, for you!"

• Haha 1

Just now, brookfox said:

Our pursuit of Potter is starting to feel like the scene in Friends when Ross meets Isabelle Rosselini.

Rudkin: "Graham, wait, don't just dismiss this so fast. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity"

Potter: "Yeah, for you!"

Rudkin "How about a pre-season tour to Vegas"

39 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd agree with all of that if there was one iota of evidence that the club are attempting to correct the catastrophic failures they've been guilty of. They aren't, unless they truly believe all of this has been caused by Brendan and the staff he had a big say in coming in such as Lee Congerton and Bryan English.

I'm a critic of the latter part of Rodgers tenure as everyone will very well know but I lay the majority of the blame directly at the board and owners door for allowing it to continue whilst also no longer backing him financially either.

Rudkin and Co are seemingly not performance measured because if they were then I have to ask ro what degree do we have to plummet to before Top would say enough is enough with some of them? It's beggars belief.

But despite all of the anger about the way the club has been ran in the last few years and the horrendous mismanagement of player contracts and recruitment in and out, if Top cannot see that Jon Rudkin having essentially 4 jobs under the King Power corporation and that in light of the worst implosion in Premier League history still isn't enough to think their eye has been taken off the ball then this is where my patience and sympathy run out.

Bollocks 

Don't we all think a massive part of this has been caused by him and the people he brought in? We've changed head of recruitment, we've changed the medical team and now we've changed manager. 

48 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

Don’t expect to replicate Man City because they have a massive squad of technically brilliant plays, we don’t !

Equally the Championship opponents we’ll be facing are of lower standard too

Longer no manager is in charge, likely we're missing out on transfers. Don't look great on players that are uncertain if to stay or not. No gaffer to convince them stay, Barnes for example West Ham or Villa ringing his phone "We'll offer 70k a week, premier league football as well a european tour, plus regular football to get you back in the england squad ahead of the euros", Leicester... nothing other than "20% discounts in the club shop" 

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Don't we all think a massive part of this has been caused by him and the people he brought in? We've changed head of recruitment, we've changed the medical team and now we've changed manager. 

Nearly all the elements other than the DOF. Even Rudkin must be seeing his list of scapegoats reducing 

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

Presumably because his agent has not given us a final 'no'. 

Has anyone read that Potters agent is also Rogers, I just don't get it. There isn't anyone they can announce who I'd be excited by. Potters ceiling is probably mid premiership, we could probably get a good candidate to get us 15th or 16th in prem. The difference for me is minimal.

I really am not buying the continued Potter links. It's either a yes or a no from him, and I see no reason why he wouldn't have given a clear answer weeks ago. 

The others we've been linked with all have reasons to wait.

I'm wondering if we're Maresca's second choice, but Celtic want Brendan over him.

I think that when Celtic announce their manager, no matter who it is, the dominoes will fall and we'll announce either Maresca or whoever our second choice is, hopefully Hutter.

Edited by Verumex

In regards to Potter, what I thin has happened is....

We were in for him at one point. The press got hold of this information and since they've not heard anything about any other target since, they keep going back to that story.

• Like 1