Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

3 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Patience is a virtue, apparently..

In which case we must be the most virtuous fanbase in the county. Absolute saints. 

Any other supporters would surrounding the crisp bowl with pitch forks by now.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

You want me to go 50/50 on something that is 20/1? I will politely decline.

The point is I can see them having a better start than us. Pearson bring unity, a direction, good team spirit.

Menawhile, Parking won 2 games with Club Brugge and Marchesa got sacked from Parma from failing to get them promoted.

it’ll be like when we appointed Sousa… a shambles. Then we eventually went back to Pearson Anyway

Maresca wasn’t sacked because he failed to get them promoted. He was sacked after 14 games, he wasn’t even given the chance to try and get them promoted.

29 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Why though?

As opposed to Parker, Smith, Marchesa? 

I am genuinely shocked when people are so opposed to him returning 

How many times have you seen a manager go back somewhere and replicate their initial 'success'? Of course it can happen but i am personally not convinced.

2 minutes ago, Fuch Me Moore said:

How many times have you seen a manager go back somewhere and replicate their initial 'success'? Of course it can happen but i am personally not convinced.

Well NFP was sacked by us twice and a success three times.

So there's that.

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Well there's Pep. Do you think he'd come?

Haha all I mean is there must be managers out there that get total buy in and have good ideas, don’t demonstrate toxic traits (like Parker) Feels like we are looking in a pool of 5 managers that are just happen to be ex pros and available. 

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

I’ve just been told, at some point over the next few weeks a manager WILL be appointed.

Next few weeks??

Nah thats way to soon, this is Leicester City, Jon Rudkin non other, 4 more weeks of pissing around then hire some dead beat nobody like Parker who is out of work before our important Asia tour. Perhaps we can get the 'stars' to stay until then.

This club is an asbolute shambles. 

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

I think that technically he was sacked 3 times. 

No only twice. He was never sacked during his first spell when he left us for Hull. Arguably forced out but not sacked.

Edited by Sampson

Here's a little puzzle for you.

Take the postcode of St James' Park.

Now add an ex Newcastle midfielder who made his name at Manchester United. 

And round it off with another ex Newcastle midfielder who was sacked by Bournemouth last season.

Add it all together and you have my view on our managerial situation.

• Haha 2

Looks to be between Parker and Meresca on the betting, unless KP have leaked all these stories to bump up the odds on Smith, got someone to put a huge bet on Smith, so we have some funds for the transfer window.

Edited by Beachyboy

Parker makes sense. 

Young, experience in the league, leader on and off the pitch, and has good contacts in the game. Also had the balls to go and try to manage abroad. 

Seems like a sensible appointment. 

Not sure what/who people on this forum think we can realistically attract. Parker the best of those out there in my view 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Haha all I mean is there must be managers out there that get total buy in and have good ideas, don’t demonstrate toxic traits (like Parker) Feels like we are looking in a pool of 5 managers that are just happen to be ex pros and available. 

There's only really McKenna who has yet to experience failure. But even he would bring some 'reservations' that would instantly rule him out if we go by your rules. Is he experienced enough? Can he cut it at a higher level? Eventually we're just going to have to hold our nose and go for someone.

46 minutes ago, Simoken said:

'deliberate' lol what hateful delusion do you live in.

What's the counter argument then?

Why did Ward play 26 times? Why was Soyuncu not used instead of Amartey? Why was Iheanacho not given more starts and minutes? Why didn't we play to Vardy's strengths? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shit_arse said:

Parker makes sense. 

Young, experience in the league, leader on and off the pitch, and has good contacts in the game. Also had the balls to go and try to manage abroad. 

Not sure what/who people on this forum think we can realistically attract. Parker the best of those out there in my view 

Have you not seen what fans of his previous teams have said? Basically a Poundland Brendan

3 minutes ago, Adster said:

Why do people seriously give a shit on the betting markets? It means the square root of fvck all lol

Because this country has a huge problem with gambling and it's become peoples source of news...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Shit_arse said:

Parker makes sense. 

I'd expect nothing less from our board (of the club that is)