Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

I wouldn't like Shakey to be offered the job. It didn't work when he replaced Ranieri, and he does seem to be a natural No. 2. He was respected by the players and it would be good to have him around at least until the new management team, whoever it is, is fully up to speed before the new season. I wasn't excited by Smith coming here but I really think that if Top had dismissed Bodgers with 15 matches left rather than 8, Smith, Shakespeare and Terry would have kept us up. The continuity with the success in the past might also clear the way to get rid of Sadler and Stowell, who many people seem to think are stealing a living.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fuch Me Moore said:

I am genuinely shocked when people talk about Pearson coming back. 

Why would that be? Did it go horribly wrong last time? Doesn't he know anything about the FLC? Can't he win a promotion or rebuild a squad properly? Would a return to doing things how we used to do them when we were successful be so awful?

There are good options to rival him, though I doubt we'll appoint the best of them. And I could easily imagine it not working out if he did return, as I could with any of the alternatives. But, unless you'd lump for an unknown quantity (in which case fan opinions are kind of worthless), the aim would be to find pedigree. And surely he has it.

10 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I have a bet with you on that , £100 to charity of your choosing if they are in the top 2. If not you do the same to a charity of my choice? 

You want me to go 50/50 on something that is 20/1? I will politely decline.

The point is I can see them having a better start than us. Pearson bring unity, a direction, good team spirit.

Menawhile, Parking won 2 games with Club Brugge and Marchesa got sacked from Parma from failing to get them promoted.

it’ll be like when we appointed Sousa… a shambles. Then we eventually went back to Pearson Anyway

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fuch Me Moore said:

I am genuinely shocked when people talk about Pearson coming back. 

Why though?

As opposed to Parker, Smith, Marchesa? 

I am genuinely shocked when people are so opposed to him returning 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Rodgers did far worse. Publicly said the club couldn't and wouldn't compete. Deliberately refused to use his whole squad and didn't play his best players. Got us relegated. 

Yes, but by that point he’d proven he was a serious manager. We played the best football I've ever seen a Leicester side play. 5th, 5th and 8th. It wasn’t perfect, red flags in there but you can just about understand why they let him mug them off for so long last season. Tanner said they believed he was the best manager we could ever attract and again I can see why they thought that. Hindsight now tells them otherwise. 

Parker does not have credit in the bank with Leicester like Rodger’s did. He’s also shown many red flags, most are very similar to Brendan’s. We’ve just been stung hard from the fall out of that, so why make the same mistake twice. I don’t believe they want him but I’m probably wrong. 

Edited by Levi Port

18 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Very unlikely. Pearson building a decent team slowly and steadily. Bristol City fans a lot more optimistic about the new season than us, speaks volumes IMO.

17 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I have a bet with you on that , £100 to charity of your choosing if they are in the top 2. If not you do the same to a charity of my choice? 

I'll have a bet they won't be near the top 6 come the end of the season as well.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Menawhile, Parking won 2 games with Club Brugge and Marchesa got sacked from Parma from failing to get them promoted.

And Pearson similarly failed at Leuven. Parker also has more Championship promotions than Pearson. I'm not advocating Parker by the way, nor would I be totally against a Pearson return. Just saying that you've got to look at the full body of work.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Rodgers did far worse. Publicly said the club couldn't and wouldn't compete. Deliberately refused to use his whole squad and didn't play his best players. Got us relegated. 

'deliberate' lol what hateful delusion do you live in.

9 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

You want me to go 50/50 on something that is 20/1? I will politely decline.

The point is I can see them having a better start than us. Pearson bring unity, a direction, good team spirit.

it’ll be like when we appointed Sousa… a shambles. Then we eventually went back to Pearson Anyway

You seemed really confident.

No you said they would be 2nd not have a better start.

Anyway, so how many more points do you expect them to have then us after 10 games? 

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

You seemed really confident.

No you said they would be 2nd not have a better start.

Anyway, so how many more points do you expect them to have then us after 10 games? 

