Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

You’re gonna be in for a shock when Dave Prutton introduces our Friday night visit to the Hawthorns

No I agree with Tuna - we have an excellent training ground. Still plans to improve the stadium. We not going to loose all of our players. We’re in a great position to re-build. I am biased and I do have a positive mindset on my club, but I am also aware this was a massive wake up call for us. I believe given our history, we will fix this and be back to our best given we make the correct decisions in the short term. 

1 minute ago, JayT - Always A Fox! said:

No I agree with Tuna - we have an excellent training ground. Still plans to improve the stadium. We not going to loose all of our players. We’re in a great position to re-build. I am biased and I do have a positive mindset on my club, but I am also aware this was a massive wake up call for us. I believe given our history, we will fix this and be back to our best given we make the correct decisions in the short term. 

you agree with him that we are an established premier league club?

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

It must be tempting though.  Almost a blank sheet to start with so he can bring his own type of player in along with the biggest budget (probably by some distance) in the Championship.  Most of the reason that he failed at Chelsea was because Bohley was playing football manager and signing everyone he could.  We may have to offer him a big say in which players come in.  I am not too sure Rudkin would be happy with that scenario.

I’m sure I speak on behalf of many when I say I couldn’t give a frogs fat arse about how he feels after what he’s done.

5 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

One name that hasn't been mentioned that likely be linked is Michael Appleton, briefly managed us before shortly after Shakey services were no longer required. He's actually got a 100% management record with the foxes.. well won 2 out of 2. Not sure he'd been the man for us, but he might be on Rudkin's list. Plus Appleton may have applied. 

Also I believe he's last game in charge was 4-1 win for Blackpool against Forest... see he may already be popular :D

A1AEE607-8C71-448E-86FB-346A08B71277.gif.8a64b235da5aba306cffbcb94e326d08.gif

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

The reality still hasn't hit for some has it?

It really hasn’t. 

This ownership could set us back years and when I set us back, to a position worse than where we were before the previous ownership structure under Vichai. Neglect and business never ends well.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ramaiya2 said:

How has no one been signed yet.

Why sign players if the manager you appoint doesn’t approve / want that player. 

Need to sort out the manager spot, and then get them to focus on what’s needed, when we’ve established who’s going, and how much we have. 

Signing people for the sake of it, is just poor business 

Just now, Trelleh said:

I’m sure I speak on behalf of many when I say I couldn’t give a frogs fat arse about how he feels after what he’s done.

I agree, but ultimately he isn't going anywhere and his ego will not see him relinquish anything resembling true power.  That there is as big a stumbling block as money etc.

8 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

One name that hasn't been mentioned that likely be linked is Michael Appleton, briefly managed us before shortly after Shakey services were no longer required. He's actually got a 100% management record with the foxes.. well won 2 out of 2.

So had Stowell and Sadler until they didn't...

4 minutes ago, JayT - Always A Fox! said:

No, as we’re in the championship. But we do have all the foundations of a premier league club, do you not agree? 

We had them, then we squandered them. Now we're Championship also-rans again.

The sooner people accept that situation, the sooner we can get back to rebuilding our club and re-establishing everything that's been lost through the awful mismanagement of recent years.

• Like 3

Speaking to my Dad a few weeks back and he suggested offering the job to JT.

I know he's unproven at this stage as a manager and we might want someone with a track record but he's a highly rated coach and he'll knows the players/staff. I thought this was an interesting suggestion and might be worth a go if there are no other options...

16 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

The reality still hasn't hit for some has it?

Yup, really hasn't sunk in for me.

Avoiding pretty much all conversations about football minus on here to try and take a break from it.

Did come in handy the other day avoiding explaining to my gf's mum about rivalries lol

Edited by UniFox21

Guest Mee-9

A big mess up is the fact that the appointment of a new manager could be used as a marketing tool for getting a few more renewals.