Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

So this part is all just me  speculating.

So if we truly are going for Maresca it appears that we would like to tap into his prem contracts and pool of young talent both at Man City and in the Italian league.  Parker would be the far more sensible option but it suggests that we do not want to have the mentality of a championship team and are still clinging to the notion we are a prem team and we could be setting our sights on bringing in players that would blossom in the prem. It’s almost like we want to do only one rebuild. 

I have no doubt that appointing Parker would help us bring in players that would strongly compete for promotion, but would be then need another rebuild when we get promotion?  It feels like we are trying to skip that second rebuild and build to be a Successful prem team now not in a years time.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 3

Slightly off topic, but I've always been a big believer that most manager's find a club (and vice versa) that just,  somehow, fit. Personality. Ability. Timing. Attitude.

Brian Little and Nigel Pearson for example both just fitted snug as a glove with us. Slightly dour. Slightly underdoggy. Slight chip on shoulder. Both sides - manager and fans - all thinking we could maybe do a bit better than this marriage. 

Instinctively Parker doesn't fit. Maresco neither. Perhaps the best 'fit' of names mentioned is Hasenhuttl (who I dont personally fancy)  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Adster said:

Mind boggles, don't it? Absolute braindead. Said the same a few pages back.

hE wOrKs WiTh PeP, though. So it's obviously all good. 

i think you'll find, though, that rather than being brain dead and using seemingly flawed logic, most people don't want parker in spite of the two promotions.  The mood amongst supporters is as low as it's been since we dropped to league 1, they want to fall in love with their club again and for the anti-parker movement he's not the manager that's going to make that happen.  When all around the club is negative things like track record (which is no guarantee for future success) is overwhelmed by the negative reports of his playing style, the similarities to BR, the fact that he has been continuously sacked from his jobs, the shit attitude and comments he made.... it just screams negativity, he's like an optimism vampire.

• Like 2

Guest Mee-9
3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Slightly off topic, but I've always been a big believer that most manager's find a club (and vice versa) that just,  somehow, fit. Personality. Ability. Timing. Attitude.

Brian Little and Nigel Pearson for example both just fitted snug as a glove with us. Slightly dour. Slightly underdoggy. Slight chip on shoulder. Both sides - manager and fans - all thinking we could maybe do a bit better than this marriage. 

Instinctively Parker doesn't fit. Maresco neither. Perhaps the best 'fit' of names mentioned is Hasenhuttl (who I dont personally fancy)  

I'd love Hasenhuttl to come and manage us in the Championship. Be a marked improvement on Parker and others. But definitely agree on your point about managers fitting a club. 

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

lets be right, all that underdog stuff etc, the whole mindset of the players and fans has totally gone since Rodgers last 18 months in charge, too soft etc

we have to make a new one in every respect and personally thats why I'd rather us go for the unknown in Enzo than Parker

1 minute ago, Lillehamring said:

i think you'll find, though, that rather than being brain dead and using seemingly flawed logic, most people don't want parker in spite of the two promotions.  The mood amongst supporters is as low as it's been since we dropped to league 1, they want to fall in love with their club again and for the anti-parker movement he's not the manager that's going to make that happen.  When all around the club is negative things like track record (which is no guarantee for future success) is overwhelmed by the negative reports of his playing style, the similarities to BR, the fact that he has been continuously sacked from his jobs, the shit attitude and comments he made.... it just screams negativity, he's like an optimism vampire.

Yes but track record is much more an indicator than someone who has next to 0 first team managerial experience. Why would you not back a track record? Because some fans from Bmouth and Fulham give an opinion? Of course their fans forget about all the good times, as he got sacked in perilous position in the Prem. Our fans would do the same if someone asked us about Rodgers. As fans are fickle. 

I'm not saying that a track record is the sole indicator and that because of it he'll be a great appointment. I'm purely saying there is more factual evidence to suggest success in our current position of trying to get out of the championship, with someone who has proven to do it on multiple occasions. 

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

lets be right, all that underdog stuff etc, the whole mindset of the players and fans has totally gone since Rodgers last 18 months in charge, too soft etc

we have to make a new one in every respect and personally thats why I'd rather us go for the unknown in Enzo than Parker

No, I get you. Believe me,.I'm amongst the loudest for challenging the loser mindset the envelopes a significant portion of our supporter base. 

The manager fit was in order to finding a quicker route to success. The more I think about it, the more Hasenhuttl makes sense

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Best one I’ve heard so far…. Mates daughter works for Brighton and they have heard we are appointing……

Emma Haynes.

Who's that? 

My mate's daughter also works for Brighton and they've said we're appointing Emma Hayes. 

Not sure who your mate is on about! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Best one I’ve heard so far…. Mates daughter works for Brighton and they have heard we are appointing……

Emma Haynes.

Emma Hayes would be bad enough but we'll probably appoint the unknown Emma Haynes! lol