Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

4 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Which is brilliant for Bristol City, but anyone who wants Pearson back at Leicester should know, things have moved on. Bristol City are where Leicester were 10 years ago. The club have moved on, there's to much arrogance deep set within the club for even someone like Pearson to undo. He will get Bristol City in the top half by the end of the season with no real hope of challenging for the play offs. Long term though they will be a better stronger club when they do eventually manage to make the premiership, before getting swiftly relegated and probably sacking him after forgetting they've spent a combined total of 9 seasons in their history in the top flight.

Pretty sensible and accurate post to be fair. 

At least, it involves us getting to the Prem, so I hope it is. 🤣

3 minutes ago, FOXYTALK said:

But remember Burnley appointed Vincent Kompany on this day blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. 

In a season that started a week earlier than this year too lol 

7 minutes ago, KansasFox said:

Frustrated waiting, but some comments make out like we are uniquely a shambles and any other club wouldn't do this. Yet, Leeds are yet to appoint, Southampton apparently have a verbal agreement but not announced (we'd be up in arms at the club in that case... especially with Russell Martin).

Not sure how much our speed to appoint is an outlyer in our circumstances.

Don't worry the "ultra" scribblers on their forums will be just as exasperated.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Superjack said:

I honestly wouldn't take anyone over Pearson right now.

The job he is doing in structuring a proper football club for us after the cluster**** of Ashton and Johnson, while (steadily) building the squad has made him my favourite City manager ever. Even above Terry Cooper,Joe Jordan and Steve Cotterill.

Great to hear he’s still got it. Exactly how I felt when he was Leicester manager. I personally think he’s one of a Rare breed who enjoys building a team rather than a lot of managers who sling together any old players and tactics. 

Unfortunately it seems many of our fans and our board enjoy the cluster f*** of successive shite managers rather than building a solid foundation for our future. In our case it led to us winning the EPL. I hope he delivers you success ultimately. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Pretty sensible and accurate post to be fair. 

At least, it involves us getting to the Prem, so I hope it is. 🤣

Looking forward to our visit to Ashton Gate though, I've lived in Bristol for a year and have thought from about January the away trip to Bristol will be good. You were playing WBA one day when we were playing Walsall in the FA cup, and some WBA fans come in a bar on the waterfront. Good lads they were and I like the city.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Which is brilliant for Bristol City, but anyone who wants Pearson back at Leicester should know, things have moved on. Bristol City are where Leicester were 10 years ago. The club have moved on, there's to much arrogance deep set within the club for even someone like Pearson to undo. He will get Bristol City in the top half by the end of the season with no real hope of challenging for the play offs. Long term though they will be a better stronger club when they do eventually manage to make the premiership, before getting swiftly relegated and probably sacking him after forgetting they've spent a combined total of 9 seasons in their history in the top flight.

So who then will be able to undo this?  If things are that bad (I do not believe they are) then we may as well give up.

Any manager we get will have joined at the perfect time to get players they want in. We will probably have to replace at least 10 players in the squad, more than likely 15.  Biggest budget in the history of the Championship.  We need a leader and a builder manager desperately.  The players were unfit and nonmotivated last season.  We can not allow that to happen again.

1 minute ago, Beachyboy said:

Looking forward to our visit to Ashton Gate though, I've lived in Bristol for a year and have thought from about January the away trip to Bristol will be good. You were playing WBA one day when we were playing Walsall in the FA cup, and some WBA fans come in a bar on the waterfront. Good lads they were and I like the city.

Hope you have a good day mate. Apart from the result, obviously. 😉👍

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

That would be fine were it not for the fact that they have had two years to prepare for succession.

I doubt they were planning for this league until at the most two months ago. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

It's Shakey.

No one can turn their nose up a CL semi final.

If VAR was around then we would of got the semis, the Atletico Madrid peno in the first leg seemed shady to me, outside the box and minimal contact.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, inckley fox said:

Why would that be? Did it go horribly wrong last time? Doesn't he know anything about the FLC? Can't he win a promotion or rebuild a squad properly? Would a return to doing things how we used to do them when we were successful be so awful?

There are good options to rival him, though I doubt we'll appoint the best of them. And I could easily imagine it not working out if he did return, as I could with any of the alternatives. But, unless you'd lump for an unknown quantity (in which case fan opinions are kind of worthless), the aim would be to find pedigree. And surely he has it.

A love Pearson and defended him to the hilt, but much of our success under was was set around recruitment and the brilliance of Walsh and the system he set up, which was before it's time. He never flawed me tactically. 

4 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

If VAR was around then we would have got the semis, the Atletico Madrid peno in the first leg seemed shady to me, outside the box and minimal contact.

They would have gone through on away goals ?

(and albrighton’s last minute challenge at our place would have been a var intervention pen aswell ) 

1 minute ago, Jonezy said:

Still nothing then. Half way through June, relegated to the Championship and no manager to start a rebuild progress. Our club is so well run these days.... 

It's rather concerning particularly in terms of fitness and conditioning. The season ahead is going to be a real slog and we're going to need to be at peak fitness if we want any chance of promotion. I have no doubt that we'll be one of the strongest technically in the league but if you can't match teams physically it's of little benefit. 

• Like 1

If pre season doesn't start until 26th June, I guess it doesn't need to be announced much before then, hopefully we have cleared 1 or two big names out the door before then to give the new guy some money to spend or put his thoughts over.

7 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

Still nothing then. Half way through June, relegated to the Championship and no manager to start a rebuild progress. Our club is so well run these days.... 

if we appoint the wrong person, people say the decision was rushed. 
I would have liked a manager by now, but let’s relax.

• Like 1