We’ll have to see how it pans out. To be fair Pearson has a handicap with Bristol City as he has to sell theirs best players. They sold Semenyo in Jan for 10mill and also losing Alex Scott for 25mill. 

In our current situation. Championship club, squad re-build needed I just don’t see anyone better than NP. I would however also like to see Shakey stay and Walsh return as it’s been an incredible formula for our success previously.

Edited by dylanlegend

I have a horrible feeling it will be Parker. It feels funny like our own board are against us, like there is someone pointing a gun to their head making these decisions. If there are any reservations about a manger at all he should not be hired. We all secretly know it will be smith or Parker and it’s very depressing. I really hope I’m wrong though. 

Just now, DezFox said:

I have a horrible feeling it will be Parker. It feels funny like our own board are against us, like there is someone pointing a gun to their head making these decisions. If there are any reservations about a manger at all he should not be hired. We all secretly know it will be smith or Parker and it’s very depressing. I really hope I’m wrong though. 

If it's Parker, it will just show that absolute poverty of imagination and talent we have at the top of the club. It would be such a horrendous appointment - at a time when we desperately need some excitement and positivity to make watching Leicester pleasurable, they'll have chosen a deeply unlikeable manager whose teams play rancid football and who falls out with everybody the moment anything goes wrong. The toxicity of the late Rodgers era will just continue. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

No such manager exists at Championship level. We'll never hire anyone if we did this.

All the managers in the world and there is no one that could at least convince the the board of success? 

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

We have a training ground which is fit for Real Madrid, Barcelona and Man City to share quite comfortably. We have plans to extend our stadium to a capacity we’d struggle to fill at our current level. Without the income to maintain both extravagant pieces of infrastructure.

Foundations ? We’ve lost our medical team, we lost many within our scouting team, we’ve lost our FD and recruited within (always ends well), we have no manager. We are about to lose our entire squad. Do not get me started on the capabilities of our board and in particular DOF. A struggling youth program.

So no, we don’t have the foundations of a premier league club and it’s naive to think we have and that many others in the PL are years above us and many in the championship are overtaking (if they haven’t already) regarding the other departments in our set up. 

But yeah, seagrave is big. 

I take your points and they are facts which I accept. We all know we needed a re-fresh, even Brendan said that this time last year. It’s took relagation for our board and owners to realise this mess. 

You are missing the point of our fantastic youth set up though, the fact we have done it correctly in the past with building our club gives me a lot of hope. Also, we are not going to loose all of our players, the ones that are left should be more than capable at competing at this level, Souttar, Justin, KDH to name a few…

Plus we should have a decent war chest to add to that and players WILL want to come here - something we could never really do before last time we were in this position. 

If I asked you to compare our club last time we were relegated from the Premier League to now - I’m pretty sure you would be a LOT more optimistic than back then? I certainly am, especially because of seagrave 😉 

14 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

We’ll have to see how it pans out. To be fair Pearson has a handicap with Bristol City as he has to sell theirs best players. They sold Semenyo in Jan for 10mill and also losing Alex Scott for 25mill. 

In our current situation. Championship club, squad re-build needed I just don’t see anyone better than NP. I would however also like to see Shakey stay and Walsh return as it’s been an incredible formula for our success previously.

Honestly after the season we have just had - the utter hate I have for Rodgers and not much better for the group of chancers we call players with the wages they are picking up and how much of a mess we currently are in from player turn around this summer to the state of the board and decisons that are or are not being made- Id take big Nige in an absolute heartbeat- you know exactly what you are getting- the absolutely ming fest of some of the names being mentioned is horrible- I want to feel something again- feel some link to the manager that you know is doing the best for the club and wont take any crap from anyone- I want to fall in love with what we are all about again-  id sign up to big Nige right now no problem- we would 100% be in that top 6 all year guarenteed and you could see how much it means again to them all- he would do that no doubt about it

Edited by jv1
  • Like 1