Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

3 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

If pre season doesn't start until 26th June, I guess it doesn't need to be announced much before then, hopefully we have cleared 1 or two big names out the door before then to give the new guy some money to spend or put his thoughts over.

Have to disagree slightly on this as I think it depends who comes in. If we appoint someone who's looking to play a high energy pressing game the pre-conditioning work will be crucial to how well we start the season. You don't want the players reporting back on 26th not up to speed then having to spend 4-6 weeks working on conditioning just to get them up to the level that they should have been at upon return from their hols. For me the Championship is one of those leagues where if you get off to a good start you can quickly build momentum and lay down a marker for the rest of the league so in my opinion it's pretty crucial that we get this part right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

What's the counter argument then?

Why did Ward play 26 times? Why was Soyuncu not used instead of Amartey? Why was Iheanacho not given more starts and minutes? Why didn't we play to Vardy's strengths? 

because BR wanted to deliberately tarnish his career and deliberately tried to relegate LCFC. you live under a rock, im convinced

Edited by Simoken

24 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

If VAR was around then we would of got the semis, the Atletico Madrid peno in the first leg seemed shady to me, outside the box and minimal contact.

Griezmann knows how to win a penalty. One of the best players I've ever seen live (and I've seen a few!) but they knew they'd been in a war by the end of that second leg. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Happy to discuss if you come up with a coherent argument :)

How are you being 'coherent' when all you mentioned was totally illogical and laughable. Im happy to discuss reality with you. :brendan_still:

Edited by Simoken

15 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

We're now in the 3rd week following relegation and still nothing has happened. This is a joke, when do the players return for pre season 1st or 2nd week in July?

And there will still be people out there that defend this club with their lives.

The parallels to last summer are uncanny. The biggest and most important rebuild in years and the day the transfer window opens we don't have a manager. 

Getting relegated from the Champ at 50/1 is currently excellent value because this ownership/board are doing their utmost to ensure it happens. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

We’ll have to see how it pans out. To be fair Pearson has a handicap with Bristol City as he has to sell theirs best players. They sold Semenyo in Jan for 10mill and also losing Alex Scott for 25mill. 

In our current situation. Championship club, squad re-build needed I just don’t see anyone better than NP. I would however also like to see Shakey stay and Walsh return as it’s been an incredible formula for our success previously.

Not really what you said, you said BC would be 2nd by Xmas, then you said they would have a better start.

So you are backtracking on both of those now? 

57 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I doubt they were planning for this league until at the most two months ago. 

Even if that is true - and let’s take that as the moment reality struck, for the sake of argument - that’s TWO MONTHS they’ve had and still not found a manager. Not sure why you’re going all Apu’s Supermarket for the club and Rudkin on this tbh 😂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Levi Port said:

I just don’t believe the club would go for Parker after the way he threw Bournemouth under the bus. Just doesn’t make sense, yet here we are in the championship and he’s favourite. 

Original comment saying "Why would we go for Parker when he threw Bournemouth under the bus?"

3 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Rodgers did far worse. Publicly said the club couldn't and wouldn't compete. Deliberately refused to use his whole squad and didn't play his best players. Got us relegated. 

My original reply, saying that Rodgers did far worse than Parker (therefore if the club laid down and let Rodgers walk all over them, then why would they balk at Parker doing less?), because not only did ultimately get us relegated, not only did he publicly say the club wouldn't and couldn't compete, he also didn't use our best players - which despite all the other factors that contributed to our relegation (of which there are plainly many), the simplest solution for us this season would have been to use our best players, which we did not. 

2 hours ago, Simoken said:

'deliberate' lol what hateful delusion do you live in.

You ridiculing my stance that Rodgers deliberately didn't use his best players. With no evidence to the contrary or counter argument. False narrative that holding my point (that Rodgers didn't use his best players) is hateful delusion. Ad hominem attack rather than actual argument

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

What's the counter argument then?

Why did Ward play 26 times? Why was Soyuncu not used instead of Amartey? Why was Iheanacho not given more starts and minutes? Why didn't we play to Vardy's strengths? 

