Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

12 minutes ago, Shit_arse said:

Parker makes sense. 

Young, experience in the league, leader on and off the pitch, and has good contacts in the game. Also had the balls to go and try to manage abroad. 

Seems like a sensible appointment. 

Not sure what/who people on this forum think we can realistically attract. Parker the best of those out there in my view 

You and @Stinky should go head to head 

13 minutes ago, Shit_arse said:

Parker makes sense. 

Young, experience in the league, leader on and off the pitch, and has good contacts in the game. Also had the balls to go and try to manage abroad. 

Seems like a sensible appointment. 

Not sure what/who people on this forum think we can realistically attract. Parker the best of those out there in my view 

He is hated by the fans of the three clubs he's managed. All of them talk about horrendous football, bizarre selections and substitutions, and a toxic personality when the going gets tough. Too many red flags to ignore.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, JayT - Always A Fox! said:

I take your points and they are facts which I accept. We all know we needed a re-fresh, even Brendan said that this time last year. It’s took relagation for our board and owners to realise this mess. 

You are missing the point of our fantastic youth set up though, the fact we have done it correctly in the past with building our club gives me a lot of hope. Also, we are not going to loose all of our players, the ones that are left should be more than capable at competing at this level, Souttar, Justin, KDH to name a few…

Plus we should have a decent war chest to add to that and players WILL want to come here - something we could never really do before last time we were in this position. 

If I asked you to compare our club last time we were relegated from the Premier League to now - I’m pretty sure you would be a LOT more optimistic than back then? I certainly am, especially because of seagrave 😉 

Actually I’m not. I’ve supported us from the early 90s, we’ve had incompetent ownership, crazy ownership but this is the first time we’ve had outright negligent ownership. We are in such a position that we are stuck with it and for that reason, I can’t be optimistic. 

1 hour ago, dylanlegend said:

Very unlikely. Pearson building a decent team slowly and steadily. Bristol City fans a lot more optimistic about the new season than us, speaks volumes IMO.

Of course they are more optimistic we have just been relegated and are losing half our squad they may well be above us by the end of September, but there's a reason they have been in the championship so long.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

At least JT got the defence tighter if we do go for smith wonder if it includes Shakey & JT as well??

Did he? Obviously there's different ways of measuring a defence (xGA, chances conceded etc) but a quick & dirty analysis:

image.png.84c0aa7dc8c541ff363cfbb212bb43e3.png

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

He is hated by the fans of the three clubs he's managed. All of them talk about horrendous football, bizarre selections and substitutions, and a toxic personality when the going gets tough. Too many red flags to ignore.

Sounds like the last 12 months then

1 hour ago, dylanlegend said:

We appoint a second rate manager (Marseca / Parker) and be struggling to be in the top 10. Bristol City will be 2nd doing by really well by Christmas and then the board will come to their senses sack the useless shite who they’ve hired and finally bring Pearson home 

Yeah cos he'd obviously leave with us in 2nd... 🙄

2 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Did he? Obviously there's different ways of measuring a defence (xGA, chances conceded etc) but a quick & dirty analysis:

image.png.84c0aa7dc8c541ff363cfbb212bb43e3.png

I think you could’ve given Mourinho that defence and it would’ve ****ing leaked. What a bunch of shit players. I’m so mad 

2 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Yeah cos he'd obviously leave with us in 2nd... 🙄

Hypothetically… cos I’m interested to hear your opinion….

As a Bristol City fan would you take any of Parker, Marchesa, Smith, even potter over Pearson right now?  

Just now, dylanlegend said:

Hypothetically… cos I’m interested to hear your opinion….

As a Bristol City fan would you take any of Parker, Marchesa, Smith, even potter over Pearson right now?  

I honestly wouldn't take anyone over Pearson right now.

The job he is doing in structuring a proper football club for us after the cluster**** of Ashton and Johnson, while (steadily) building the squad has made him my favourite City manager ever. Even above Terry Cooper,Joe Jordan and Steve Cotterill.

• Like 4

Frustrated waiting, but some comments make out like we are uniquely a shambles and any other club wouldn't do this. Yet, Leeds are yet to appoint, Southampton apparently have a verbal agreement but not announced (we'd be up in arms at the club in that case... especially with Russell Martin).

Not sure how much our speed to appoint is an outlyer in our circumstances.

1 minute ago, Superjack said:

I honestly wouldn't take anyone over Pearson right now.

The job he is doing in structuring a proper football club for us after the cluster**** of Ashton and Johnson, while (steadily) building the squad has made him my favourite City manager ever. Even above Terry Cooper,Joe Jordan and Steve Cotterill.

Which is brilliant for Bristol City, but anyone who wants Pearson back at Leicester should know, things have moved on. Bristol City are where Leicester were 10 years ago. The club have moved on, there's to much arrogance deep set within the club for even someone like Pearson to undo. He will get Bristol City in the top half by the end of the season with no real hope of challenging for the play offs. Long term though they will be a better stronger club when they do eventually manage to make the premiership, before getting swiftly relegated and probably sacking him after forgetting they've spent a combined total of 9 seasons in their history in the top flight.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KansasFox said:

Frustrated waiting, but some comments make out like we are uniquely a shambles and any other club wouldn't do this. Yet, Leeds are yet to appoint, Southampton apparently have a verbal agreement but not announced (we'd be up in arms at the club in that case... especially with Russell Martin).

Not sure how much our speed to appoint is an outlyer in our circumstances.

But remember Burnley appointed Vincent Kompany on this day blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. 

• Like 1