Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

Just now, Mee-9 said:

A big mess up is the fact that the appointment of a new manager could be used as a marketing tool for getting a few more renewals.

Or put a few more off! lollol either way, I'll be there. ST renewed and Physical Card chosen ;) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mee-9 said:

A big mess up is the fact that the appointment of a new manager could be used as a marketing tool for getting a few more renewals.

Apparently only around 900 haven’t renewed, and they will very likely all be replaced by new season ticket holders.

13 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Can we ban anyone who honestly thinks Ole would be a good choice?

Do I think that he would be a good choice for us to try and get us promoted? No. 

However, I actually don't think his tenure overall at Man United was THAT bad. He got far more stick at the time than Lampard did at Chelsea and he did a far better job. In two full seasons he finished third and second and got to a Europa League final losing on penalties. I accept that doesn't tell anywhere the full story and expect pelters for it, but I don' think he actually to be the butt of a joke as much as he has been. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

I agree, but ultimately he isn't going anywhere and his ego will not see him relinquish anything resembling true power.  That there is as big a stumbling block as money etc.

I honestly think if he could get away without having to actually do anything, he'd love it. He hasn't got a scooby - this managerial appointment process must be doing his head in because he actually has to interview people and make decisions. He's one of those classic 'leaders' who likes to do **** all, takes credit for success, and blames everyone else for failure.

8 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

I honestly think if he could get away without having to actually do anything, he'd love it. He hasn't got a scooby - this managerial appointment process must be doing his head in because he actually has to interview people and make decisions. He's one of those classic 'leaders' who likes to do **** all, takes credit for success, and blames everyone else for failure.

I honestly think his ego will have him believe that he knows better than the manager which players to sign.  I can not see Potter wanting to work like that after Chelsea.

3 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

There's a chap on Twitter who seems very confident that Parker is a done deal. I can't post tweet unfortunately.

He’s so annoying 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rusko187 said:

There's a chap on Twitter who seems very confident that Parker is a done deal. I can't post tweet unfortunately.

I think I know who you mean. He claimed it was done a couple of days ago but then backtracked last night. He's now claiming it's done again. I hope he's wrong.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

He knows as much as me. Nothing unfortunately

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Have you been down that hole Saddam Hussein hid down for the last few years? Our club is nigh on incapable of working on multiple deals in and out at once. A turnover of 20+ players in a few months will be hell on earth.

Just trying to find silver linings mate!

I’ll be moaning again in a few weeks I’m sure lol 

22 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

The sneaky willy pullers automatically renew you if you are on DD. 

Missed the email and had to ring them 

Yeh I noticed that. I was renewing anyway, but didn’t they remove the automatic renewal for a few years before hand? lol