Me asking for your counter argument. IF Rodgers didn't deliberately avoid using his best players then why did Ward get so much game time over Iversen? Why did Amartey play instead of Soyuncu? Why did Soyuncu come straight into the team once Smith came in? We did Iheanacho not start much despite being our best forward? 

22 minutes ago, Simoken said:

because BR wanted to deliberately tarnish his career and deliberately tried to relegate LCFC. you live under a rock, im convinced

I never made that claim - but for whatever reason Rodgers didn't use this squad effectively and didn't use his best players enough - as above

15 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Happy to discuss if you come up with a coherent argument :)

Me still waiting for your actual counter argument...

8 minutes ago, Simoken said:

How are you being 'coherent' when all you mentioned was totally illogical and laughable. Im happy to discuss reality with you. :brendan_still:

Again, ad hominem attack, no actual argument 

Odds shortening on Parker. He's now evens slightly behind Maresca who's drifted a bit.

Can see it coming, Parker announced tomorrow. We're a complete fcuking circus run by complete fcuking clowns🤡🤡🤡

No wonder we're a laughing stock on some of the other forums.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

If pre season doesn't start until 26th June, I guess it doesn't need to be announced much before then, hopefully we have cleared 1 or two big names out the door before then to give the new guy some money to spend or put his thoughts over.

I remember Claudio taking over in mid July. And I recall the pic in ore season a couple of weeks prior of Shakey and Steve Walsh with clipboards monitoring training. 

My point is, first 2 weeks is all fitness anyway. 

And week 3 when Ranieri came in, he was basically just watching Shakey and Walsh watching the fitness levels. 

I'm totally relaxed until about 3.5 weeks before the season kick off ...then the new manager has a decent training window to imprint some style (tbh, we've all seen managers come in and change style and formation and tactics within 3 days. So 3 weeks is fine) 

• Haha 1

Guest Mee-9
1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Don't know what the issue is. We haven't lost a game in weeks 

I know mate. It's been a few weeks unbeaten. Don't know what all the chaos is about. 

9 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Original comment saying "Why would we go for Parker when he threw Bournemouth under the bus?"

My original reply, saying that Rodgers did far worse than Parker (therefore if the club laid down and let Rodgers walk all over them, then why would they balk at Parker doing less?), because not only did ultimately get us relegated, not only did he publicly say the club wouldn't and couldn't compete, he also didn't use our best players - which despite all the other factors that contributed to our relegation (of which there are plainly many), the simplest solution for us this season would have been to use our best players, which we did not. 

You ridiculing my stance that Rodgers deliberately didn't use his best players. With no evidence to the contrary or counter argument. False narrative that holding my point (that Rodgers didn't use his best players) is hateful delusion. Ad hominem attack rather than actual argument

Me asking for your counter argument. IF Rodgers didn't deliberately avoid using his best players then why did Ward get so much game time over Iversen? Why did Amartey play instead of Soyuncu? Why did Soyuncu come straight into the team once Smith came in? We did Iheanacho not start much despite being our best forward? 

I never made that claim - but for whatever reason Rodgers didn't use this squad effectively and didn't use his best players enough - as above

Me still waiting for your actual counter argument...

Again, ad hominem attack, no actual argument 

A counter arguement? i cant counter against delusional, maybe read what you are actually saying BR did last season and think about that ultimate motive, like a majority, you are absorbed with hate on the man who was just doing his job. speculation has driven FT mad. its quite enjoyable tbh.

Edited by Simoken

We know the club put out red herrings, we know the club are trying to find out who is leaking. Sean and LM on twitter seem to have the same/ similar source or copy one another. Each one posts their update on Parker at the same time and also ‘broke’ the Luke Thomas news at the same time. I can’t get my head around a Parker appointment and am optimistically hoping/ believing that their getting their info from an ill informed red herring. Time will tell 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Levi Port said:

We know the club put out red herrings, we know the club are trying to find out who is leaking. Sean and LM on twitter seem to have the same/ similar source or copy one another. Each one posts their update on Parker at the same time and also ‘broke’ the Luke Thomas news at the same time. I can’t get my head around a Parker appointment and am optimistically hoping/ believing that their getting their info from an ill informed red herring. Time will tell 

Probably the same person. See also; Jeeevan.