Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

1 hour ago, MPH said:

One positive I see about Enzo is that he might have a couple of gems he might know about at Man City he could bring with him. Or at worse, we might get a couple of decent loans from them..

I usually scoff at the idea that a manager will bring with them loans from a specific club, but in this case, Man City would see us as the perfect destination for their prodigies.

Seagrave, a manager that would likely play an identical style, who managed the under 23s for them last season, at a club that is expected to be the favourites in a real league.

I'd never suggest hiring a manager just for the loan prospects they could attract, but it would be a hell of a bonus in this specific case.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Shit_arse said:

I've not been on the board for some time now! 

I remember you, and i haven't been on here for years either - pretty much just, it seems when we're in the championship....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

It's commonly used as a sarcasm indicator when communicating solely by text. You can also follow up a post with /s to indicate sarcasm but that also shows you've been on Reddit and isn't cool

Every day is a school day. 

I did feel like joey from friends with this one. 

1 minute ago, Verumex said:

I usually scoff at the idea that a manager will bring with them loans from a specific club, but in this case, Man City would see us as the perfect destination for their prodigies.

Seagrave, a manager that would likely play an identical style, who managed the under 23s for them last season, at a club that is expected to be the favourites in a real league.

I'd never suggest hiring a manager just for the loan prospects they could attract, but it would be a hell of a bonus in this specific case.

We could actually be a more attractive proposition for them than a relegation threatened PL team. They won't want their youngsters stuck in a dog fight and getting a losing mentality, believing they aren't good enough for PL football. 

26 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Man who got two gems promoted = no hope.

Random who lasted a few games in last job and done nothing = hope.

The logic in this place is outstanding at times. 

yep and you’ll probably be one of the first to question why we didn’t try to get him if he goes onto success. 

Personally, I think a highly regarded coach by the best club in the world is more promising than a manager hated by all the clubs he’s managed. 

But if football is as simple as what’s gone before than why isn’t every club, getting every decision right? 

you might be right or I might be, but we are all entitied to an opinion, so maybe just let people have their own thoughts. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Babylon said:

That’s why we want him it’s the unknown, Parker may have got promoted twice but doesn’t mean he will again 

34 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Mind boggles, don't it? Absolute braindead. Said the same a few pages back.

hE wOrKs WiTh PeP, though. So it's obviously all good. 

Edited by Adster
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Just a guess. But given the toxicity of last season, we really need an appointment that brings some excitement and positivity back. Parker has a half-decent CV, but his brand of football and personality seems to have made him thoroughly disliked among the fans of all three clubs he’s managed. He would be a deeply divisive appointment, and I don’t think that’s what the club needs right now.

Couldn't have put it better.  We've seen so many times, and particularly last yar in the Prem, that you don't have to have the best squad or best manager to do ok, you just have to have adequacy and confidence.  Parker seems to tick every box of what we don't want from a manager right now, and yet I'll wake up tomorrow in sheer terror of reading that he has been given the job.

For all the negativity towards the board right now, i can't believe they are quite as incompetent and out of touch as people think.  They are astute enough to understand that being in the EFL gives us a chance to rebuild at a fraction of the cost of what it would have been had we stayed up, so they're going to want to find someone that they can rebuild with, not just a potential quick fix.

I think they're, at least, conscious of how they are currently perceived and surely want to do the right thing to win back the fans. Employing someone who has drawn such a negative reaction won't achieve this - we've already seen them back track from Marsch when the fans spoke out, i can't see the fan reaction not influencing their decision, especially if they have other/better options.

• Like 1

OK I've been searching for the 5:00 announcement, definitely not believing the 8:00 announcement rumour, but can remind folk of the importance of other events that may distract our mighty decision making team...

Sandown
Leicester
Lingfield
Ascot - note KP horse called Bielsa running 24th June, is this significant?

52 minutes ago, SeCrEt FoX said:

Said exactly this yesterday, might be key to an immediate return. 

Not to mention the amount of talent in italy struggling to break into serie A teams.

44 minutes ago, Babylon said:

But based on the reverse of that logic Parker could walk into any team in the championship and get them promoted just because he's done it before?

Edited by Lillehamring
  • Like 1